Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by urcoolcarrie »

robert is the absolute PERFECT edward!!! seriously, i love the hair, the crooked smile, and the sharpness of the lines on his face. i never had an clear picture of edwards face when i was reading the book. (i know, shocking.) i never exactlly have an exact face for anyone in books, actually. i always just kind of do, like, a rough outline of them. i had edwards body all figured out, and his hair, and the smile, just never the eyes. i think that that is the reason i took to robert so quickly. once he was cast, i was with him.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
AshCullen18
Settled in Forks

RobERT Pattinson <3

Post by AshCullen18 »

When I first heard that Robert pattison was playing the part for edward, Honestly I was unsure. That was untill I saw him in one of the trailers [ When he shows his crooked smile ] he had me after that. I became so excited because he truly did fit that part! I hope the movie is as good as the books, I highly doubt it though ;)
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Violi-- Oh, thanks babe! Lol, trust me. Whenever I start talking about Rob it will go on forever. Lol. Either someone has to literally stop me from talking about him or I'll just ramble on and on. Hehe. Just ask my dear friend Esli (she's heartscreams) over there. She knows just how addicted & obsessed I am with this Greek god. Lol. And yeah, he doesn't wanna be responsible for killing a million girls, even though right now I can honestly tell you that he is SO CLOSE to literally killing us with those clips and trailers of the movie. Come Nov21, I may not be alive, or well on my way to the paramedics. Lol. When I get to the movie theatre, I probably wont be able to hold back from licking the screen when Rob comes up. Hehehe. And yes, I mean it. He's so..... GAHD! Words fail me at a time like this. Lol.

Esli-- Why thank you babe! Malaz made the avie & banner. She's so great at this stuff. I saw her using this yesterday and I almost passed out on the floor. It's so beautiful. I may never wanna take it off. Lol. And mhm! This guy is so talented, I swear. I don't know how he does it, but he's sure doing a heck of a job being Edward! Oh goodness, just admit it already! Rawrrrr.

Oh, my epiphany! Hahah, I almost forgot about it. Okay, so remember when the movie was changed to Nov21st now? Well, at first I got SOOO MAD because I wasn't gonna be able to catch the midnight release because we have some family gathering to take care of, and it's gonna be in LA. Then I realized that since we're gonna be in LA that time, if they ever make a Twilight Premiere in LA, then omg I am sooooo gonna be there! Which could only mean one thing:: I WILL GET TO SEE ROB IN THE FLESH! I almost died with that thought. Jeeeez. I wish they really do have a premiere in LA! If they do... I swear to you I will do whatever it takes to either A) touch him, or B) smell him. Hahahah! Insane, but, sadly, its true.

Oh wow. Okay, I'm soooo gonna be late for class. I have to go now guys! Hahaha, dang it, Rob always has to get me all worked up just talking about him!

We'll continue this talk later. Lol.
Seee you at the RPATZ=love thread Esli!
And yes, I'll answer your question when I get home.
Right now, there's too many people around me. Might not be a good idea of me dying on the floor just because I'm talking to you guys about the love of my life. HAHAHA<3
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
HisSpiderMonkey
Settled in Forks

Post by HisSpiderMonkey »

I really dont think they could have found anyone more perfect to play Edward. He's so close to what I imagined while reading the book.
I started googling him to see what else he is in (besides Potter, he looks like a little boy there) and I'm totally interested to see him in Little Ashes playing Salvador - big jump for him.

He seems like a very cool guy in real life. Very chill. I like that.

He totally nailed Edward down to the T. Which is funny because he looks totally opposite the Edward character in real life.... his hair looks Don King half the time and he has stains on his shirt, lol.... but still so damn fine!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

HisSpiderMonkey wrote:I really dont think they could have found anyone more perfect to play Edward. He's so close to what I imagined while reading the book.
I started googling him to see what else he is in (besides Potter, he looks like a little boy there) and I'm totally interested to see him in Little Ashes playing Salvador - big jump for him.

He seems like a very cool guy in real life. Very chill. I like that.

