Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

shinyredvolvo wrote:
I'm highly supportive of Kristen as Bella, so I just wanted to back you up on that. I have stated over and over in this forum that people are way too hard on her, and I feel bad for repeating myself so much, but I guess I'm just really sympathetic to what she has put on her.
Hahaha. I know how you feel! We have both been saying the same things! ;)

Oh well.... at least we agree. :)
I have tried really hard to not come down on one side of this or the other, but I have to admit that I agree with you both. Not just because I really think Kristen made a great Bella, and I know that I would not want any other current actress in the role because only Kristen could have really done it right. That is just my opinion. The fact is that people who call themselves fans of Twilight need to get over themselves and their jealousy and support Kristen as a part of what we love.

I want to make a few things abundantly clear to those of you who have nothing but hate and disrespect for Kristen Stewart:

She plays Bella, which is very different from the statement I see flying around here claming that she isBella. Any one of us could run around pretending to be Bella, and for good or for bad that would not make us Bella. Bella is a character in a book that we all love and feel a part of. Why should we hate Kristen for wanting to be a part of that book too? Answer: we shouldn't! You can identify with Bella, right? Well, so can she. And she was the one lucky enough to get the part of playing Bella in a fairly big production. GET OVER IT! Or go make your own movie and cast yourself as Bella, if you really can't stand to see anyone else in the role.

The point is that she is human, just like you and me and everyone else in this sorry world, and she is not perfect. We all say and do things that come out wrong and get misinterpreted, and we all get angry and annoyed with people we love. I really think Kristen loves Twilight (the book), she loves playing Bella (her job), and she loves us, her fans (people she loves)! But she can be annoyed with those things too! I know I have personally been fustrated with parts of the book, with my job, and with my friends and family. It's the same thing!

And stop with that crap about "Oh, I'm so sorry, I thought this was a place to share our opinions! I just wanted to talk about my opinions! You can have your opinions, and I'll have mine."
There is a difference between an opinion and a straight up hate fest! Ever hear the saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all?" Yeah? Well, heed it! All this anger and hate for Kristen is rather pathetic, and it makes those of you who participate in it appear immature and ugly (not physically, but ever hear of inner beauty? Well you have none when you speak with such hate and disgust). Just keep it to yourself or cry about it in your diary or something. Most of us don't want to hear it!
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Heart_In_Hand -- In complete honesty, I was slightly offended by your post mostly because I have been in time where I wasn’t Kristen Stewart’s biggest fan. And while I love and adore Rob and literally melt at the sight of him . . . That was NEVER the reason why I simply disliked her. And I hate it that people are assuming such things about other people. See, to me I don’t think you need a plausible excuse to why you like/dislike someone, simply because you don’t need one. So why is it assumed that the people who dislike Kristen Stewart, dislike her because they are jealous of her? Because really, loving kristen vs. hating kristen doesn’t put anyone high on the scale and it certainly doesn’t make anyone better than anyone because they’ve managed to develop “like” feelings for Kristen. While, I agree, there are SOME people who are jealous of Kristen and their jealousy gives fodder to varying degrees of hatred. NOT all people are the same aka NOT all people who hate Kristen dislike her because of that. And it certainly doesn’t make the people who are jealous of her horrible people. It just makes them unreasonable.

A hateful post IS an opinion. An opinion is the result of a thought process. I mean, I get it. It’s tiring, it’s annoying and whatever that some people hate Kristen and are fully expressing it. SO WHAT? Why do you regard it as such a bad thing to hate someone in a role that you want to be portrayed right. Why was everyone cheering and agreeing at the thought of wanting Robert replaced when he was first cast. Why were there thousands of people referring to him as having the face of a gargoyle . . . THOUSANDS . . . And expressing that in many shapes and forms. So now everyone freakin loves him (by the way, I loved him the minute he was cast) . . . My point is, if it was alright then to express your damn hateful opinion, it should be now. And I don’t care that it annoys people that other people’s opinions bugs them . . . But seriously though. No one can just GET OVER IT . . . Over wanting one of your favourite characters to be portrayed right. and not to mention that I don’t condemn the people who hate her, because she comes of very disrespectful at times. While I certainly have no hate for her, I have some issues with some of her costar coughtaylorlautnercough. By the way, if it is allowed for a someone to go all day on about how wonderful kristen is, then the same right should be given to the people who dislike her.

Now for my oponion on Kristen Stewart. Point blank, I’ve given up having a consistent opinion of her. Sometime she comes off as the sweetest, most down to earth person you can read about and I can’t help but love her, and then sometimes she’s well a complete a**hole that you can’t help but be annoyed at. I’ve started out from liking her to really loving her to really hating her to really loving her again to really just not having an opinion on her anymore. Completely neutral.

As Bella, she’s GOOD. Great even. She can act, she’s pretty and she has good chemistry with Robert. She’s intelligent, and little sarcastic. THAT is cool, that I like. And to top it off she can actually LOOK like Bella. I’ll admit, after seeing the trailers, I was so horrified of her acting that I was like “she’s going to ruin this”. Watching the movie for the first time, I was happy that I was wrong after all. She actually proved herself . . . That said, there were parts of the movie that were a little “meh” . . . I mean what is up with the excessive blinking, lip licking, stuttering, half finished sentences, weird expressions and lack thereof of emotions. Yeah yeah yeah, Bella DID stuff like that in the book. Big whoop. But I guess the thing was, was that the bad parts overwhelmed the good parts that it unbalanced the film therefore ruining how the characters SHOULD be portrayed. But overall, she’s wasn’t have bad . . . Meh . . . We’ll see more in new moon.
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

amethyst
the way you feel about Kristen is just the way I feel about her, exactly the same.
I don`t hate her at all, most of the times I really like her e.g. in tokyo and then there are times where she really annoys me by the way she acts or by what she says. I don`t see anything wrong with that.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
sillyme

