Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BittenCullen
Settled in Forks

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by BittenCullen »

well taylor is almost perfect, just the height problem. but with all the movie magic these days... who knows? lol and way i kinda freaked out when someone told me the guy who plays shark boy is going to play jacob and mostly because i still imagined him as a little kid but in these days i even thought about changing to team jacob for him.
"I may not be a human, but I am a man."
I Support TeamEdward. ONLY he can send my heart into a panic attack.
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

I'm really unhappy with Taylor Lautner as Jacob, he is nothing like how I would imagine him. And yeah, it's ok for him to be quite small at the moment but what about in Eclipse, New Moon and Breaking Dawn when he is meant to be big and muscular? I don't think he has the frame to bulk up that much. Also, his hair is very wig like. Not happy. :(
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

Taylor will basically have to live the next few years of his life on a high-protein diet while engaging in strenuous exercise. That's the only way he's going to be able to bulk up. I'd say steroids, but those are a tadbit illegal :P
"What fools these mortals be!"
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

Does anyone think 14 is too young to date him? After his acting in New Moon (which is probably going to be awesome), just the image of him with his shirt off is going to make me crazy over him!
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

lol.
It looks like hes already buffed up!

Pics with his shirt off!!! :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AU5fKhXS7w

And they're adding another scene for him!!! Because they "want more Jacob"! YAY! :]
J<3B
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

I think he could pull this off. I thought he looked a little funny in the wig, but I've adjusted, and I think it could really work.
BLaST
Settled in Forks

Post by BLaST »

Well...He doesn't exactly look like the Jacob I had pictured, but then again I bet I'm the only one picturing him this way since it doesn't fit with the book's description...lol
But overall I like Taylor ^^ He looks a bit young, but then Jake's supposed to look young in Twilight...(how old IS taylor anyway??)

Oh, and I definitely think he looks better with long hair!
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Taylor is definately starting to grow on me... they just need to get rid of that ridiculous wig! :lol: Hopefully they'll AT LEAST make a NM movie so we can see short-haired Jacob :P

I'm a bit concerned about the bulking up too though... I mean, let's face it - Jacob is a BEAST. Can they really make Taylor look like he's 6'7" and uber muscular?

Only time will tell...
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Like Kristen, Taylor is slowly but surely growing on me. At first, I didn't like that choice AT ALL, especially because the wig that he was wearing at one point looked ridiculous but the more I look at pictures of him the more I can see his potential as Jacob. He looks young enough to pull off the young Jacob, yet fierce enough to pull off the slightly more aged,ripped and wolf-ified Jacob. Which means that they HAVE to make movies of all the books in order to use him to his fullest potential. :D I think his eyes and face have the same power and expression behind them that I imagined Jacob having while I was reading. All in all, I think Taylor will be great...
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Post by jazjade »

Disclaimer: I am team edward. But, When I saw Taylor Lautner and heard him speak and saw his smile, I thought "How Perfect and charming a guy for Jacob, He might make lots more people love Jacob" Just plain charming, which, I think, is what Jacob is, when he's not feeling the teen wolf anger and frustration over Bella. He makes me smile.