Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Does anybody know where I can find the 'city of bones' E-books?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Tia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tia »

Yes. Considering that half my reading time is now split between the Twilight Saga and my other literature floating around my house lol.
-After reading the Twilight Saga (concerning book 2 surviving lol) for the first time, I now read the series with my own personal support group (my boyfriend!). When I get to a part that it would hurt too much to read on my own, I carry my book to him and show him where I left off at. Then I wrap myself around him, hide behind him or let him hold me while he reads thru the part that makes me cry to much. He makes me feel safe. I guess not all of us are as brave as Bella.

-The best part is now he reads the books as well! Now and then while we both are reading different books, one of us would stop the other and read a part we like or want the other to hear, something we never done before the Twilight Saga. So my reading changed so much.
Well that wasn't exactly the reaction I'd been going for, 123 p. of SM's Partial Draft.
bellabonany
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bellabonany »

I have to read the Twilight books every couple of months if I haven't been reading them every other week...

I also cannot find any deep meaning in most other books, and can finish most other books in less than 3 hours.
Team Bella all the way!! ;D
Romeo, Mr.Darcy, Heathcliff, Lysander and Demetrius... Who needs them when you can have the epitome of perfection and your own personal sun?
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Well, I was going to write, "Sadly, yes..." but then I realized that it's not sad at all! :lol: I picked up the Twilight book for the first time very shortly after I watched the movie for the first time this past summer (whenever it was that the movie came out on DVD). Of course, after that I had to get the rest of the saga. And I've just been reading through all four books continuously since then! I wait for a day or so when I finish BD, just to let the story sink in fully, and that's as long as I can go without having their story in the forefront of my reality. It seems sick to me, but I don't want an intervention. :) It takes me about two weeks or so to read all the books, so I've gone through them a lot.

So yes, my reading habits have changed significantly in that I read exponentially more now, but the same thing over and over. And (this is where the sad part comes in) I know from experience this addiction will run its course through well after the release of all the movies.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Yeah, Twilight has definately affected the quality of book I pick, and now I have only read two not vampire-ish/romantic fiction/horror. I just can't get into them. I am such a fantasy nerd! LOL. But not as extreme as my friends that are reading about trolls and "imps." Whatever "imps" are. People at school achually go up to us and say "Do you ever stop reading?!" I must admit though reading fiction books during class is kinda bad. Thankfully no one has ratted me out yet! :mrgreen: :D
ImageImageImage
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

how about.....
Now waking up. sprinting to the computer, speed click on to lex...spend the rest of my time on lex.... and getting all crazy if I don't find time for lex.... andspend the rest of my non computer time, working and reading.....
(my BF must neglected)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Aimster
Settled in Forks

Post by Aimster »

It has completely changed my reading habits. I am a 37 year old mother of a 6 year old who doesnt have much extra time on her hands but since reading the Twilight Series I have found myself in the young adult section of Borders on a weekly basis. Does anything compare to the Twilight Series...NO...but it has brought my passion for reading back!
TwilightWolf
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightWolf »

Grrrrr,
I just deleted my own post....

Anywho...Before Twilight I was reading the James Patterson novels...after much demand from my friend (whom is not registered--yet)I decided to give New Moon a try. I hadn't had much luck with Twilight, but was greatly interested in New Moon. I then went on to read Eclipse and just finished it today. I have no idea what to read now since one of my relatives is getting me Breaking Dawn for Christmas. Everything seems really boring to read...does anyone have any suggestions?

My other friend is trying to get my back into Harry Potter (she's been a fan for life) and her along with my friend mentioned above are involed in war of Harry Potter andf Twilight at the moment... :3
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am soo glad I am not alone. I was a huge reader. Romance, mystery you name it I would read it but after Twilight Saga. I was having a difficult time. I realized while I would finish a book I wouldn't give it a second thought. I would think to myself cute story or I had the killer pegged. I have never felt what I did for Twilight. It was a beautiful story. This is one series that I will keep and pass down to my daughter if she chooses to want to read it when she gets older.
Banner by TammyAZ