Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by shinyredvolvo »

The things that went wrong (maybe her clothes, the hospital, ect....) don't really reflect Kristen as Bella. They all come down to the director. When you are shooting a scene they are the ones guiding you and having you re-do certain parts to make it what they want it to be. It's hard to be in the middle of something when the director stops you, wanting something different for her to then say "mmmm thats not how I think Bella did it" the movie would have never been finished. Just like how things with Rob as Edward where off too.

This time around I really think Chris knows what went wrong the 1st time around and will stay very true to the book for the fans. I think since all the cast has bonded and learned a lot from making Twilight they will be more spot on.
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

pharmer4 wrote:really? Her clothes need criticizing? Wow.

I know some people have not liked the manerisms she used in the film but ask yourself, how are you going to convey on film, without narration, how much Edward "dazzles" her, without weird mannerisms like the stop-start and hand gestures like that? And honestly, if someone drops a bombshell on you, such as "soul mate --> leaving town" then you are going to be stuck for words.
Wardrobe is part of the character and thus is part of talking about Kristen's portrayal of Bella. I was highly disappointed in her prom dress. She didn't borrow that dress from any Alice wardrobe I ever pictured!! It was just sort of... regular, wasn't it?

I thought Kristen did a good job conveying how awkward Bella sometimes feels in her own skin -- ESPECIALLY with the weird mannerisms.

THANK YOU JADEY, for bringing up the AWFUL hospital scene... anyone else notice that the oxygen tubes are in a different place in the close up than the wide-angle shots? Crap like that drives me crazy. I felt uncomfortable throughout that scene, and not in a good way.
ForJazz926 wrote: Honestly, the book version made me cringe as well. She was all dramatic and "don't ever leave me" then, too. Of course after reading the rest of the saga, I could handle the drama. And the second time I read Twilight I didn't mind it as much.
Seriously! Bella made me cringe several times in the book... but I couldn't tell if I was cringing b/c I was reacting to her teenager-ness or her Bella-ness.

Image Image Image
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

She never made me cringe in the book.. she made me all giggly and warm inside cause she loves him so much :D She made me cringe several times in the movie, then again, I blame Catherine and Melissa.

YES AND THOSE STUPID TUBES. I really wanted to yell out something about it.. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS.
But again, it wasn't Kstews fault.

I think Catherine and whoever else just wanted to make Kstew look bad :evil: jokes, but everyone else seemed to do fine.. and I only had a read problem with Kstew as Bella..
..but It may be because we ARE her in the book, and they cant possibly portray it accurately in a movie, because we don't know what shes thinking in the movie..
I don't know.
So confuzzled.
I blame everyone. :D
There, that settles it.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
obieewok
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by obieewok »

Lol...The tubes. Yep. That was bad. And the fact that her eyes are green. Like, "I notice your eyes are green" green. I know she wore contacts to make them brown, so I'm not sure what happened in the hospital.

Let's hope someone actually pays attention to all this stuff and corrects New Moon! Less frumpy Bella!
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
akire

Post by akire »

Less frumpy, for sure. Bella never cared all that much what she wore, but man they seemed to take that to an extreme in the movie.
Jadey wrote:She never made me cringe in the book.. she made me all giggly and warm inside cause she loves him so much :D She made me cringe several times in the movie, then again, I blame Catherine and Melissa.

YES AND THOSE STUPID TUBES. I really wanted to yell out something about it.. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS.
But again, it wasn't Kstews fault.

I think Catherine and whoever else just wanted to make Kstew look bad :evil: jokes, but everyone else seemed to do fine.. and I only had a read problem with Kstew as Bella..
..but It may be because we ARE her in the book, and they cant possibly portray it accurately in a movie, because we don't know what shes thinking in the movie..
I don't know.
So confuzzled.
I blame everyone. :D
There, that settles it.
True... It was crappy editing. But it really only managed to make Kristen look stupid, unfortunately. And you are absolutely right about translating from book to movie. You get SO MUCH more in the book than you can possibly get in the movie, even with the voice over.

Image Image Image
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

kristen look really good at the adventureland premiere. it was funny how small that premiere was compared to the twilight one. :lol:
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
akire

Post by akire »

^^Actually, I wasn't sure about the color of the dress she wore to the premiere. So orangey for her skin tone. or maybe it was the lipstick?

In other news, I can't way to hear what KStew has to say about her performance in the DVD commentary! Almost as much as I'm looking forward to RPattz...

Image Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Yeah...I'm not convinced that was a wise color choice - but the back of that dress is awesome. I wish it wasn't salmon/orange, though.

Image Image
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Yeah, that color really doesn't work for her. It's one of those colors that can only be pulled off really well by darker-skinned people. She's a bit too pale for it. And her hair doesn't look quite right either. Or maybe I'm just used to seeing it down. She's still gorgeous though. :)
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
akire

Post by akire »

Yep both the back & the cut are awesome on her. I guess she was branching out from her usual blacks/grays/neutrals?? Next time... go RED, girl!

I like her hair... but I love her hair in most contexts sooo... I'm a little biased!

Image Image Image