Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Disney Movies

Post by debussygirl »

I've been to Disneyland. Multiple times. And everyone is going this year, because it's the get in free on your b-day thing going on. If you ever go, make sure that you get Fast Passes--it'll save you hours, no joke.
The first disney movie I remember going to see was Pocahontas. And I was so proud because I was old enough to go. My little bro had to be babysat though, lol.
I didn't like Bambi either. Or Fantasia. Other than that, I liked most of them, at least the ones that we had.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

I never like Bambi either, it was such a downer and I cried everytime I saw it....We were so lucky to go, because for the year 2009, Disney is offering free 5 day park-hopper passes for military members, and 99 dollars for each of their dependents. Since my husband and I are both in the air force we each got a 5 day park hopper pass for free, and my aunt gave us a week stay her time-share in orlando as a wedding present. Universal Studios also is giving away a 2-day park hopper pass to military members, and Sea-world is giving away one day passes to their parks, so we were very blessed, because we were able to take an AWESOME honey moon, that other wise we wouldn't have been able to afford to do anything. I've never been to disney-land, but I'd love to go! :)

PS-has anyone seen Lion King on broadway? They have little 30 minute versions of the little mermaid, beauty and the beast, and the lion king at te different disney parks, and the lion king 30-minute show was AMAZING, I've always wanted to see it on broadway, and I'd like to hear some reviews!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

I can't add on to anything about the parks outside of the fact that maybe I'll there some day. Yeah, right. DX

Bambi made me cry too much and I just didn't like it. I haven't watched it in years. My aunt made me watch Fantasia when I was younger, but the only part I cared for was Mickey as a magician. And, yeah, other than that I like most of the animated Disney movies. Oh, wait, no, I don't care for Dumbo. Sorry, it just wasn't that exciting for me.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

Sorry, I don't mean to brag but, I'm so excited. I'm going to Disney World in December!! I believe this is going to be our 5th time there. I'm hoping the 5th time is the best, we're planning on doing some really fun-sounding new things like Cirque du Soliel (sp?) and the Pirates League (arrgh!).
Plus, we're going in December so, all the decorations will be up and the lights and stuff. And we're staying in the hotel I've wanted to stay at for a long time. Okay, story time, 4 years ago, the last time we went to WDW, we were planning on staying at Pop Century, I was so excited, it looked so cool, but then our travel agent called and said we'd get X-amount of money if we switched hotels and stayed at one of the All-Stars, so we did. Needless to say, I was disappointed, so now, I'm finally getting to see it.
Also, I have vowed that I am going to try new things so I'm going to ride Rock-n-Roller Coaster (wish me luck), Expedition Everest, and Mission: Space (the original version). Though, I may chicken out on that last one when I get there.

Oh, yeah, back to movies, I didn't like Bambi, it moved too slow to hold a 5 year olds' attention. I really liked Fantasia for some reason, especially Fantasia: 2001. Maybe it's because my great-grandma really liked it so that was the only Disney movie she owned. With a limited selection, you learn to like what you have.

Ali 8-)
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

I've only been to Euro Disney. I'd love to go to the one's in America though too! (Yes, I am 16 on Saturday, but everyone loves Mickey right?!)
My favourite disney film has to be the Lion King! It's just so good! Snow White and Sleeping Beauty are good too though. It's the art work that interest me as well.
Before all these computers they were just flickbooks! It's amazing. I wish they'd make another film the way they used to. I mean, I enjoy pixar films a lot but there's nothing that beats the original drawings.
Does anyone else agree?

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

^^Heck yes!
I know someone who's grandfather was one of the original Old Men (it's the nine men who drew for disney back in the day). But I guess he didn't know him very well. Still, cool to be related to that!
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I've been to the Disney in Florida. (I can't remember if it's Disney World or Disney Land.)
It's amazing!
I've only been there once, and we stayed in a hotel that was all music. It had a guitar shaped pool!
I absolutely love Disney, it makes you feel...magical.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

The drawings have more talent behind them, more work. Anyone can make something computer generated but it takes real talent and practice to do intense and perfect animation like the old Disney movies. I have respect for the movies for that reason. What kills me is how lazy everyone is getting both movie and TV show wise: all you see anymore are CG stuff and hardly any drawn shows. Back when I was younger, CG shows were a rare sight, now they're all you ever see. So to me, sometimes CG animation = laziness.

I could always distinguish the parks from their location: World is Florida and Land is California. I wouldn't mind going to Land but I would prefer World. Going to both would be nice.

They are making another animated movie, Wolf-Girl90. It's The Princess and the Frog. That why I'm going to see it, because it's hand drawn. XD
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I know, I think it's so stupid how Winnie the Pooh and Mickey are CGI now. They don't look like Pooh and Mickey anymore! :(
Oooh, but at California Adventure they have a tortilla factory and you get to a free tortilla, and it's all warm and gooood. They also have a sourdough factory, but the bread you get is always cold and the presentation is so long and boring it's not worth it.
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

I know some of you guys are excited to see The Princess and the Frog. I thought you might be interested in this: http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/200 ... tiana.html
Enjoy!

Ali 8-)
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist