Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Divine Design ~ Team Esme

Post by una »

As long as I have been here, I never knew about the Team Threads and I'm SOOO a Team Esme, she is my kindred spirit!

What is your first impression of Esme? The ultimate mother and friend.

What is your favorite Esme quality? Her gentle compassionate/loving nature.

Favorite Esme moment? Toss up between when she meets Bella.

Any last Esme thoughts? I just love how she built the cottage for Bella, doing everything she felt Bella would love. She really does care and take time to know her children and give them something she made, lovingly, just for them, their taste and style, but Esme's creativity and hard work woven together in her love for them.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

UNA!!!! Welcome!! Hugs!!!

I am so psyched you want to be here. :D :D

I will find a horrid house for us to re-do just for you!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Sounds fantastic! I'm definitely into historic preservation and home renovation. I love watching DYI and HGTv! How about you?

I think if I ever met Esme, we'd have so much to talk about! I wonder what her favorite flower is. I love roses and I have a GREAT rose garden that is my pride and joy.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Wish I could show you my garden. I have the pics on facebook, but not on photobucket yet. We have restored 7 homes in our 22 years, and this current one was the worst of the lot. We bought it off the internet, and I didn't even see it until we closed on the house. My realtor was SO nervous she was sweating bullets.
Hey, it had a big kitchen, the right number of toilets, and enough bedrooms, so we figured "How bad could it be?" :o :shock:
I could write a book on how bad it was. However, it's perfect for us now.

Maybe I will try to photobucket some of my flowers and rooms and such. Could be fun to share notes! :)
una

Post by una »

Oh, my dear, I know what you mean! We've only owed this fixer upper and it was way worse than we thought. A disreputable contractor owned it before us. Illegally made improvements (including turning it into a duplex) and hid a bunch of non-compliant code things behind drywall! It was a nightmare. All we have left to do is the kitchen. We've owned the house nine years (hubby moved in three months before we married). It's been a true labor of love.
The Real Esme Cullen
Keeping the boys honest

Post by The Real Esme Cullen »

Warmest wishes to you all!

I am absolutely touched that there is a thread here in my honor! As you can see, I am Esme, proud wife of Carlisle Cullen and mother to Edward, Bella, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice and Jasper as well as blessed grandmother to Renesmee. The lovely people on the Emmett thread pointed me in this direction. How are you all doing? I hope this note finds you all well.

Thank you so much for this lovely thread and all the kind words you've shared about me. I'm truly touched.

Fondly,
Esme Cullen
Earning sainthood by raising five teenagers for eternity.
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Hello, Kayla and Una! (I'm Hannah, by the way...)

ok, guess what? Esme just made a guest appearance to us on EDC!!! It is wonderfully exciting.

Anyway, we need a question.

If you could say anything to Esme, what would it be?

I know it's probably been asked before, but I'm curious.

Toodles!

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
una

Post by una »

ESME!!! I hope you come back!

Thanks for the welcome, Willowtree! I'd have been here sooner if I knew this thread existed!

If you could say anything to Esme, what would it be? Great question and good timing with (hopefully) Esme on here. I would ask her, what was the most damage the kids have ever done in the house? We know you enjoy home improvement and gardening, but do you enjoy cooking even though you do not eat the food?
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Esme!! How cool is that? Come back to us... :cry:
Una: we must own the same house! Ours was illegally divided into a duplex and then a triplex. He got into so much trouble, but we were left with the mess. The contracting company of Larry, Curly, and Mo (the Three Stooges for the younger crowd) did the work for him. When I plugged in the vacuum on the second floor, the oven would blow a fuse. Go figure.

I think Esme would love more traditional flowers in natural settings

What would I say to Esme?
Give me some good discipline advise! Please! My teens are driving me nuts!
The Real Esme Cullen
Keeping the boys honest

Post by The Real Esme Cullen »

Ms. Openhome, I can understand your frustration, I am not sure that I have the best of advice but I can share what works in my home. The teen years can be the most challenging and yet the most rewarding as your young ones develop into the adults they were destined to be. I have found the allowance of privileges works best. As they behave and are responsible young adults, they gain them. However, if their behavior lacks something to be desired, they lose them. But most of all, I found that they know we have their best interests at heart and no matter what mistakes they make, we'll still love them; lack of privileges and all.

Ms. Una, it would shock you the damage the children can do. In fact some memories are almost painful, the first house I built for Rosalie and Emmett. My goodness, we lost the entire second floor. The house was a complete shambles. Then, there was the time, after Alice and Jasper joined our family. Jasper was finally becoming accustomed to our ways and each other when Emmett challenged him to a wrestling match. Goodness, you can't imagine the devastation they left in their wake. I cannot recall who won the match, but it was a blessing to see them getting along so well.

I enjoy an English garden but I also have a fondness for the beauty of a wilderness garden.
Earning sainthood by raising five teenagers for eternity.