True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Landiana »

you know you all are so lucky thatyou have the second series and the first on DVD. i have jjust watched the 4th episode of the 1st series!!!

Does lafayette not die at the start of the second series then????
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by bluemaria »

No, he lives :D
Landiana
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

oh okay, so the second series isn't really like the second book then??? does it have the meanad????
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Landiana wrote:oh okay, so the second series isn't really like the second book then??? does it have the meanad????
Yes it does have the maenad, however, on the show it is conveyed a little differently that how it is in the books. Yeah, so many things are different from the books this current season..some I like, and some I greatly dislike.
bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

If you have not read the book don't read this!!!!!

It looks like we are going to get our bullet sucking this week!! :D Oh I cannot wait for some Eric and Sookie time!
Landiana

Post by Landiana »

SPOILER IF YOU HAVENT READ THE BOOKS

i love the bullet sucking bit in the book!! its so funny, specially when you get to later books and find out she didn't even need to!!!
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

The Preview for the next episode. Episode 9 was a sure cliff hanger. Does it look obvious that Eric wants Sookie?
"The bond between a vampire and his maker is stronger than you can imagine. Perhaps one day you'll find out."
roseaurora

Post by roseaurora »

Howdy! I'm Rachel, usually hanging at the Gen Y thread when I'm on the Lex, but I really wanted to join in on this thread because I LOVE this show!

I read all the books in July (and am in the process of rereading them before school starts back up) and loved them!

I like most of the changes that they have made in the TV show- to me its like watching a well done fanfiction that is mostly true to the original characters, if that makes any sense. Some of the changes make more sense to me than the books did- like Maryanne. The whole maenad storyline in the books seems confused (I'm thinking there may be a short story that explains it more, maybe?) and I like that they are flushing it out more. I also LOVE Tara in the show and I like Jason way more on the show than in the books too.

I can't wait for the next episode and the next book! I love finding new series to read, but hate it when I get caught up! Same with TV shows. I didn't see last season on TV but watched them on DVD, way better than waiting the week for the next episode! Haha!
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

Hi Rachel :) I can't wait for this week's episode either :D I watched the first season in about three days so I agree I liked not having to wait a week every time :) That is the nice thing about catching something late. I can't imagine how the people who have been reading the books since 2000 feel each time a new book comes out :o .
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

What can I say, That episode of a mixed up jumble of events from the book.
the Godric thing was so screwy. And Eric crying over him.. Please. Now Sookies Dream? thats Eric!
And the bullets? Yeah it was in the book, but last night there was an explosiion from a suicide bomber, not bullets, so where did he get the bullets from? :roll:
I am just different I guess, but I am so bloody sick of the Maryann show I could scream. The show is now centered around her.
She did not make up the books, Had hardly anything in it about her.
The last few episodes are going to be strange. I feel compelled to read the books again, to make me feel better.
Poor Jessica, Meeting Hoyts wacked mom. And Bravo for Lafayette, he kicked some Why are we talking about a donkey?, And got Tara away from wack job.
Gee anyone wonder what Sookie will do when she comes home to that crazy in her house?
I am so dissapointed in the show. :? :(
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper