Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Carrisa »

No way! They still Avatar on your Nick?! Wait, do you have the Nick toons channel or the plain Nick? I only have the plain Nick which is always SpongeBob or iCarly. I'd have to pay for the actual Nick toons channel which has Avatar and all the other cartoons I wish I could watch. Stupid company and their clever plans of making money....

Yes, the trailer was awesome, but it makes me wonder since they showed Aang in the temple.... Are they not going to do the scene of him frozen in ice? Because that had a big factor on the plot in the series.... But maybe I'm taking the trailer much too seriously. We have a whole year left to find out what's what. Wow, that seems so far away but it will probably be here in no time at all.

I hope the scar on Dev Patel's face is more prominent in the movie cause it's kind of hard to tell in the pics. I loved Sokka! Can't wait to see how his character turns out and Iroh too.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED THAT TRAILER!!!!!!!
One of my non-obsessed guy friends saw it before I did, and that's a mortal sin! AHHHHHHH!
*runs off to YouTube*
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I thought it would be horrible but I just recently saw the trailer and I think it'll be amazing.

Isn't Jackson Rathebone gonna be in it?

It's okay dandyvampgirl_13 I'll get the holy water. Lol that happened to me once with my best friend and I cried for hours and I was in a fetal possition for a few days.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

well it's just the regular Nick... (and i'm in asia.. :) )
The Last Airbender Teaser Trailer

and yeah Jackson's gonna be Sokka... (main reason his hair is like that -see my banner- )
yeah i wish that Zuko's scar will be prominent since Dev's skin is much darker.. (on the cartoons his pale.. )
and yeah it hit me.. Dev is dark-skinned but he plays a light skinned character.. and Jackson is pale skinned and plays a dark skinned character.. :lol:

i know it has nothing to do with colors.. both of them are great actor.. i know they can pull it off.. and one year is such a LOOONG WAIT! ugh.. but oh well..

and I LOVE THESE STUFFED TOYS!Appa and Momo!!!

and the Set.. awesome!!
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

UGH!!! Lucky! Here in the U.S. I have to pay to watch Avatar!! That or buy the DVDs and I don't have the money for that! Stupid networks.

Huh, now that you point it out, that is funny. But I always thought how it was funny that Katara and Sokka live with the Water Tribe where it's super cold but have dark skin and how Zuko and Aang come from areas that relatively have enough sunlight and are so pale! :lol:

Aw! I want that Momo! I have a plastic Momo that came with my Aang action figure but I always wanted a stuffed one!

Wow, the set is completely convincing! It looks like something you would see right from the show! That's boosted my confidence. :lol:
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by sachael »

yeah that momo stuffed toy.. me likey... :) i wish i could find one here... :|
the skin colors of the tribes confused me at first too.. but i just think that made the show unique.. :D

and yes.. the set.. it's awesome... i know it will be great.. and the temple on the trailer looks pretty much as the one in the cartoons.. i love it... i'm not worried that much.. but my expectations is growing... i hope M night won't disappoint us.. :D

and i think we're luckier getting airbender re-runs.. :D
ImageImage
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I was wondering why his hair was like that. I love his hair. Thanks
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
emilycullenx
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

I kind of love that arrow on his head... :D
And that big thing he rides on!
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers.
"
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by sachael »

emily: yeah, though the arrow is weird.. but i love it too! i love everything about that show... teehee... (and i'm not in the cartoon watching age... ) and the big thing is Appa... :)

twi-nerd: yeah! i'm so in love with his hair too! the first time i heard the news that jackson will play sokka! i was like.. my fave character and the love of my life.. (hehehe) on the same sentence? why not? Sokka's sarcasm, love for meat (or food in general), clumsiness, his charm on girls, sword skills, 'leadership' and all that... *sigh* (though i kinda like him playing Zuko... with the scar and the mysterious character.. and the fire bending!!whooo!! okay.. i'm daydreaming.. hehe)

Oh by the way.. since you've seen the Trailer.. what can you say about it?
ImageImage
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

In response to that last question: Oh dear Neptune, that was awesome. I'm excited! The airbending looks totally real, as do all the Fire Nation ships and stuff. For a little teeny trailer that show almost nothing, it was an excellent glimpse of the movie. And Aang's arrow tatoo looks fairly real, and close to what it should be. I pray that Zuko's scar will look just as good, if not better.
I think the skin thing it kind of an issue, too, for the movie. David is too dark skinned to play Zuko as he was in the cartoon, so will they lighten him just a little for the movie?