Post by sillyme »

Wow! It's getting hot in here! Lol...I'm new (obviously) and have been waiting to post my "opinion" regarding our little miss KStew...and that opinion is...I love her! She's just made of awesome! Going back and reading old interviews, new interviews, and watching videos and whatnot, she is just completely misunderstood. A lot of things she says are always taken out of context, and if everyone just READ the whole Nylon article, they would see that. And with the most recent interview posted on the Lexicon blog, I just want to hug her, because she just deserves it. This fandom has the tendancy to be so critical (which is by all means understandable because this is something we love so much) but she does not deserve what's been thrown at her. She does have fans out there that DO love her (such as myself) and she needs to know that. Unfortunately all the negativity is overpowering any appreciation for her which really sucks. But yeah, that's my litte blurb for now.

Oh and...Perez really needs to get over himself...just a side note in reference to his recent posts!
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
Bellsuz

Post by Bellsuz »

sillyme wrote:
Oh and...Perez really needs to get over himself...just a side note in reference to his recent posts!

I know! I love Perez, but he give her too hard of a time (as well as a lot of bloggers...). I like Kristen as Bella and I really don't think she's disliking playing her. She's just a very serious person. Rob even says so. He says she intimidated him right off, made him want to be more serious.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
TwiliGhtersUnite
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiliGhtersUnite »

Okay, I see my post kicked up the dust in here...

So, I see some of you saying im a hypocrite, or a hater and that I am immature and "shouldnt say anything if i have nothing nice to say" which is cool, i feel you. However, the most important thing is, i really dont care. I might be a hypocrite or immature or a hater(i dont think I am though), to me, Im just a huge twilight fan who is really dissapointed in K.S. Im also a New Yorker, which means I dont care if you dont like what I have to say coz im going to say it anyway!

Isnt this what a post is for, to express you feelings, regardless if you opinion is in the negative or positive? Yep, excatly..so I stick to what I previously stated and please, feel free to comment and express your opinion, even if its negative towards me because it dosnt change anything anyway.

And oh yeah, someone said to watch my language there are some younger kids on the boards..that was TOO FUNNY!..I didnt say anything kids arent exposed to already, regardless how young, SO, SAVE IT PAL!

And Im not sorry if I offended anyone, because again, thats How I FEEL and if you agree or disagree thats on you.

Im still Looking forward to Kristen promoting New moon later this year so i can make those mean posters@! Ohhh yeahhh kiss it snitches!
celeste24601
Settled in Forks

Post by celeste24601 »

I really like Kirsten Stewart as an actress, she was great in the film "In the Land of Women." Now having said that I need to admit that Kirsten Stewart as Bella was not the greatest. I think Bella in the novel carried a higher presence and maturity level then that which was displayed in the film.
sillyme

Post by sillyme »

TwiliGhtersUnite wrote:And Im not sorry if I offended anyone, because again, thats How I FEEL and if you agree or disagree thats on you.
Absolutely! Everyone has opinions, and everyone should be able to express them. But I think the point that was trying to be made was, some people claim they hate Kristen (or someone else) and continue to express said opinion but don't really validate their opinion. That's fine if you don't care for Kristen...I don't care for Orlando Bloom...but instead of dropping the hate word, it's nice to have an explanation to back your choice. Now I haven't wandered the boards yet and actually examine each and every post, but I think that's what someone was trying to say...y/n?
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

TwiliGhtersUnite wrote:Okay, I see my post kicked up the dust in here...

So, I see some of you saying im a hypocrite, or a hater and that I am immature and "shouldnt say anything if i have nothing nice to say" which is cool, i feel you. However, the most important thing is, i really dont care. I might be a hypocrite or immature or a hater(i dont think I am though), to me, Im just a huge twilight fan who is really dissapointed in K.S. Im also a New Yorker, which means I dont care if you dont like what I have to say coz im going to say it anyway!

Isnt this what a post is for, to express you feelings, regardless if you opinion is in the negative or positive? Yep, excatly..so I stick to what I previously stated and please, feel free to comment and express your opinion, even if its negative towards me because it dosnt change anything anyway.

And oh yeah, someone said to watch my language there are some younger kids on the boards..that was TOO FUNNY!..I didnt say anything kids arent exposed to already, regardless how young, SO, SAVE IT PAL!

And Im not sorry if I offended anyone, because again, thats How I FEEL and if you agree or disagree thats on you.

Im still Looking forward to Kristen promoting New moon later this year so i can make those mean posters@! Ohhh yeahhh kiss it snitches!
I actually laughed when I read the original post that's causing "controversy(?)". You didn't even use any language!!! 5th graders use that type of language. How about we all just like, stop getting mad at each other and saying things like how people shouldn't say mean things or w/e. It's their opinion, their point of view, not yours and everybody won't react to everything the same way so please just be happy Twilight fanatics and get along :) Anyways, celeste, I loved her in ITLOW. She was just flowy(?) throughout the entire movie but, there's a difference. There weren't any vampires in that movie and just the fact that Bella is so complex makes it harder to get into. Honestly, she did a fantastic job and although there were some shaky parts, when aren't there any in a movie, right?
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
mandyb7

Post by mandyb7 »

petition supporting Kristen http://www.petitiononline.com/kiks1290/petition.html

I wouldn't have anyone else playing Bella than Kristen, she does a great job.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict