Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
gkk
Wandering Through Town

Re: Fan Fic Recommendation Thread

Post by gkk »

WOOT! Coquettishness has a new story out!!!

Pain on Pain

:D :D :D :D :D :D
-gkk (gkkmouse, gkkstitch)

Image Image
raizie
Settled in Forks

Post by raizie »

I just started reading another great fic from the author of Poughkeepsie. It's called

Drink You Alive and takes place before Bella came into the Cullen's lives. It's completely canon, but adds a love interest for Edward named Sasha. I can't wait to read more. This is the summary from the first chapter:

Sasha Duncan is a school teacher that can speak to ghosts. When she has a run in with Dr. Carlisle Cullen and introduces him to his own dead father, her life becomes entwined with his vampire family.

Edward Cullen must read her mind to protect his family, but his interest in her tempts a viscous tracker. Sasha takes her last human breathes in Edward’s cold arms. When Sasha awakens as a blue-eyed vampire, the Cullens must risk everything to see that she survives.

With a tracker and possibly the Volturi seeking the brand new vampire, Edward and Sasha’s tender new love is threatened.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4779491/1/Drink_You_Alive
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

I just read a fan fic that literally made me laugh until I cried. It was Stephenie Meyer and the Renegade Characters by browniechadowes.

Okay, a couple of warnings, first, it is rated M and for good reason. Lots of cursing, lots of innuendos. So, be warned, I wouldn't read it if you are under the age of 15.

Also, it is a parody, so yes it is making fun of Twilight, the characters, and Stephenie Meyer.
In it's defense, it doesn't make fun of anything without due cause. They aren't making fun of anyone/anything just because they can. Everything they said has a valid point. In my opinion, they way you know when you truly love something is when you can make fun of it.

So, links and such:
Stephenie Meyer and the Renegade Characters (Twilight parody): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4753510/1/S ... Characters

Stephenie Meyer and the Glitter of Doom (New Moon parody): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4764544/1/S ... er_of_Doom

Stephenie Meyer and the Triangle of Shippiness (Eclipse parody): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4777922/1/S ... Shippiness

Stephenie Meyer and the Uterus of Steel (Breaking Dawn parody): http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4810195/1/S ... s_of_Steel

Once more I can not stress enough that this fic is rated M for good reason!!
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Melia.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Melia.Cullen »

It's not THAT bad.

I'm 14 and read all of them *shruggs*
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

^^ I know. It's not quite as bad as I made it sound. I'm being overly cautious so I don't get in trouble with the mods. Just use your judgement.

Ali 8-)
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

If anyone wants a complete fanfic to read, Life After Forks is officially complete. Link is in my signature.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Melia.Cullen wrote:It's not THAT bad.

I'm 14 and read all of them *shruggs*
There is nothing wrong with putting lots of warning labels on stuff. Keeps the Mormon kids/kids who live in glass bowls all their lives away so their minds don't get scarred.

And she was right, there is a very good reason its rated M. Yes, its funny, but its dirty and swears to the high heavens. Dear neptune.
Did make me rofl a lot though...
Last edited by dandyvampgirl_13 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

14? Geesh. My future kids are going to understand the meaning of computer filter. No kid of mine will be reading any type of smut ANYTHING.
Melia.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Melia.Cullen »

It's not smut, it just has a lot of swearing.

and i DO know the meaning of a computer filter.

it just doesn't filter out stupid stuff like swearing.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

There may not have been smut, but it was still REALLY DIRTY. *shudders* Just like high school... Eww.