Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

izzysmum wrote:I think Rob is the perfect person to play Edward. I dunno whether I had seen any Twilight film stuff before I read the book (maybe subconsciously ), but he virtually fits the my imaginary Edward perfectly.
I couldn't agree with you more. Izzymum you should check out the Rob's Halfway house in the flight to phoenix. Hope to see you there.
Banner by TammyAZ
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Susie wrote:I watched Twilight again recently and I just LOVE the way Robward wrinkles up his brow when he kisses Krisella at the end while they are dancing at Prom. He looks like he is in some kind of emotional pain. - He loves her too much? He hates that he isn't human? He feels other "hungers"? If you haven't watched it in a while, watch that kiss - Ladies - it will just kill you!
Yeah, I love that kiss too. Actually the whole scene when they are dancing. It's shows how much Rob understands Edward's character. How much it breaks him to hear the Bella wants to be like him. What I took it to be was that he feels that he shouldn't love this girl. And hearing her say that she wants to become the "monster" he sees himself as, just makes it even worse for him.
I also think that Rob was pretty much perfect in the first kiss too. It's like he's testing himself, much the same way I imagine Edward doing it. Like, "Can I do this without killing her?". And the way he's standing up against the wall afterwards...So vulnerable, but yet also so strong. It just about kills me every single time.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Dovrebanen wrote:I also think that Rob was pretty much perfect in the first kiss too. It's like he's testing himself, much the same way I imagine Edward doing it. Like, "Can I do this without killing her?". And the way he's standing up against the wall afterwards...So vulnerable, but yet also so strong. It just about kills me every single time.[/color]
Absolutely!!! That one blows me away - so erotic. The problem is I want more scenes like that in the movie!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Susie wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:I also think that Rob was pretty much perfect in the first kiss too. It's like he's testing himself, much the same way I imagine Edward doing it. Like, "Can I do this without killing her?". And the way he's standing up against the wall afterwards...So vulnerable, but yet also so strong. It just about kills me every single time.[/color]
Absolutely!!! That one blows me away - so erotic. The problem is I want more scenes like that in the movie!
I second everything said by my Halfway-house sisters.......

Rob kissing Kstew as Edward in that first kissing scene,.... (ok getting flaskes of R-rated stuff)....
But I have to say the last kiss between them in New Moon before Edward left.. (when he drove her home) was pretty hot too, every time I watch it I have the feeling to look away to give them some privacy...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ach!! I missed a discussion of the RobWard kisses!!!

You all know I believe that there was absolutely no one else to play Edward other than Rob. But, the moment for me that is the most perfect, the most Edward, is the kiss on Bella's forehead in the woods before he leaves. In that moment, when he lets go and his eyes close, when his entire face collapses, you know his pain, how much he never wants to take one step away from Bella but knows he has to. No, it's not sweet or loving or beautiful. But, that moment is so completely Edward.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

^^^That moment in the woods does it to me every time! I have watched the movie four times since bringing it home and five times in theaters...I still cry every time! From that moment in the woods until Bella tells Charlie she needs a girls night out!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Yes, Jazzie - The final kiss in the woods is almost too much. Not only do we feel Bella's pain, we feel Edward's pain. I really love/hate to watch it.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Dovrebanen wrote:
Susie wrote:I watched Twilight again recently and I just LOVE the way Robward wrinkles up his brow when he kisses Krisella at the end while they are dancing at Prom. He looks like he is in some kind of emotional pain. - He loves her too much? He hates that he isn't human? He feels other "hungers"? If you haven't watched it in a while, watch that kiss - Ladies - it will just kill you!
Yeah, I love that kiss too. Actually the whole scene when they are dancing. It's shows how much Rob understands Edward's character. How much it breaks him to hear the Bella wants to be like him. What I took it to be was that he feels that he shouldn't love this girl. And hearing her say that she wants to become the "monster" he sees himself as, just makes it even worse for him.
That aspect of Edward's character is what I think Rob, despite the limits of the scripts, has brought out very well from the beginning. He has a "haunted" look to him, and a corresponding sound to his voice, throughout much of the first two films. Definitely a strength of his performance.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

They definitely did the right thing in allowing him to read Midnight Sun, so he got a more accurate desciption on how to play Edward. But he seemed to know straight away that Edward was more thoughtful and soul searching than I think others who could've played Edward would've done
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

izzysmum wrote:They definitely did the right thing in allowing him to read Midnight Sun, so he got a more accurate desciption on how to play Edward. But he seemed to know straight away that Edward was more thoughtful and soul searching than I think others who could've played Edward would've done
Both CH and SM have commented on it, Izzysmum. Both have said that it was what set him apart. All these other potential Edwards walked through the door trying to be the one thing Edward NEVER EVER sees himself as, the perfect man for Bella. Even without DHN, Rob saw through it, saw Edward's darker side. It's one of the things that makes Rob such a talented actor; his instincts for a character. Rob came in to the audition knowing that Edward hated what he is, even more so after meeting Bella. I love hearing him talk about how he even argued with SM when they would talk, wanting to take Edward to even a little darker place. In the end, I think he brings a perfect balance to bringing Edward to life; you can see how much he loves every bit of Bella, and also how much he hates himself for it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS