Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by bella_love3 »

well i really want to read classics like bella but so far i havent brought myself to read another book besides the series because i dont want them to go away. i picked up the Clique series after finished bd and i couldnt get past first page without almost gagging at the ridiculous story. i don't know what i saw in it before... but dont worry its only been like three weeks, im not holding out forever. (just until the movie!)
he_dazzles_me
Settled in Forks

Post by he_dazzles_me »

I'm more hesistant about choosing new books or book series to read because I know that nothing will ever compare to the Twilight saga, hence why I find myself not reading as often as I used to.
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

Twilight has only affected my reading habits a little bit. I still read whatever I feel like reading whenver I wanna read it. But every once in a while, my Twilight books just taunt me on my book shelf so I have to read them again. But besides that, nothing has really changed for me.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Yes and no!
No, because it's nothing new for me to read a book more than once (although most people don't understand how I can do this) and yes, because even though I'm reading books more than once I've never reread books right away after finishing them but I did so with the whole Twilight series. I read all four books, then I read them again and again. Usually, no matter how much I like a book, I read something different in-between before I read it again. But with Twilight, I just couldn't get enough. There was no way I would have been able to concentrate on another book for any lenght of time..

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I think the only thing that has changed is that I dont read my homework. So yea Twilight has affected my reading habits because any free minute i get I read Twilight, not my homework that I have so much of. Im surprised Im doing decent this semester! :lol:
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

I thought the thread title read , "Has Twilight affected your eating habits? " so I was gonna write, Yep after reading breaking dawn eggs were one of my favourite foods but then I realised that the thread title says reading and not eating :lol: I feel so stupid :oops:
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
Doodle
Learning to Love Green

Post by Doodle »

The series has become my escape from the world, somewhere I can read and forget about life. Harry Potter used to be that however I struggle reading DH due to the deaths of my two favourite characters :cry: . So that's kinda changed my reading habits (I'm meant to be starting The Host, however Breaking Dawn has gotten in the way :) )
"because days come and go, but my feelings for you are forever"
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

It kind of taught me to read lengthy-er books than the ones I was reading before.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Adina
Settled in Forks

Post by Adina »

Twilight definitely sucked me into the reading world. Prior, I barely ever read. Then once I read Twilight, I didn't want to stop reading and I haven't. I have branched off to many YA books but also any other books recommended by people who have similar book taste to me. I started Twilight in December of 07 and haven't stopped. I have read more books in the past 10-11 months than I have in the years prior, a good 15-20 years. It is pretty crazy to think about. I am really thankful for Twilight and for it sucking me into the literary world.
Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

To me, twilight was a complete accident, Back before twilight entered my life a was a computer geeky loser (not much of a social person) I never really go into ficional novels (I was a nerd into anime only)

But now that I have read all the series, I only prefer books that are ficional, (vampires ect.) in Dark romance like this. Just like my mother I'm a sucker for the paranormal! ^^
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake