Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Disney Movies

Post by alellie »

But these small hours. These small hours still remain.

I love that song! Walt Disney's quote in the end:

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting.”

^_^
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Nerd wrote:Aha. I cry everytime I watch it. I think in part, I was really touched by the whole 'Keep moving forward' theme. I'm at a point in my life where I feel like everything keeps going wrong, so I was TOTALLY projecting my own feelings onto the plot. It was pretty intense for a Disney movie.

Ugh. And you should go waaaaatch it if you haven't. It's amazing. "They think I'm crazy. YOU THINK I'M CRAZY, TOO!" "No... I don't. I think... I think you're right." *gets all grinny* And now whenever I hear Rob Thomas' "Little Wonders" song, I get all teary, too. DARN THAT MOVIE!

Oooh! Wall-E was great, too!
I always cry too! I feel like such a dork, but the end when it shows Lewis's life after he is adopted, and with the song, I just tear up! Im not sure why... I think it is probably the cutest Disney Movie since the originals...

I like Wall-E too. My dad thought it was hilarious when they showed how the people's bones were turning to cartilage and they only had little tiny bits of bone...
List, Gnat ♥
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

what is Meet the Robinson's about?
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

My poor Disney VHS-s are probably ruined up in the crawlspace in my garage. We put them up there when we moved because we had no where else to put them but the minute my aunt said they could get ruined up there I wanted them down immediately! My mom tried to get them but we didn't know what box they were in and my dad insisted that nothing would happen to them up there. If only I knew in the first place; I would have let that happen.

I have a lot of favorite classics: The Fox and the Hound, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, and so on. The worst part is I don't own half of them. I never figured until now that I would want to own them so badly.

Personally, I love Pixar and I don't really seem as Disney. They're their own company and Disney's just there for backup. My all time favorite movie is Wall-E. I watched it about four times after my dad bought it on DVD. Usually, my brother is the one who does that, but now it's me!

Disney does need to go back to animation. But something tells me that doing animated movies won't help them improve. They're too focused on money than storyline and such. I believe Disney has become down greedy.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

KStew and RPatz wrote:what is Meet the Robinson's about?
An orphan named Lewis, who is basically a genius, meets this boy Wilbur, who comes from the future in a time machine, because the villain of the movie (Bowler Hat Guy) stole the other time machine, and Wilbur needs Lewis's help. It is just a really really good movie, and I suggest seeing it sometime.
List, Gnat ♥
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I don't know what got my friend and I on this, but the other day, we started talking about zazu on the lion king, and started laughing because of the birdy boiler part. :lol: I seriously think that is the most funny thing i have ever heard!!
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

Wall-E!
CAmp Rock

I cant wait for HAnnah montana movie
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ I have a Camp Rock tote bag with a big pic of Joe/Shane on it!!! I can definately wait for the Hannah Montana movie... I am not a fan.

I was just watching Mulan. I love that movie. I like how Ling has a squeaky voice, but he tries to act all tough. And Mushu! I love him! He is so funny
List, Gnat ♥
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mulan the last good animated movie Disney made? All the other animated movies by them now (and that's very few) are crappy sequels to the old classics that were completely unneccary. Seriously, Fox and the Hound 2? The first one is a childhood movie that's close and dear to my heart, and to see Disney make some slop as a sequel to it fills me with resentment. Too bad they can't go to jail for that type of work.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

^ Tell me about it. :roll: When they bring Walt Disney back from his Cryrogenic freezation, he isn't going to be very happy.

edit: Oops, I feel stupid. I checked snopes, and it said the Cryrogenic freeze rumor was false. Darn. That would be pretty cool, though!
List, Gnat ♥