Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by fi_fi »

Hi all :wave:

SeanI must have missed something - why do you have a stuffed owl??

Lynne - I've never heard of the Barking Owl or the Screaming Woman Bird, queue looking them up on you tube! And I am horribly ashamed to say that I am also yet to read your book - can I buy it on Amazon or elsewhere online, or should I go into my local book store and demand they start stocking it? (I'm quite happy to do so, having been unforgivably absent in my HH-sibling-ly duties for the past 2 years or so!!) Hope the meeting at the school went well.

Sarah I do indeed live in Welsh Wales (though I'm not Welsh myself), and it is pretty cool :) We live half way up a mountain in North Wales - 1000ft above sea level - we're lucky enough to have some AMAZING views! Where abouts are you? Well done with the MIL outing - do the two of you get on well generally? And do you mind me asking you what's going on with the whole re-reading the Saga/discussing the books thing? Are we doing that here or on facebook, if it's the latter would you mind adding me to the HH Library group please? I'd like to join in!

I've had a lovely couple of days catching up with friends after being away for almost 2 weeks, during which I listened to all 4 of The Saga audiobooks.... so much for just reading Twilight in July. I'm thinking I might have to go back to the beginning and listen to them all again - it's like my obsession from 4 years ago has come back just as strong, I've fallen in love with Edward and the whole Saga all over again!!

Not sure what my plans are for the next few days, might be next week before I get a chance to drop in. Hope you all have fun whatever you're doing.
Be safe xx
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi Everyone.

I got some new photos of barn owls today that I took last week:

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=54347FC5

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... cea53daae9

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9613_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7505_o.jpg

Other than that, I had a great day at work and I'll be getting some money tomorrow. I'll be doing some grocery shopping and doing some other stuff as well. Then I'll be ready for the weekend :)

Fi-fi: I got a stuffed barn owl during my outing when I took those photos. I decided to bring it in to work to show my co-workers. And everyone seemed to like it :)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

For some reason it wasn't letting me post on Chrome so I switched to Firefox and now I can write again :)

Anyway! This week I got both the cats to the vet and finally discovered the source of Katniss's skin woes-she's allergic to fleas! Poor girl! So now she needs flea treatment and we need to make sure the house is cleaned thoroughly just in case she brought a few in with her. We also had dinner with my FIL as an early present for me since my birthday is Monday and my sister is in town next week so we just won't have time then.

Lynne-I've read a few memoirs on the subject so I guess I'll have to turn to Google since I don't know anyone who does do professional gymnastics. How'd the meeting at the school go?

Fi Fi-I think Desiree is the one in charge of the HH Library but I've been discussing some of it on the HH Sisters thread on FB. It's really fun to read along with everyone! I need to start New Moon :) I'm glad you're back around the Lex!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

The meeting at the school went pretty well. The principal seemed to support the idea that the library needs to be built up. In fact, she told us that the building it's in now was purpose built for the library. Unfortunately, they keep half of it for primary level assemblies and parades and things like that, which means the library's space is smaller than it needs to be. She also said that there are more books in stock than are out of the shelves and I mentioned that if no one can see them, no one is going to ask for them. She conceded that point, so hopefully the library will have some new shelves with more visible stock soon, and maybe some extra space. I will keep a close watch to see what happens.

Today I'm going out for coffee with a friend of mine. I'm looking forward to catching up, as it's been a while since we've seen each other. I'm taking a copy of The Reign, as she doesn't have hers yet. Tonight we're going to visit some wonderful friends who are moving to the other side of the country soon :( . It will be sad to see them go, but i'm glad we're able to catch up before they do.

Fifi - you can go to your bookstore and thump on the desk if you like, but I'm not sure that will make them start stocking the books regularly. Although it might! :D Anyway, to find out more about them, go to their website here and click on the first book cover. Don't look at the other two yet, as there are spoilers.
Or, if you'd like to buy all three at once plus a free t-shirt, my publisher still has a deal going to post all three with a 'Verindon trilogy' t-shirt to anywhere in the world for $55. Click here for that one, but try not to read the blurb for the book, as it's book three and it will give too much away. Just go straight to the FIRST button that says 'add to cart'.

Sarah - Katniss is allergic to fleas? Man, that's got to be unfortunate for a cat or dog. Hopefully you can get rid of them all.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Had a pretty good day at work and got some groceries today. Mostly sandwich stuff, some chicken strips, Lime-flavored Diet Coke and some pita chips, since I'm starting to get into Greek food.

I don't really have a lot planned for tonight. It was a pretty eventful day and I'm quite tired. I'll be watching a couple of shows tonight and I'll probably be looking up some stuff and getting some sleep.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had fun yesterday, both at coffee and at dinner. It was great to catch up with my friend. We always enjoy chatting, and I loved catching up with our other friends too. The only sad part there is that they will soon move away to Adelaide. Also, the wife of that team has just stopped using Facebook, which takes away the easiest way of maintaining contact with her! I'm hoping she'll start using it again once they move. It really is helpful when you want to find out what people are up to.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First, a kitten update. Baby Jade hopped in my lap and purred last night. That's the first time that she's done that.

Secondly, I like the pita chips I got last night and I love the bread I got, which I'll be using mostly to make sandwiches with. I don't have many plans tonight, but I want to do some PC gaming and some fan fic writing. I've already washed the dishes and scrubbed the living room floor, so that's two things out of the way, and I got to try some new stuff as far as scrubbing brushes that worked pretty well. But that's all I really have to say right now, just not doing a ton right now.

TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday the Renaissance Faire was so much fun :) I added fairy wings to a cute summer dress and enjoyed the sunshine and time with one of my BFFs. There's a few pictures on Facebook from yesterday. Other than that, it was a quiet day. I spent time with Jason and we worked on cleaning the house up more, which feels like a never ending task! But it's good to push ourselves and try to continue deep cleaning and getting rid of stuff.

Today my sister and niece fly in for the week which is super fun since I haven't seen them since last September. I'm really glad she'll be staying with my parents so I can hang out with them after work this week.

Lynne-it's always weird to me when people stop using Facebook! If you're addicted to it, cut back, but don't delete it completely. It's the main way I keep up with the majority of my friends! Glad you had fun with them :)

It doesn't really look like the house has fleas, we've been vacuuming the house section by section as we clean and organize and I'm not seeing any which is a big relief. We're treating Katniss today with the good stuff the vet recommended and keeping her indoors for time being. She's mad about it but strangely she's turned into a cuddle bug again :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm doing more work for Rochelle today. I'm editing a book set in the tea plantations of Sri Lanka during the 1960s, so there's a lot of racial and cultural stuff going on. It's interesting, but we've decided to pull out all the foreign words and put them in a glossary, which means I have to go back over what I've already done (which is about 180 pages) and remove them all. It will take a while.

Sarah - I'm glad to hear you had a good time at the faire. And I'm glad Katniss is cuddling a bit, even though she doesn't like being inside.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got up after my parents got here and visited, and after the left I went back so sleep, since I spent much of the morning doing chores around the house.

So, I haven't really done much and tonight I'll mostly be looking up some stuff and getting ready for tomorrow. I did get a lot done, though. I also loved my sandwiches I made with my garlic and crusty bread, though I do have to be a bit careful with eating them--it's not like the stereotypical bread from a store shelf, it's actually bakery bread which is a lot lighter than that stuff.

So that's what I have going on tonight.