Edward or Jacob, who would you choose for you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Edward or Jacob, who would you choose for you?

Post by diane771 »

Just because Edward is 17 when he turned and is a virgin when it comes to women, how can you say that he processes things on that level? I like to see where else but in his feelings of first love with Bella, does he act like a 17yr old.
Everyman gets jealous if that is what you want to say. I would say most boys would not put a girls safty above their needs, like Edward when he left Bella. Most 17's would not think of another persons welfare and wants, and try to find answers to remedy the situation. Most 17's would try and push their feelings on to someone when they knew that the girl loved someone else.could that be Jacob?
Edward only wanted Bella happy. I would take a man who could look at the whole picture and not just on piece. and Edward thinks about everything and that is not the way a 17 yr old thinks. Edward was cold to kiss, but he still turned Bella on, so it couldn't have been so bad. After she turned it was amazing. On the honeymoon Edward was a vampire and Bella was so totally satisfied . So I do not think Edward is lacking in that department. So on the whole its Edward hands down.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

diane771 wrote:Just because Edward is 17 when he turned and is a virgin when it comes to women, how can you say that he processes things on that level?
I said no such thing. I did not say "Edward acts like a 17 year old". What I did say however was that due to the era he was raised in, at times he can be naive to the social behavioral patterns of the modern world, which in part makes him a touch too polite and reserved for this day and age. Keep in mind that when I made that comment it was not a criticism but more of an observation and comparison-Jake and Edward are like day and night which is what I love about them both. Two similar characters would be pointless and boring. Opposition is what makes for great storytelling. Understand that I am also an Edward fan. I just happen to prefer Jake.
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

See, I knew I couldn't put this into words without upsetting someone :lol: .

I believe I'm the one who initially threw the word processing out there. And I guess that's not the right word either. What I was trying to say is that Edward is more a seventeen year old than just appearance. And not in regards to maturity, personality, or anything like that. There's no specific category for it I guess.

My whole argument was that Jake has more room for a natural progression through life. A lot of things with vampires are very permanent (or hard to change) like when Edward describes how vampires love - it's stronger and more intense than normal. So I feel that translates. Vampires, because of their very nature, do not change (and I use the word hesitantly) or adapt easily.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Lacuna Scion wrote:See, I knew I couldn't put this into words without upsetting someone :lol: .

I believe I'm the one who initially threw the word processing out there. And I guess that's not the right word either. What I was trying to say is that Edward is more a seventeen year old than just appearance. And not in regards to maturity, personality, or anything like that. There's no specific category for it I guess.

My whole argument was that Jake has more room for a natural progression through life. A lot of things with vampires are very permanent (or hard to change) like when Edward describes how vampires love - it's stronger and more intense than normal. So I feel that translates. Vampires, because of their very nature, do not change (and I use the word hesitantly) or adapt easily.
Yes my post was to you and not Davnee, sorry about that, Simple mistake. Do you really think that vampires do not change? What about Jasper, he changed completely.He was someone who made newborns and taught them how to fight to gain power for the person who made him ? Then he met Alice and he changed totally. The Denali Coven is another example of how a vampire can change. So I do feel that your statement that Vampires do not change is not correct , Just because Edward says that a vampire's love is more intense, I don't see where that is a problem ? It doesn't translate to other things that I think you are presuming. The intense purpose is like when Rosalie and Emmett has sex , and stronger because they are stronger than human. If I read you correctly would you not want a man you was faithful and loved you forever, than someone who could imprint on someone else, leaving you with nothing like Leah?
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

do not change (and I use the word hesitantly) or adapt easily.

EASILY. Of course they change. It takes more time for a vampire to change - that doesn't mean it's impossible. But time is a different thing to them obviously.

This could be great boon when you talk about things like love. You have someone that will love you - literally - forever. But that slow to change thing obviously applies to more than just love. Your example of Jasper is perfect to both our points. They do indeed change. However, Jasper is the most recent vegetarian - seventy years ago (granted he was living off human blood for a lot longer so... and I'm not ragging on him; he's my favorite :D ).

Anyways, my entire point (and the theme of this thread) is that as a personal choice, Jake is my man. Change would simply be more natural to Jake. It would be easier and simpler. Personally, being slow to change just really scares me. I'm simply not that type of girl who can just be content with everything the way it is for any length of time. I'm a total fidget :lol: .
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Lacuna Scion wrote:
do not change (and I use the word hesitantly) or adapt easily.

EASILY. Of course they change. It takes more time for a vampire to change - that doesn't mean it's impossible. But time is a different thing to them obviously.

This could be great boon when you talk about things like love. You have someone that will love you - literally - forever. But that slow to change thing obviously applies to more than just love. Your example of Jasper is perfect to both our points. They do indeed change. However, Jasper is the most recent vegetarian - seventy years ago (granted he was living off human blood for a lot longer so... and I'm not ragging on him; he's my favorite :D ).

Anyways, my entire point (and the theme of this thread) is that as a personal choice, Jake is my man. Change would simply be more natural to Jake. It would be easier and simpler. Personally, being slow to change just really scares me. I'm simply not that type of girl who can just be content with everything the way it is for any length of time. I'm a total fidget :lol: .
LOL your a fast food lady :lol: Thats cool, to me slow change is scary, but to get what you really want, and forever it would be worth it to me. But I see you with Jacob and what you mean.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Jacob for me
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
twilight.geek
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilight.geek »

Jacob
All you need is a steak and a fishing pole and you can catch your own werewolf! Man, I wish that was true.
TEAM WEREWOLVES! I run with werewolves.
Team Ian!
Team Peeta!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm team Edward ....

Ok this is why.. I like Jacob he is funny and easy going, but also to young. He behaves like a 16 year old... and I just can't relate to him. Next to that I don't have much patience and I think I would break my hand a dozen times on him...
by the way, my boyfriend does behave a lot like Jacob..I'm trying to get him to read twilight so he could learn the romantic trics....so maybe I should go with Jacob.. ;)

Edward is way more the man for me, romantic, old fashioned, protective, and peacefull... I'm already fairly cold skinned so the would match, I'm pale so I wouldn't stand out...but to bad prefect man only exsists in book :cry:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

Jacob for me.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen