Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Jadey »

Kristen was AMAZING once again.
She truly understands Bella and I'm so thankful to have her playing Bella.

She looks "dead" ~ Bella wasnt that emotive in the first place.

I thought Kris was spot on more this time around. Spot-freakin-on.
There are no words to describe how unbelievable her performance was. The way she was acting in her relationship with Jacob was perfect. I blame the script aka Melissa Slutenburg for their relationship being a little too close for my liking.
When B & J 'broke up'.. the pain in Krisellas face.. if I wasn't in a theatre full of people, I would've burst out crying. The screams during the nightmares - perfect.
She is perfect. Shes my Bella.

For those who ain't happy with her performance - get over the fact that shes not your Bella or the way you see her. Step back and take a look at the awesome performance in front of you.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Perfectly said-Kristen is human and won't satisfy everyone, but she should be respected for trying her best and she's admittedly in love with Bella as a character, inspite of being indifferent towards the books until she was cast. And she does her research on her roles, like in The Cake Eaters, for example.

And so many people who've worked with her wouldn't be prasing her as an actor and as a friend if she wasn't doing something right as an actor.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I was on facebook a while ago & found basically a Team Kristen bumpersticker. I thought it was cool. I loved her performance in NM & it's going to be interesting to see her become the Bella of Eclipse & hopefully BD.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Jadey wrote:For those who ain't happy with her performance - get over the fact that shes not your Bella or the way you see her. Step back and take a look at the awesome performance in front of you.
*gives Jade a round of applause* That comment says it all. She can never satisfy everyone and fulfill the image everyone has in their head of Bella (nor can Rob as Edward, or any other member of the cast). But what they can do and does, is give the best performance they can possibly give. And that makes Kristen the perfect Bella for me. Especially in New Moon where she takes it up to a whole new level, and just acts the part exactly as I imagined Bella to be. She pulls of the heartbreaking scenes amazingly (the passing months with that empty look on her face still breaks my heart), and the very emotional scenes that demands so much of her as an actor.
pennybug84 wrote:I was on facebook a while ago & found basically a Team Kristen bumpersticker. I thought it was cool. I loved her performance in NM & it's going to be interesting to see her become the Bella of Eclipse & hopefully BD.
I loved this :) I would put it in my signature if I had room for it. I am definitely Team Kristen. I'm very excited to see her in Eclipse..Even though just thinking about that movie being directed by DS makes me scared...
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

My heart is seriously breaking for this girl. Out of all the girls in Hollywood who just want to be an attention w**** and be in the spotlight, here's Kristen who just wants to act and her life is pretty much striped from her. The Lex posted an MTV Uncut interview with her(below) and when the guy asked her if this year is different she said yeah she can't walk down the street anymore which is the entire point and then goes "UGH I'm going to start crying"

http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2010/01/ ... t-and-mtv/

I feel so badly for her :(
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I think that Kristen meant the crying bit as a tounge in cheek joke(based on the video-she was laughing and smiling when she said it), but I do understand her frustration. She and Rob don't really want the attention, but get it anyways, unlike Ashley Greene who wants to be a major actress and star but she gets pushed into the background.

What Kristen has done the past year in a half is a lot to ask of a 19 year old, and I think that people should be a little more respectful of her, namely people who come up with petty reasons to "hate" her.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Yeah I don't really understand why people don't like her...since they don't even know her. I think she'd pretty fun to go to a concert or something with (minus the stampede it would cause haha)

btw Chernaudi, I love that you're Team Renesmee :)
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I like Kristen because she's willing to go the extra mile for the roles that she feels are important(be it Bella Swan, Joan Jett, or Melinda Sordino, and so on). She's also a natural beauty(she's been my celeb crush for a while :)) and a laid back, "real" person who is awkward in the spotlight, but doesn't mince words while usually being tasteful in what she's trying to say even when ticked off and likes to let her actions speak for her. How she and Rob have coped with their new found fandom is commendable.

Kristen should be respected-you don't have to like her, but she should be respected for what she's done, including her work for Haiti and for Security on Campus.

JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

This is an AWESOME interview. It's from the Twilight press tour, but still really good. This proves, once again, that Kristen loves Bella and the Saga. It's funny how she answers the "Rob" question back then.

2008 Twilight Podcast
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I have to admit, even after watching the movies, when i read the books I don't picture kristen as Bella. I do like her though. In New Moon, I LOVED her! The screaming during the nightmares made me jump the first time it happened. I think she really shined in New Moon. I have always liked kristen as an actor. I think she was the BEST thing in Panic Room. I am looking forward to seeing her in Eclipse. I think she will do great. I am looking forward to see how she does when Edward is fighting Victoria and Riley!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story