How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by Pel »

Fire away :)
thisheartitbeats1
Settled in Forks

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by thisheartitbeats1 »

in a few ways.

i always read constantly when i was younger, but when i entered high school, my reading was kind of scattered. i'd pick up a book every few months, but that was about it. after i read twilight, i haven't stopped reading since. i remembered just how amazing it really is. [so much better for you than tv anyway! ha.] also, she made me remember how much i love the classics.

also, i've started writing again. something i also stopped doing when i went into high school.

but most of all, she made me realize that just because our boys don't live in the times of good manners and chivalry, we shouldn't lower our expectations and settle just because jerks are the only boys interested at the time. honestly, a lot of guys are getting lazy and disrespectful, and twilight reminded me that just because it's socially acceptable for guys to be idiots doesn't mean that i should accept it. i shouldn't let just any guy slide by with a horrible attitude just because he likes me. i think it's time we raised the bar back up and expected more from the guys of our generation. every girl deserves her own edward, and some seem okay that they're getting a james. not cool.
Last edited by thisheartitbeats1 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
While you were sleeping I figured out everything.
I was constructed for you, and you were molded for me.

banner by ceo07
Monica
Settled in Forks

Post by Monica »

Oh wow. Where to begin?

First off, Stephenie inspired me to read again. I read a lot when I was younger. But between intermediate school and my first few years in high school, I quit reading so that I wouldn't be classified into the nerd type at my school. I was horribly scared of being judged. But reading her series and The Host was probably a blessing from God. No joke. I mean, It reopened my world perspective. I saw things differently, I felt things that I never felt before, I let my guard down for once and just let emotions come to me instead of blocking it. Even though I knew the characters were fictional (or are they...) I felt love. I felt the raw love and it broke me and I cried like a baby through the happy and sad times. Reading these books made me feel human again.

Second, she inspired me to write. Now, it sounds cheesy, but listen to this. I absolutely hate(d) writing. And I was never any good at it. I have a hard time expressing things they way I see them in my head. You can ask my english teachers. They will happily back you up. But she inspired me to be creative and try to let out what is in my head and write it on papers. If she can write a wonderful story from one simple dream, imagine what can come from my head as well?

Third, she raised my standards when it comes to guys. I never really was one to settle for the right guy. I stray far away from dating, because I knew I was attracted to the bad guys. (the james... whoever said that, was genius. I'm borrowing our idea). And since I kept falling for the James type and getting hurt, I blocked off all the possible influences. I grew up knowing I wanted an Edward, yet I knew that fewer and fewer of his type still exist. So instead of just going with this generation of trying to find the most tolerable James type, I know that I will settle for nothing less than Edward.

Fourth, she is just amazing. I can't explain that. I'd be typing forever and ever. But she has definitely been one of the most, if not THE most, positive influence on my life in literature. I owe her so much gratitude. I'm happy that she was put on this earth. :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Monica wrote:Oh wow. Where to begin?

Second, she inspired me to write. Now, it sounds cheesy, but listen to this. I absolutely hate(d) writing. And I was never any good at it. I have a hard time expressing things they way I see them in my head. You can ask my english teachers. They will happily back you up. But she inspired me to be creative and try to let out what is in my head and write it on papers. If she can write a wonderful story from one simple dream, imagine what can come from my head as well?

I feel the same way. I have always had ideas swirling around in my head and I was just never really motivated to write..and I never really thought I was all that great at it (I wished I had paid more attention in English class in middle and high school). So, SM has definitely inspired me to just go for it and write. Once I complete what I am working on now, I am going to try to get it published..I know that there are editors out there that can also help me express my story in a more clear and effective manner.
nirtia
Settled in Forks

Post by nirtia »

Indeed her characters have inspired me. Check out this poem I wrote as a response to TWILIGHT

DANCE OF GRACE

Nirtia
For Bella and Edward

What is it that I can offer; to the treasure I behold
That would melt away the doubts, warm you from my cold.

Just wrap me in your arms; your lips gently pressing mine
And your liquid golden eyes would stop the hands of time

And in that endless moment LOVE, not a single care
I would stay with you; hold you; my fingers in your hair

Say it will not end; this embrace; this closeness that I feel
Protected, adored, secure, I scarce believe it real

How I long to be your dream; But you hold that secret deep
I wonder, DEAR ONE, Am I the man from in your sleep

No you have become much more than my vision in the night
You are my true north which shines the most glorious light

You my precious angel are the beating of my silent heart
Which dances to your rhythm; a cadence set far apart

Then we shall dance my gallant knight of porcelain snow
And twirl to the music that only we two shall know

This is my paradise; my eternity, my existence here with you
My cheek against your cheek; every movement something new.

This is my heaven; my only thought; right here in your embrace
My head against your chest; We dance a dance of endless grace.

What do you think? AM I okay at this poetry thing?
Thanks Stephenie for inspiring me to be creative
princess_sparkle
Settled in Forks

Post by princess_sparkle »

Stephenie has definitely inspired me. The Twilight series made me want to write Fanfiction and I have never looked back. I'm also working on an original story of my own which will probably never leave my notebook, but which I love to write when I'm stressed or bored, and so far have written a hundred or so pages of so far. I've always enjoyed reading, but the Twilight series really made me enjoy writing too... Thanks Stephenie! :mrgreen:
cidluen
Wandering Through Town

Post by cidluen »

Steph has inspired me in many ways, but what's had a decisive impact on my life is that she's written a good story with a pretty decent moral base. See, I'm christian and I don't read most novels about vampires because their content is sometimes against my beliefs, that used make me feel like I haven't read a new vamp tale I could enjoy witout concerns in a while (not since Dracula ;))

So, the Twilight Series is a good example of a great story with vampires any christian can read, in my opinion, at least... What Stepenie did was great, because she proved to me vampire stories don't need to be wrong to be right, if you catch my drift. And, for that, I love her work even more.
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

I'll tell you I have been reading for years now. Huge sagas like the Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire, but this saga has made my wife and me want to leave a mark on the vampire genre. We have started a novel with really cool ideas. I'll let you know if we ever get published. Wish us luck. :geek:
Ebony
Settled in Forks

Post by Ebony »

yes, she did. She inspired me to begin write down all the storys that I had in my head, and when I thought I had lost my reading intrest ( had been reading to many boring books) she got me hooked again. She even got my little sister and big sister, who normaly never reads book to read Twilight within few days. The are so hooked now :lol: . My little sister read New Noon in Norwegian ( just came out) in two days and she has NEVER read a book so fast before. I'm glad that I am read them in English because then I don't need to wait for them to come out in Norwegian, and BTW I think they are better in English ;)
So thanks to Steph, I am reading books again and my sisters are starting to read books.
fang1/3
Settled in Forks

Post by fang1/3 »

if it wasn't for Stephenie I would have never started reading again, I never really read tha many book before but in desperation to fill the Twilight gap I started reading and have come accross some really neat books.
She's also inspired me in my GCSE Art work (I got an A) & I started writing a little story aswell.
she's jsut sorta inspired me to DO things that are more constructive than my usual self =]