Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Yeah he looked (I'm sorry but)...BAD in the EW shot. But it's okay. Since we know he's hot in real life.

Check out this article I got from Google Alerts today. It might clear up any New Moon questions (or just start some more):

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_ma ... llies.html

Ooh, 100 pages. We'll need a new thread soon.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

twilight1909 wrote:I've said a little bit of this on a different thread, but... O.M.E.

I have to admit that I am guilty of the so-called Rob Effect. I was very disappointed when I first saw/heard that Robert Pattinson would play Edward. I vaguely remembered him from Harry Potter, so I Googled him. When I saw pictures of his bushy eyebrows, thick stubble, and unkempt hair I thought "UGH! He SO does not look like my Edward!" I didn't think Rob was attractive enough for about a month, but I ended up eating my own words when I saw the final Twilight trailer. What a transformation! I mean I was speechless! It ends up that he is how I pictured him. Rob is gorgeous and perfect for the part. He really captures the essence of Edward. The intense stares, the voice, the conflict of pain, love, desire... and what can I say, Rob cleans up very well. Call me superficial, but I do wish he would have gotten abs or that they would have at least shaved his hairy stomach! (Referring to a picture from what looks like the meadow scene.) Edward's body is supposed to be made of muscular planes and smooth marble... ;) In all fairness Rob did try...he just lost too much weight and SM told him to stop working out. I can't be so picky though. Edward has an impossible criteria to meet. The acting and chemistry is most vital, and from what I can see both are very present!

Seriously I've watched just about every Twilight trailer, commercial, interview, and sneak peak there is. I fall more and more in love with Rob every time. I can only imagine what his performance will do to my Edward obsession! Oh God, that might be dangerous. :lol: I could look at the movie stills for hours. I already know I will see it a million times. I Can't Wait!! Only 11 more days!!!!!!
I completely agree! I was hesitant when I first learned Rob was playing Edward, but I couldn't think of anyone better suited to play Edward, so I stopped fretting about it. As time went on I fell more and more in love with Rob. I think he is an amazing Edward now. He really does capture the range of emotions that Edward constantly goes through.

I agree about the hairy thing. When he and Kristen posed for the cover of Entertainment magazine and his hairy chest was all exposed, I though ugh, that is so not Edward! I like my men scruffy and somewhat hairy (not like a lot of hair though), so I normally wouldn't mind, but it just seemed so opposite from Edward. Oh well, I can live with a little bit of hair! :D I'm pretty sure Rob will exacerbate my Edward obsession as well. :D I can only hope! :lol: I am so extremely excited for the film too! ONLY 10 DAYS NOW! *tick, tock, tick, tock*
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:Yeah he looked (I'm sorry but)...BAD in the EW shot. But it's okay. Since we know he's hot in real life.

Check out this article I got from Google Alerts today. It might clear up any New Moon questions (or just start some more):

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_ma ... llies.html

Ooh, 100 pages. We'll need a new thread soon.
Thank you for posting that. I've been telling people a billion times a day that the film studio would not plan a second film until finding out if the first film bombed. That happened with the Eragon Saga. They made a movie of the first book; it was a flop, so they didn't make any more. I am hoping, praying, begging, and keeping-my-fingers-crossed that that doesn't happen to our beloved Twilight Saga! :D
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

^Actually, Eragon wasn't a flop. It was like...the 13th highest grossing film of the year it was released. I believe the problem with that movie was that it was so BAD (as in fans hated it, critics slammed it, blah blah blah) that they decided not to make anymore. I haven't seen Eragon. I really hated the books. But I'm guessing that they'll do a better job with Twilight.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

this interview is so funny.

he talks about the marrriage proposals to kristen and to some other girls..

http://www.accesshollywood.com/meet-the ... deo_823001
gokrazy323
Settled in Forks

Post by gokrazy323 »

ana; wrote:this interview is so funny.

he talks about the marrriage proposals to kristen and to some other girls..

http://www.accesshollywood.com/meet-the ... deo_823001

hahaha i just saw that and it was hilarious! i want to find out his cell phone number now...
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

its 745 896 1829
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

btw im only humoring you. im a moron... ignore me. completely.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
gokrazy323
Settled in Forks

Post by gokrazy323 »

jlbower79 wrote:btw im only humoring you. im a moron... ignore me. completely.

hahaha ohh boyy i wish that was his number!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Right. Time for a new thread then.

Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #2
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”