The Musical Wicked

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Re: The Muscial Wicked

Post by Lizzie »

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Wicked, really...
I got the CD two years ago and then went to see it in London in April 2007 (with Kerry Ellis [goddess!!!] and Helen Dallimore). Since then I've seen it twice in Germany - the first time it was kind of weird, because I was so used to the English lyrics. Still, we've got an incredible cast in Germany - Willemijn Verkaik as Elphaba and Lucy Scherer as Glinda. You should check them out on Youtube, they're brilliant :)
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Kerry Ellis is AMAZING!!!!

Oh my God, Sebastian Arceles was my FAVORITE Fiyero. Teehee...he was just amazing.

I, despite half of the Wicked fans out there, disovered the show NOT because of Popular, but because of the Heartwrenching "I'm not that girl" that I had to sing. Ever since then I have loved it.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

oooh yay theres a thread about this!!

i went to see wicked exactly a week ago in london, it was my first musical EVER, and it was amaaaaziing!!!

it sounded better than the broadway recordings, and Alexia Khadime was great. i did have to get sed to her voice cause i was expecting something completely different, but in the end she (and Fiyero ..sp?) was the best part about it.

ah well. definitely the hightlight of my holidays/year, togerther with buying my first hanson cd:)
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Aw London?? LUCKY

IMO, Nothing can live up to seeing a show live.

Like you said, the real actors sound way better than just listening to the recording.

I get chills.
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
Alanna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alanna »

I loved Wicked! It was one of the musicals that REALLY pulled me into the world of Broadway. I saw it 1.5 times (got super sick once) last Fall.

I thought I was just going to get to see the tour cast which I hadn't really heard of, but Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty joined for the NW shows because they are from here! They were my favourite duo, I was so excited to see them together live!
Daydreamer89
Settled in Forks

Post by Daydreamer89 »

I LOVE WICKED!!! I've seen it three times on tour and it was as wonderful as the first time I saw it. I would really love to be able to go to New York and actually see it on Broadway. That would be amazing. It would also be awesome to see it in London. It would be fun to tell people I'd seen Wicked in London. My favorite character by far is Elphaba. :mrgreen: She's just such a good person despite the image that everyone else paints of her.
Zafrina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zafrina »

I'm a bit of a Wicked freak.
I've seen it 16 times in London with Idina Menzel, Kerry Ellis, Alexia Khadime, Cassidy Janson & Shona White.
I'd love to see Shoshana Bean & Carmen Cusack though.
Avatar by Dani - Signature by Me
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

Zafrina wrote:I'm a bit of a Wicked freak.
I've seen it 16 times in London with Idina Menzel, Kerry Ellis, Alexia Khadime, Cassidy Janson & Shona White.
I'd love to see Shoshana Bean & Carmen Cusack though.
ooh thats so cool! whos your favourite? ive only seen alexia khadime and thought she was amazing..
Zafrina
Settled in Forks

Post by Zafrina »

aurelia92 wrote: ooh thats so cool! whos your favourite? ive only seen alexia khadime and thought she was amazing..
Kerry is really great but Idina was amazing too. I do like Alexia though. She's definitely one of my favourites. I love her voice. When Kerry comes back to London i recommend you try and see her, she's incredible :D
Avatar by Dani - Signature by Me
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

So, I haven't seen it on stage yet BUT I know all the music and I've watched so many youtube videos of performance pieces that I should seriously be banned. I'm going to see it this next year when it comes to my part of the country...SO EXCITED!!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B