Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

It's great to see so many people here again. It was lonely here when it was quiet.

Has anyone here read my book yet? Any comments? For those of you who were having copies posted to them, I think they should be there some time this week. I hope you enjoy it!

Susie - that interior designer showcase home sounds very interesting. Yes, it been quite wet here lately. Usually winter in Brisbane is blue skies and cold wind.

Sarah - Yes, it's been raining several times a week and is usually cloudy on the days it doesn't rain. It's making drying my washing difficult. (We don't have a dryer; they are expensive to run and use a lot of electricity).

Songbird - yes, at least breast cancer can be detected. The ovarian cancer can be a worry, though. It's hard to detect.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today's been a pretty good day so far. Later on, I'll try and make some BBQ chicken, since I didn't get around to doing that last night.

I'll also be logging off of here for a while, so I can have dinner, watch some shows, and do a few other things before I finish looking some stuff up and work on some fan fic.

It's been a bit of a slow day, aside from the Le Mans test day where Audi ran 1-2-3 and their fastest car broke the pole time from last year by 1.5 seconds. However, the session was marred by rain, so we might not have seen what they really had.

But other than that, it's been a bit of a ho-hum day, but at least the weather's good and I got a few things done.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

I’m sorry I have been MIA for so long. After all the things happened with Garfield I wasn’t up to do much social things for a while and after that work seemed to swallow up my time.

However everything seems back on track. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the doc. I’m curious to see what he has to say. Coming Sunday we are visiting a cattery to see if we connect with the kitten we liked from the pictures.

Friday my dad is leaving again and Saturday my brother gets back home… They won’t see each other again probably till Christmas.

Alright I’ll do a quick reply to catch up on things a bit.

Susie, I’m sorry I have been missing… RL just swallowed up all my time to post. Especially my morning post as it seemed work realized I had been on a holiday…needlessly to say I’m ready for another holiday. I’m back now, though I’m not sure if I can manage a post every day. It looks like the next week will be busy as well.
How is everything going in the Twin city?

Susan, a new heater installed??? In the only week we are going to have summer. Nice timing!!
When are you leaving for the US?

Sarah, congrats on passing the test!

Suzanne, I’ll try to be there for the party. Perhaps we can pull back everybody. How did your internship end up? Still busy or are you done now?

Sean, like I said on fb yesterday from Europe it’s hard to watch any US racing. Most of the time the sites are blocked and there is nothing on tv. I did watch F1 of course. It’s disappointing to see McLaren having troubles with the car. I think it’s clear to say that this season just won’t do and is better to be skipped.

Lynne, how did you survive your book launch? How is it going?

Alright that’s it for now…
I’ll promise to try to post more this week.

See you all later!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I've got a quiet day with lots of social media catch up for me. So I will blog, schedule tweets, and spend time on Goodreads today.

marielle - I hope you get that kitten. She looked gorgeous! Yes, I think I have recovered from the book launch. Things seem to be going well so far. My book's generating a bit of interest on Goodreads, which is a good sign.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm gonna have a bit of a rush this evening, since I slept in for my nap longer than I had planned, and there's an episode of Man Lab where James builds a glider to fly across the English Channel on at 10:00.

I hope to be in bed early tonight and I hope that it'll help me with some of how I've been feeling recently.

Other than that, I haven't been up to much. I talked to Tracy and some of the new people where I work today, and I tired Long John Silver's new fish platter, which I liked.

But as mentioned, not much else happened today that was special.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Still waiting for The Heir to get here!! I was hoping it would get here yesterday because I finished my 2nd read through of my other friend's book on Saturday and wanted something new to read, but don't want to start something else and then have to put it down or rush to finish once Lynne's book gets here. But it didn't get here, so I'm hoping for today. I am so anxious!

Lynne, yes, that's a good thing for me, plus breast cancer now has a pretty high survival rate if you detect it early enough. Higher than other types anyway. My mom's just wasn't discovered until it was too late. What is macular degeneration? Is that something with the eyes?

Marielle, I'm so sorry about Garfield. I can understand how you would need a bit of time to deal with that. But we're glad to see you back.
How did the doctor go? I hope the kitten works out for you! She looks so sweet!!!
Yep...great timing for a new heater, huh? I've been freezing for weeks and then finally I get a heater when I don't need it anymore. Well, it IS nice to be able to shower more conveniently, though the heater worked enough that we at least could get hot water for showers. It just wasn't really convenient. But I'm sure we'll be grateful this winter, and the nice thing is that this one is way more powerful and energy efficient than the old one, so I think we'll probably save money on heating the house this year.
I leave for the US on August 2nd. I'll be gone for just over 3 weeks. I'm getting really nervous. I don't like flying, I don't like traveling alone, especially when I have a layover in a country where I don't speak the language and know NO ONE to call if I needed help, and I'm worried about transportation. I have someone to pick me up from the airport and that's it so far, so I'm a bit panicked. I'm one of those people who likes to have everything in order before I go. I don't like to leave anything to chance. But I know I have great friends and they will help me as much as they can. I just get nervous not having it all lined up yet.

Nothing else new here...picture day at school on Thursday. I love getting new pictures of the kids!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there, everyone! It's been great to see that there are some packages arriving at your houses. Nice packages with books and t-shirts and brochures!

Songbird - macular degeneration is a disease which affects the eyes and gradually causes blindness. If caught early enough it can usually be kept under control. So far, my father still has his sight, which is good, because he's a writer. I'll have to watch out for it too.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

First of all, any of you who live from WY to Penn. tonight and tomorrow might want to be on the look out for bad weather. No tornado outbreak is predicted, but there is a significant severe thunderstorm/windstorm threat tomorrow with a possible derecho forming. And on Thursday, that might be a problem for the east coast, and if Tracy is in Washington by then, it'll be an issue for her, too.

As for me, I had a great day at work today, and I got to talk to Tracy and one of her co-workers today after work. I though that one of the out-going counselors was young and that one of the other new hires was young, but it turns out that Tracy is only 23 years old! I found out quite a bit about her and I told her quite a bit about myself, too. I really enjoyed that part of my day. At least I'm getting a friend or two out of this :)

Other than that, I don't have many plans. I was supposed to do something tomorrow, but that got canceled. And with the weather most likely taking a turn for the worst tomorrow, that's probably a good thing. I hope that the storms don't do much damage around here if they get as bad as is feared. It's not certain that they will, but it's possible. Might give me something to talk about with my new friends at any rate.

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Today, I haven't been up to much yet, since I only got up about an hour ago. Good news is that there's no storms here yet. Bad news, that'll likely change overnight. Anyone here who lives from Northern IL and surrounding areas eastward still need to be on the look out for bad weather.

I do hope that it's not gonna be that bad, since I do have work tomorrow, but at least it'll give me something to talk about tomorrow if/when I get there. I hope to talk to my boss Renee and my co-worker Andrea tomorrow as well as Tracy again--Renee and Andrea because I have some suggestions on how to improve things in the office (minor stuff), and Tracy and her friend Evelyn because, well, this storm stuff will probably give me something to talk about.

As for me, I don't have very many plans, mostly trying to get a few things done before the storms come tonight. Right now, I'm gonna send a message to a friend about a couple of things and say hi to her.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I'm off to do my first ever book signing today, and I be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I really hope I sell some copies. It'll take me 40 minutes to drive there, too. I hate long drives. Oh well. I hope it goes well!