Stephenie Meyer's Writing Style

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
melmargaret
Wandering Through Town

Re: Stephenie Meyer's Writing Style

Post by melmargaret »

Well, this topic hasn't been updated for a while, so I'll give it a try...

I like that when I read Stephenie's work, it seems almost as if the book's characters are talking to me. The writing style flows and is consistant with each sentence written. Each line that is written reflects Bella's personality and never seems out of touch. This goes for any other character in the Saga. It's also relatable and is indepth with the reader's feelings.

I agree with each post on this thread!
melmargaret.
Tiger_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tiger_kitten »

I adore the fact Stephenie has no shame in writing something that may very well be cheesy and basically all happy. So many author's feel some "artistic integrity" to have to balance out their book with some bittersweetness, if not complete depression. I know there are numerous moments in the book that are quite upsetting and sad, but the end of the series ends on a complete high note, full happiness. Where as, for instance, the final chapters of the last book in the Harry Potter series is tainted with the death of numerous people.

Does what I am saying make any sense?
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

When reading it you really feel like Bella is a friend over at your house telling you about something that happened to her. It's very reminiscent of sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn dishing over cute guys.
I definately agree with this one, the books are that guilty pleasure of finding all the ins and outs of someone's relationship. It's personal and you feel connected to Bella like a close friend. Her happy ending/survival is obvious because she's there talking to you in first person. Her opinions are biased and sometimes her logic is broken but that makes her human and all the more real. She remembers small things that capture you and is very much like a memory of someone's first love and is sometimes oblivious to the problems she is facing.

Even the novella about Bree, it reads maybe like a last minute confession to Edward. Your drawn in even though you know from the start she is doomed.
Team Aro ---Team Volturi