Twilight Prequel

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Twilight Prequel

Post by dimber »

We've discussed this topic on the Third Table too, and I haven't changed my mind since that post...I'd absolutely love to read the story of Jasper and Alice.
From the few things we've read in the Twilight saga, they're such a fascinating couple...it would be nice to read more about their first meeting and how they came to love each other so much.

I'd like also to read more about Edward's rebel years, away from Carlisle.
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

I would like to read a few short stories written by a few of the characters. like, a chapter or two for each. But not a whole novel based on one character.
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Ohh, I would SO like a prequel! Here's how it goes in my mind...

The Cullens have just moved back to Forks. OK, it just dawned on me, that they never mentioned what happened in Denali... why did they move... did they get too close to humans or fight with the Denali women??? Jessica tells Bella on her first day that the Cullens moved to Forks 2 years ago from somewhere up in Alaska... anyway. They're unloading the moving trucks, and they start reminiscing about their lives since the LAST time they were there, 70 years ago! They would talk about the obvious thing like the Treaty made with the Quileutes and wonder if anyone from the tribe would remember them. The kids would talk about what it will be like to go BACK to Forks Highschool. I can totally see the guys breaking into the school their first night back in town and digging through the archives in the basement for old records and photos to see if anything were left behind from the last time they lived there! I would like it mainly from Carlisle's POV, but each family member could give a memory since leaving Forks the last time... what happened during the 70 years between, their journey as a family, the feelings Carlisle had each time he brought someone new to the family... things like that.
he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Post by he_dazzles_me »

Well, to be honest, I've never actually liked prequels after reading the books that come after it. It just takes the suspense out of everything because you know how the future's going to turn out already. It's like trying to surprise Alice :D
esmegrace
Settled in Forks

Post by esmegrace »

I'm also really curious about the past of Mary Alice Brandon. For example, what led her parents to fake her death and put her in an asylum? Who was this vampire that worked at the asylum, and what was there relationship? How did James get involved? What was she doing from when she woke up as a vampire until she met Jasper? The most compelling aspect (I think) of Edward and Bella's story is their great love, but, by all accounts, Alice and Jasper have just as compelling a love. I'd love (no pun intended) to hear how that developed.

I also have had this thought about Alice's hair. I think she has short, spiky hair because it was chopped off for the asylum and was short when she was changed. They would have needed her to have short hair when they applied the electrodes for ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). What do you think?
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Esmegrace-
Alice is my favorite character outside of Bella. I had also wondered about her date of death and date of admission into the asylum being the same. Given the time this happened, the early 1900s, it seems that her family had no other option. Maybe they were embarrassed by her behavior. She grew up in the south; maybe her family thought she was possessed and they were religious; it would have been easier for them to just lock her away and pretend she were dead. I don't know- I'm just speculating. Stephenie knows the story, and I hope she shares it with us someday; maybe there will be some background in the Twilight Guide coming out in December. I'm very interested in Alice's human story.

As for Alice's hair... I believe you are correct about the electrodes. It makes sense. It's what I originally thought when I put all the pieces together... a human having visions of the future, put into an asylum, short, spiky hair, her body was thin in the extreme-- it all points to shock treatment.
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I agree with you guys that Alice and Jasper have one of the most intresting and intriguing stories, besides Edward.
esmegrace wrote:I'm also really curious about the past of Mary Alice Brandon. For example, what led her parents to fake her death and put her in an asylum? Who was this vampire that worked at the asylum, and what was there relationship? How did James get involved? What was she doing from when she woke up as a vampire until she met Jasper? The most compelling aspect (I think) of Edward and Bella's story is their great love, but, by all accounts, Alice and Jasper have just as compelling a love. I'd love (no pun intended) to hear how that developed.
I agree with you, I would love to read about her life immediatly before and after her transformation.

Oh and about her hair, I believe in an interview Stephenie had said that Alice's hair was so short because it was just beginning to grow back from being completly shaved at the asylum...you guys are right :D
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I'd like to hear more about what happened with the Volturi and the Romanians. I don't really get it - who are older, the Romanians or the Volturi? And what happened when the Romanians ruled and how did they get taken over?
I'd like to see what era Jane and Alec came from . . . it must have been a time when they were keen on torture and execution.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

esmegrace wrote:I'm also really curious about the past of Mary Alice Brandon. For example, what led her parents to fake her death and put her in an asylum? Who was this vampire that worked at the asylum, and what was there relationship? How did James get involved? What was she doing from when she woke up as a vampire until she met Jasper? The most compelling aspect (I think) of Edward and Bella's story is their great love, but, by all accounts, Alice and Jasper have just as compelling a love. I'd love (no pun intended) to hear how that developed.

I also have had this thought about Alice's hair. I think she has short, spiky hair because it was chopped off for the asylum and was short when she was changed. They would have needed her to have short hair when they applied the electrodes for ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). What do you think?
You put exactly what I was about to write!
I'm mostly curious about before she met Jasper. I want to know more about the vampire who changed her. Do you think maybe he loved her? Kinda sucks for him if he did, who saved Alice, got killed, and then she ends up with another guy. So I'm very curious about that.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ragdoll
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ragdoll »

I'd love to read a prequel! I think any of the vampires would be interesting to read more about. I'd definately like to read more about Alice because she's the one we know least about but I think Carlisle would be really interesting too. It would be kind of like a history of the world he's lived through so much!
Congratulations to the Irish rugby team!!!!! Grand Slam at last!!!

Team Seth: 'Cos he's the bestest! :D

My quotes forum: http://quotations.forumotion.com/forum.htm