Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Phew! It's been so busy lately!

The doctor tells me my pneumonia is improving but it takes a while to get over it and the lungs are the last to recover. I have to go for another chest x-ray in mid-January and if it isn't significantly improved by then, I'll need a catscan. I hope that won't be necessary.

I really enjoyed Rogue One, although the recovery from the midnight screening wasn't fun. It was a good movie and I'd recommend it.

The book signings both went well. Sold 12 copies at one and two at the other. :D

Our holiday was great and enjoyable. We stayed in an apartment on the Maroochy River ... as in, right on it. We had our own private jetty at the end of the backyard that led to the river. I had a great time. We ate out every day so I didn't have to cook!

Now, to prepare for Christmas.

Sarah - glad to hear the new girl is one of us. ;) Yes, I've nearly finish my Christmas shopping too. Just one final thing to buy for my mother. It's a plant so I had to wait until really close to Christmas to get it, otherwise I would have bought it at the beginning of December. I hate leaving things to the last minute.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Merry Christmas!!!

I'm off tomorrow thank God, as it's been a busy but enjoyable few days of celebrating! We went to church Friday evening, as we were hosting Christmas Eve for Jason's family and knew we wouldn't be able go then, and our church is quite large, two locations, so they opted to pre-record a devotional today and not hold services. It made sense to me and the extra sleep was nice. We slept in and then had an early dinner with my parents in the afternoon.

Rogue One was actually pretty good, just a sad ending. I totally get why it ended like that but it was still sad!

Lynne-glad your holiday was fun!! How was Christmas?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We had a really lovely Christmas. We went to my in-laws' place this year and I made all the veggies and took them with me which required a lot of timing to make sure they were all ready to be transported over there at just the right time. It worked well, which was great. :) We had a beautiful day.

Yesterday we caught up on a number of things, including sleep! ;) Today we're going to the sales to see if we can find a bargain. They started yesterday but there was no way I was going to be caught up in that madness. Today is good enough for me.

Sarah - I'm glad you had a good Christmas and that you enjoyed Rogue One. Yes, I found the ending sad as well.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Apparently I never pressed post last night...:P

Merry Christmas!!!

I've been off today thank God, as it's been a busy but enjoyable few days of celebrating! We went to church Friday evening, as we were hosting Christmas Eve for Jason's family and knew we wouldn't be able go then, and our church is quite large, two locations, so they opted to pre-record a devotional on Christmas and not hold services. It made sense to me and the extra sleep was nice. We slept in and then had an early dinner with my parents in the afternoon. Today I hit the post Christmas sales and got a few things for next year :)

Rogue One was actually pretty good, just a sad ending. I totally get why it ended like that but it was still sad!

Lynne-glad your holiday was fun!! How was Christmas?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

You did post that, Sarah. It was above my post.

I'm gutted at the death of Carrie Fisher. 2016 has definitely NOT been my favourite year. :heartbroke: :(
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

I did? Oh :(

What a way to end 2016, with the loss of Carrie Fisher and then her mother only a few days later. So awful. I'm relieved it's a new year!

Yesterday I got out and saw La La Land, starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, two of my favorite actors, and it was so good. It's rare I like a movie quite that much but it's also rare I find a movie with a good story that's clean (seriously, no unneeded sex scenes!) with such good acting! No wonder it's been getting so much Oscar buzz! Totally worth it seeing. I need to buy the soundtrack, the music was lovely!

I also read Lauren Graham's memoir, Talking as Fast as I Can, and found it to be a good read. It was released right around the time that the new Gilmore Girls series debuted so it was cool to read her thoughts about the series.

We stopped by a NYE party with Jason's cousins last night but came home well before midnight since I hate being on the road with all the crazies. My neighbors were lighting off fire works and it was making Rolph nervous.

Lynne-Glad you had a good Christmas!! Did you find any good sales?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Happy New Year!

I'm trying to think positively about the year ahead. I often begin a year (or at least, end the last one) with a great deal of trepidation, but this time, I'm trying to go into it with the view that it's going to be great. It will be interesting to see what it brings.

Little Man is spending the night with his grandparents tonight so Hubby and I can see Rogue One, as Hubby hasn't seen it yet. I considered taking Little Man, as since he's ten now I think he could handle it, but I'm pretty sure he'd actually find it boring so I figured it was better to wait until it's out on DVD so we can skip some bits if he gets bored. I'm hoping he'll be all right staying with his grandparents. The last few times we've tried it, he hasn't been able to get to sleep, so I'm praying really hard that he'll have a good night there, both for his sake and for the sake of my in-laws.

Sarah - I'm glad you liked La La Land. It's certainly getting a lot of positive buzz. Yeah, we came home at eleven, as Little Man couldn't quite make it to twelve. Yeah, I got a couple of new pairs of shoes at the sales. :D
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy first week of the new year!

The first week has been crazy, with a tummy bug making the rounds to everyone I know. :shock: Thankfully I didn't get it as bad as Jason, but then again I just chose not to eat much until I felt hungry again. My co-worker pushed through it all week as well, ugh.

I saw Freeform was running a Twilight marathon today, why is it more fun to watch movies I own on TV? :P I don't get that channel at the moment and it's NFL playoffs today anyway. Our beloved Seahawks have made it to the second round..we'll see what happens next week!

Lynne-How'd you like Rogue One? I found it a bit boring at times but I'm like that with every Star Wars movie. I found the ending sad but the movie was good.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I started work again yesterday but I'm working from home for the rest of the school holidays, which is this week and next week. Yesterday I managed to get a fair bit done without my son getting bored. There are times I can slot it into the day, which works well. Hopefully I won't get too stressed out before school/normal work hours start on the 23rd.

Sarah - It is fun to watch them when they're on TV, isn't it? I often stop and watch. Yes, I did enjoy Rogue One. Most Star Wars fans seem to like it.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

I survived my boss being gone last week and spent the weekend recovering! Major props to my boss for doing such a good job running the business..thankfully most of the clients left her alone. She doesn't take enough time for herself.

Other than that I haven't been up to much, just work. I've been re-reading a bunch of Karen Kingsbury books and enjoying the warmer weather.

Lynne-How are school holidays going for you? Entertaining LM well?