He totally nailed Edward down to the T. Which is funny because he looks totally opposite the Edward character in real life.... his hair looks Don King half the time and he has stains on his shirt, lol.... but still so damn fine!

Yeah..IRL, Rob looks kind of grimey most of the time but I think that could be because he doesn't really want to be recognized..because I know if I saw him on the street, I most likely would not recognize him. In movies, he is more polished so its easy to say, "Wow he is hot!!!" But when he is all grungy you're like, "When was the last time you had a shower?"

Grungy or not, I still love him because he does seem like completely down to earth and very genuine. I just hope that the sudden fame-dom here in the U.S. because of Twilight doesn't go to his head too much..
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I'm sure that this has been said LOADS of times but I'm going to say it anyway, even if only to appease myself. When I first heard that Robert Pattinson (Rpattz, Spunk Ransom, insanely hot...etc.) was going to play Edward and after I saw some of the cast pictures, I was skeptical. But once the teaser trailers were released and I saw the crooked smile before he and Bella fly out the window, I was sold. The more I watch clips of scenes and the more I analyze the trailers (yes, I do watch them and analyze them... :? ) the more I feel like he is becoming the perfect Edward. I think everyone felt a bit skeptical at first, just because everyone had their own image of the perfect Edward in their minds and it is almost always difficult to adjust from your own mental image to the real-life actor/actress playing the role. Just like in Harry Potter, I saw Hagrid differently in my mind than he ended up on screen but now, when I re-read the books, he comes up as the only image, not because I surrendered my first mental picture of him, but because once I saw that portrayal of him, it just seemed incredibly right! and that is how Rpattz has morphed for me...at first I was sketchy, and now there's no one else that I can see doing as well as he could. His facial expressions sell it. Perfecto.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Post by happy_alice »

I honestly didn't like him at first, but when I saw him in the first pictures, I totally fell in love with him!

GO ROB! YOU ROCK!
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Oh Heaven help me! Rob is so hottttt! I saw the trailer before I had even heard of the books. The trailer made me read the books, honestly. So, I only see Rob in my head when I'm reading. I fell in love with him in HP, and although he didn't have too much screen time, I loved to hear him speak. I think he will be the perfect Edward. The clips are so tantalizing! I can't wait to watch an ENTIRE film of him!!
K_Lawson
Settled in Forks

Post by K_Lawson »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
Same here!!! :D Actually, seeing Robert in a preview for the movie made me start reading the books. So, thank you Robert Pattinson!!!
Thats crazy =P My teacher showed us the preview and I was like hes pretty hot I should read the book! I'm about to read the third and I love the books.

I've recently been Dazzleious(thats my way of spelling it.) by the amazing Spunk Ransom
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

xoxocamille wrote:Gasssssssssp!
^Zomg, I just died at your banner.
I love it. Seriously.
The color, and Rob...... it blends in so well in my opinion.
Nice job.

Anyways, uhm....
Thanks for everyone who agreed with me to my long post couple of days ago!
Yes, Rob is my walking Edward, and I can't even picture anyone else who could take the role of the ever wonderful Edward Cullen. He is it. No one is gonna change my mind anymore. Gaspard, Drake (ew!), Zac (more ew!)..... everyone else... no. Nope. Nan. Never. Rob will always be Edward Cullen for me. I would be devastated if he didn't play EC in the next Twilight movies. It just wouldn't be right. But then again, Catherine's not that crazy to change him.

I kinda wish that Rob just kept his Edward look, how he was clean shaven & everything... the hair, the crooked smile (*dies*), the eyes.... everything. I love him.

I find it totally amazing how Rob is able to portray so much emotions in one moment. Like that one picture... (omg, I have to go find it) he was just--oooooh. You could see the pain in his eyes. Omg, the eyes..... *dies*

Wow, I didn't explain anything on that paragraph at all. I can't focus on explaining when Rob is taking over my thoughts right now... lol.
Pardon me for that.

XD bahaha the funny thing is i couldn't have said it any better myself- everything. Rob is....*sigh* man, i need a Robert Pattinson hehe
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...