American Idol

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: American Idol

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Don't worry, guys. The bikini girl shan't last long. I didn't really think her voice was too great. If she looked geeky, or possibly if she even had any clothes she probably would not have gotten through. Yeah, the barracuda girl was good too.
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Regardless of whether the bikini girl sang good or not, she doesn't deserve to be in the next round 1-because of what she wore to an AUDITION, and 2-because she dissed one of the judges. Ok, you can do it out in the hall, but come on! this is one of the people who decide your fate! don't say anything bad to her!

Speaking of the new judge....I kind of miss the old days when it was only 3 judges. Kara is going to take some getting used to. :?
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Man I am so glad that other people didn't like the bikini girl! And I agree, had she been wearing clothes, she wouldn't have gotten through!

I kinda like Kara as a judge! I think she really balances it all out. I would prefer to only have three judges though. Maybe they will fire Paula and keep Kara.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

I kinda like Kara too. Paula seems like she is a bit unstable. Maybe she will be leaving. And good points about the bikini girl...she definitely definitely would not have gotten through after fighting with a judge if she hadn't been wearing a bikini. And when she tried to make out with Ryan? Ewww...get some self respect, girl! You can be successful and keep your clothes on too!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Eternally Dazzled
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Eternally Dazzled »

urcoolcarrie wrote:Regardless of whether the bikini girl sang good or not, she doesn't deserve to be in the next round 1-because of what she wore to an AUDITION, and 2-because she dissed one of the judges. Ok, you can do it out in the hall, but come on! this is one of the people who decide your fate! don't say anything bad to her!

Speaking of the new judge....I kind of miss the old days when it was only 3 judges. Kara is going to take some getting used to. :?
Oh gosh... I completely agree. Kara just kind of throws it off balance. And we all know that the judges let through a lot of people who shouldn't be let through, but most of them are eliminated in Hollywood Week (now Hollywood Two-Weeks). Some of them stay, like Sanjaya for instance... :roll:
As for last night, I loved the 19 year-old who lives with her grandmother and the woman who went last... they were so great!
I can't wait 'till Hollywood Week, when we get to the really good stuff!
<3, Gabi

Team Edward: the one and only knight in shining volvo. <3
Bulldozer Operator at EDC, Inc.: Let's break down some houses!
AAPC ~ Head shopper
I'm on The List
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Have you noticed that Paula is... covering up a bit more since Kara came on the show? Is it just a coinky-dink?
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Eternally Dazzled wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:Regardless of whether the bikini girl sang good or not, she doesn't deserve to be in the next round 1-because of what she wore to an AUDITION, and 2-because she dissed one of the judges. Ok, you can do it out in the hall, but come on! this is one of the people who decide your fate! don't say anything bad to her!

Oh gosh... I completely agree. Kara just kind of throws it off balance. And we all know that the judges let through a lot of people who shouldn't be let through, but most of them are eliminated in Hollywood Week (now Hollywood Two-Weeks). Some of them stay, like Sanjaya for instance... :roll:
As for last night, I loved the 19 year-old who lives with her grandmother and the woman who went last... they were so great!
I can't wait 'till Hollywood Week, when we get to the really good stuff!
Ok, this may totally not be true, but, my one friend said that she heard or read or something that they got Kara because Paula was to unreliable. Like Paula was always sick or whatever and would never show up, remeber that especially in last years auditons.
Yeah but "bikini girl" Ugh. Good for the ratings maybe, not for a family show.
I really liked the one girl who sang Put Your Record On who sang for the seniors :D
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I'm so glad that so many more teens decided to audition. I'm so rooting for Michael Castro! He sang, "I'm in love with a girl" and I think I melted. :oops: As for the new judge, she kind of reminds me of Paula but she does have more of a backbone. (Sorry, Paula)
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

I don't think the bikini girl was any good. It was just because of what she was wearing.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Yay! They went to Utah!! I was so excited on Wednesday night. :) The senior class president guy goes to my school!! Its so exciting!! He did pretty good. He is a very happy kid.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin