Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by roseaurora »

If Bella had become a vampire when James bit her then Edward would not have felt the need to protect her in NM by leaving her. That sense of loss had a huge role in Bella and Edward's commitment to each other, but (in my opinion) it had the biggest impact on Edward. It was because he knew what it was like to be without her that he was able to completely "with stand" the singing of her blood. He stopped being worried that he would hurt her, because he knew the pain of losing her was more than he could withstand and was nothing compared to the pain of his thirst, which he could. All of this would be lost if she had changed in the first book.

However, none of that would have really mattered, because with her as a vampire, her blood was no longer an issue and he was no longer in danger of hurting her. I don't think missing out on that experience changes anything about their love and relationship to each other, but maybe it changes it for us as the readers. It beautiful to see Edward change the way he did after NM, and the fact that Bella didn't even hesitate to forgive him for leaving her just showed how closely bonded they were.

Another huge effect her changing so early would have had was with herrelationship with Jacob. If Edward had never left, I highly doubt she would have developed any kind of relationship with Jacob, and if she had, it would never have gotten to the "love" that they ultimately felt for each other. Why would it? She was whole and complete with Edward... And Jacob would have had a natural hatred for her as a vamp, so it would be unlikely he would feel the same about her.

Ultimately, I think it would have had to be a much shorter story if she had changed when James bit her. Or the story would have gone places I can't even guess at...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

:roll: You make it sound like its a bad thing that we got two and a half more books. If she got changed then and there, Rosalie would continue to hate her for a very long time, she wouldn't get to say goodbye to her human life, we'd hear about nothing but how tasty that hiker smelled and how guilty she is that she killed him for at least a year, and she couldn't have demanded nookie with Edward as a human. No nookie= no Nessie! Billy would suspect what happened and then the treaty would be broken...
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I'm glad that he didn't change her now, but at the time I was like, "oh man! I really wanted her to be with Edward, and now she has to wait!"
story's definitely way better with new moon and eclipse, jacob and nessie, and everything though
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

If I were Bella, I might think something along the lines of "if you had just left that venom where it was I wouldn't be in a body cast, real smart, Edward!" since I didn't know about the whole 'soul' debate.

I'll be back with the RV story posts soon.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Question Up:
If Alice had come to the Cullens without Jasper ( :cry: <sniff!> Let's say he didn't survive the southern wars) what would her relationship be with Edward? Would it still be siblings, or might something more have developed? Why or why not?

Yes, SenorGimp, you inspired this one. ;)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I thought so...
I imagine that Alice would probably be even closer to Edward, since they would bond over the fact that they're both the odd ones out in the family, or whatever you want to call it, but I don't think it would ever go beyond the brother/sister bond, that's just how they were meant to interact, I don't know.
Plus Edward is very staunch in his ability to hold out for the one he was meant to be with, he turned down Tanya after all, and she's scorching hot! :lol:
So I think that even if Alice developed feelings for Edward, he wouldn't reciprocate, because he just doesn't see her that way!
Side note:
If Jasper hadn't ended up in Alice's life, etc. etc. do you think that Edward would still have left Bella, without the expedient of Jasper losing his self-control at Bella's birthday party?
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

I don't think that Alice would have joined the Cullens in the first place unless she met Jasper. I think that after she saw the vision of Jasper, she automatically made the decision to spend her existence with him. As Jasper was searching for an alternative lifestyle, it set off the vision of Carlisle. I think that if Alice did join the Cullens, she probably wouldn't become Edward's mate. They love each other to death as siblings, but she annoys him quite a bit. That, and I think it would be awkward if you could see what your spouse thought about you all the time.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

To be honest, and this may be going to far, but I'm not sure that Edward is wild enough for Alice, in a physical way.
I mean, they never display affection publicly, but you know that Jasper with his bad-boy from the south routine has GOT to use that in his relationship with Alice, when no one else is around anyway, and I just don't think Edward's wild enough for her...
Then again, she wouldn't have to point out what she liked and what she didn't etc, due to the mind reading, but...
nevermind, that's far enough. :oops:
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Yes. Yes it is... New subject: The RV trip roseaurora mentioned...
roseaurora wrote:they could spend the next 6 1/2 years touring the continent in an RV :D

Then they would never be any place long enough to arise suspicion AND they could visit the covens they promised... the Amazon one in particular, and they could visit the other half-vamps.

:lol:

Its a silly idea, but I still think it could be cool ;)
TeamEdward1918 wrote:Couldn't you see Rosalie stuck in an RV with her pouty face on? :lol: Don't know why, but that image popped into my heard first
who_needs_fangs? wrote: With Emmet right next to her trying to start a family sing-along while Edward has his hands over his ears.
TeamEdward1918 wrote:And Jacob...I'm sure if Renesmee is there he is too, which would explain Rosalie's "pouty face" even more haha....he would probably sing along with Em just to irritate her further :lol:
who_needs_fangs wrote:And Alice badgering Carlisle about how they have to stop at the Mall of America and the Prince of Prussia because everyone's clothes are getting wrinkly - because they're only stopping at National Parks - and ironing is not an option.
TeamEdward1918 wrote:What's Bella and Jazz doing during all this?
I imagine Nessie is having a great laugh at Jacob bothering Rose to death :lol: So at this point, Edward's lips are probably barely twitching at the sides as he looks up to see Jacob plop down next to Rose, and nudging her as he and Em are singing :lol: Her nose wrinkles here, of course
who_needs_fangs? wrote: Bella and Jasper are sitting quietly and reading, because they're the normal ones.

That's right, the empathetic, civil and southern war fighting soldier and the mental mute who fell in love with a vampire and a shapeshifter as a human with low-self esteem and procreated with said vampire are the normal ones

Though Jasper is breaking into giggles occasionally, but that's Jacob's fault.
TeamEdward1918 wrote:*standing ovation* I don't even really want to add to that....you're amazing :lol:

Although I do see Jasper trying to calm Rosalie down, and to that she turns and snaps "Stop that!"
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love your "speculations" there SenorGimp!

Hard to decide which would be better.... :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!