Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by mlola619 »

Violi wrote:i never had a problem with Rob being cast as Edward, i mean look at him he is just gorgeous, moving on
from what i have seen i think he not only looks the part he just IS Edward, i know that every one had a different Edward in their head and Rob is my ideal Edward, but i did have a point with this, it would be impossible to cast anyone as Edward perfectly simply because of how he is described no-one is really that perfect, the only way to get a perfect Edward would have been to find out what we all wanted in him and then doing all the vampires CGI which although i dont mind CGI films- i dont think i would have liked Twilight to be CGI lol.
i think my ramble is over now, but i do think he will do a brilliant job in the film and i cant wait to die in the cinema because of it :D
Amen.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

im suprised someone understood my ramble- i tend to go away from my actual point, i get back to it eventually but it takes a while lol.
unless it was to the dying in the cinema part lol
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

When I look at pictures of Rob in his Edward look... I don't see Rob Pattinson... I only see Edward Cullen. I think he is 100 percent perfect for the role and is who I pictured while reading all the books. He does that crooked smile perfect and his voice and line delivery have been great in the trailers, Comic Con, & Penelope footage. The chemistry between him and Kristen seems to be out of this world in interviews. According to the director the screen test was electric and the chemistry between the actors was cited by both Rob and Kristen as a reason they wanted to do it. Plus, it seems like Rob really gets the character of Edward and when he got to read part of Midnight Sun, it fell in line with what he was already doing. I can't wait to see him in the movie and hopefully the other sequels.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Violi wrote:im suprised someone understood my ramble- i tend to go away from my actual point, i get back to it eventually but it takes a while lol.
unless it was to the dying in the cinema part lol

no, no don't worry i understood it completely- i agreed with the whole thing. ESPECIALLY the 'dying in the cinema' part, haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

i know its not exactly a funny thing because well its just not but imagine actually seeing it written down
Cause of death: loss of breath due to Robert Pattinson.
i already hyperventilate now with just the sneek peaks and trailers so a full film... will be interesting
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

Violi wrote:i know its not exactly a funny thing because well its just not but imagine actually seeing it written down
Cause of death: loss of breath due to Robert Pattinson.
i already hyperventilate now with just the sneek peaks and trailers so a full film... will be interesting
I'm exactly the same way! They might want to hand out free brown paper sacks to everyone at the movie theaters or have medical care standing by.
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

quite possibly, i think i may take one with me just incase lol.
Kate24
Settled in Forks

Post by Kate24 »

I can't wait to see him as Edward. It's probably one of the things I want to see the most about the movie is how he pulls it off.

I think he's perfect for the role I love him. He has like a strange hottnest about him which I think suits Edward because Edward is like no other guy =]
"No one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you"
"You're almost right" ... "I know of just one exception"

Me. =] I love Edward!
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

I'm really looking forward to hearing his version of the lullaby that he did on the spot during filming and apparently another song he wrote for it.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

When I found out Robert was cast as Edward.
I almost had heart failure.

I obviously knew him from HP andI liked him in that, and I'd seen him in The Bad Mother's Handbook and I LOVED him in that

Then I went and saw his little scene in Vanity Fair. He's marvelous.

I think he's going to be so perfect for Edward. From the clips I've seen and the articles I've read he's just going to be mind blowing. I can't wait. Admittedly he wasn't what I had as Edward in my mind's eye. TBH I didn't have anybody pictured. It was impossible for me to put a face to the character.

When Stephenie put the announcement up on her site with a pic of Rob, I instantly saw Edward.
And like Meyer, I never got the whole Gaspard Ulliel thing.