St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: St.Cullen~ Carlisle's Medical Center ~ Team Carlisle

Post by debussygirl »

Knowing what we know about the newborn phase and how Carlisle was as a newborn, do you think it is possible that Carlisle did in fact have a "gift" and that it was the kind of enhanced super self control that people often discuss in relation to Bella?
So I wish I knew where I heard this, but apparently Bella was so self-controlled because she had thought about it when she was human so much, she was prepared for it, opposed to other vampires who it just happened to. But I think that is definitely Carlisle's gift for sure. He wouldn't have been able to be so controlled otherwise.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

debussygirl wrote:Knowing what we know about the newborn phase and how Carlisle was as a newborn, do you think it is possible that Carlisle did in fact have a "gift" and that it was the kind of enhanced super self control that people often discuss in relation to Bella?
So I wish I knew where I heard this, but apparently Bella was so self-controlled because she had thought about it when she was human so much, she was prepared for it, opposed to other vampires who it just happened to. But I think that is definitely Carlisle's gift for sure. He wouldn't have been able to be so controlled otherwise.
This is Carlisle's theory, as explained by Edward. I think it definitely has some merrit.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Agreed. I think the reason nobody ever thought of this as Carlisle's "gift" was because he's always in control, and it just seems natural that he should be that way, except it's not. For someone who fought against vampires along side his father, Carlisle's restrain is incredibly impressive. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Steph told us it was true...

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

Post by rollie715 »

Thanks for letting me join in on these interesting discussions.
I feel somewhat of an outsider as an older male amongst you younger females, but I assure you my obsession is real and healthy, although I am probably not atracted to all the same attributes of Carlisle as you are.

-What inspired you to join Carlisle's Hospital?
I find his character worthy of discussion and emulation.

- What was your first impression of Carlisle?
I watched the Twilight movie before I read the books, so if I remember correctly, his entrance into the hospital room where Bella was being treated was his first introduction to me. Right away, I could see his pleasant, caring demeanor, and the way he used good humor to communicate. His entrance into the room seemed to carry an air of charisma and strength. I especially liked his first response to Bella when she wanted to talk about how amazed she was how Edward had saved her and Carlisle ducked the subject by expressing how lucky she was. My respect and admiration for him grew as I saw or read how he handled other difficult situations with his family.

- What is your favorite Carlisle quality?
He seems to be in complete control of his emotions in that his behavior and decisions are based on his deeply commited perspectives. He sees the positive in people and provides support and encouragement to all when needed. he sees the potential in others and has a very gentle but strong influence without being critical or controlling.

- What is your favorite Carlisle moment and/or quote?
There are many.
In the movie, I like when Edward was sucking out the venom from Bella's arm, and struggling with being able to stop. Carlise who valued human life so greatly, could have physically shoved Edward out of the way and asked the rest of the family to restrain him, but instead calmly asked Edward to find the strength to stop himself. He didn't force his way on Edward, but instead was a powerful influence allowing Edward to find his own strength.
I was also impressed in Midnight Sun, when the Cullen family was discussing what to do about Bella, and a few family members felt she needed to be removed (or killed) and Carlilse was able to remind them all of the commitments they had to respect human life and live the life they each had already embraced.

- What do you think about the casting of Peter Facinelli as Carlisle in the Twilight movie?
In my own mind, Carlisle looks exactly like and acts perfectly as done by Peter Facinelli, however my own obsessions with all the characters seems to center around feeling they are real and I am in their world with them. I don't really care much for the actors themselves except as they portray the characters in this saga. My admiration with who Carlisle is is not related to who Peter is and what he may be involved in outside of the story. This same feeling of awe also extends to some of my other favorite characters such as Edward, Bella, and of course Alice. Though I will admit, Carlisle is my favorite.

- Is there anything you would like to submit for potential topics of discussion?
I would like deeper discussion on how and why he handled some of the other difficult situations, and possibly how we can become more like him.
I realize this thread is already long and I haven't studied it in it's entirety yet.

-Any last confessions concerning your love for Carlisle?
He is truly an example for me on how to be a good husband, father, and friend and servant to all.
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

It's nice to see some new blood here! And some life again...somewhat. Well, let's make a big comeback!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

What inspired you to join Carlisle's Hospital?

Because I genuinely LIKE Carlisle! He is the epitome of goodness and with each book, he grows on you. He is a great head of the family. I get such a nice positive feeling about him - he makes me feel god.

- What was your first impression of Carlisle?

My first impression was in the movie Twilight (I hadn't read the book yet). I was taken aback at how young he was and I thought the Cullen family was weird and we were lead to believe they were to be feared. From the books, it's a completely different impression.

- What is your favorite Carlisle quality?

calm patience

- What is your favorite Carlisle moment and/or quote?

When he is treating Bella after the birthday party accident. I can't remember what he said, but I remember it was profound. Can anyone help me out here?

- What do you think about the casting of Peter Facinelli as Carlisle in the Twilight movie?

Great!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Welcome to rollie715 & Susie!

Susie are refering to the quote in the book or movie? In the book, especially, he has some really great quotes while treating Bella. So I'm just going to refer you to the website twilight-quotes.com and Here is where you can find Carlisle's quotes & can look for the one you're looking for. (I hope that helps!)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I really liked the stitches scene in NM. Of course not as good as the book (nothing really ever is) but it was done really well.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Pennybug84 -
Thanks so much for the link to the quotes!!! There are SO many good ones!

I like the whole stitches scene and many of the quotes, but this quote is especially profound:

If you believed as he did, could you take away his soul?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

You're welcome Susie. I was soo happy when I found that website. It's a good way to try & find a quote fast. :D

And that one is a good Carlisle quote. He has a good way of putting things & it makes you stop and think.

Jenna- I really liked the stiching up scene in NM too. I actually read something a while back where Peter said that scene was cut down in the finaly cut of the movie. So hopefully it'll be on the dvd as an extended scene! He even said his favorite line didn't make it into the final cut.

pc:41
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson