Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by twilight813 »

I am almost done with BD for the second time, and some part of me wants to start Twilight all over again, but I own over 100 books and 40 of which I havent read yet lol. Eh ill probably give Twilight Series another run through. It probably gets even better the third time around.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I used to read ALL THE TIME. And now, I pretty much read the posts here. :lol:
I still read about a book a month because I signed up for this thing and I get a free book a month, all I have to do is review them online, I've been getting them for about 2 years now, I think...but none of them are as good anymore after Twilight. I've tried a few other Vampire series though, and although none of them compare, I still enjoy them. And when I'm done, I do a little mental compare/contrast that reminds myself why Twilight is waaaay better. As if I could ever forget. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
mom4twilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom4twilight »

This is kind of embarrassing but... I finished the Twilight series about 3 weeks ago and I haven't read another book since finishing. Nothing looks good anymore! I have been to Target and Borders several times looking for something that grabs my attention but nothing does. I even bought The Host a couple of weeks ago but returned it the next day because I knew it wouldn't be the same. So, I started Twilight over today and I have been reading Twilight fanfic online. Hopefully I will be able to get into another book or series soon and love it as much as Twilight, but somehow I doubt it!
dazzleme
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: At school, watching that pale guy with red brown hair... does he sparkle?

Post by dazzleme »

I used to read all the time! Now, cuz of Twilight, the only non-twilight books I have read were cuz I was on a plane. Now I'm reading it for the fourth time, and it's even better! I never thought I'd find another series that was better than Harry Potter (I'm on my fourteenth time reading it- or trying to!!) But now that I have Twilight, I can't concentrate on it. Now I'm not the Harry Potter freak, but the Twilight freak. Which is what my mom wanted, but now I'm too obsessed with Twilight!
Do I dazzle you?
Frequently.

E <3 B
E <3 ME!!!!!

Taylor Lautner-From shark to wolf
http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/ ... chapter=1/DONT ANSWER Q ON CHAP2
soul alchemist
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by soul alchemist »

It did. I used to read mystery but Twilight got me into romance. Its hard to find a book that will get me addicted to it like Twilight did. The Uglies series was boring cuz it didnt had supernatural stuff in it. So far a book that I did enjoyed was Maximum Ride :The Angel Experiment. At my school they do a program call The 25 book campaign
Basically The students have to read 25 books by the end of the year.Last year I read 47 books ,becuase I hadn't read Twilight yet. But this year so far I got 8 books including the Twilight.iT just hard for me to pick a book that I like because there are not much books like Twilight.Plus like 60% of the books are from the 1980's and they are boring.I have my fingers crossed that they have The Anne Rice books.
The most gorgeous twins in my world.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Can't seem to stop reading the books. I used to read a bunch of different books, but it seems the are all boring now. It seems like I'll have to wait a few months before my habits go back to normal.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

OMG! I can't stop reading Twilight series! I used to read so many different books now I can only seem to pay attention to the Twi books! I have to read them inbetween all other books and my mind is always onTwilight whenever I read other books!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

I think i've bought more books in the last two months than i have during the rest of this year and i can probably thank Twilight for that. i've also bought books about vampires as i've now become a leetle bit obsessed with them :lol:
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

I must admit that I kinda became obsessed with vampires, but I always have been.
Interview with the vampire is one of the best :D

But I've come to realize that no vampires will ever be as cool as Stephenie Meyer's!

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

Actually, not my READING habits..its my WRITING ability..lol..
I've been writing short stories for 3 years and my recent short story got comments like..
"your story sounds like it was Bella who was talking" and all that..lol
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen