Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by VirginiaMay »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
What do you think Edward thought when he saw Bella the first time in Voltera? I mean after he realized he wasn't dead.

Hello, first post on this thread for me. So, HI!! :D This is probably going back a few weeks and topics for y'all, but I had to throw this out there.
If I could sum up the complexity of feelings and thoughts going through Edward's mind the moment he really saw that a living, breathing, Bella was in his arms; it would be simply this:

"Oh, I am fortune's fool."

Second totally random thing, I found out the most disturbing news on Friday. Apparently, my sister is a wolf girl! :cry:
How could this be??
My baby sister (okay she's 29 but still), the one who insisted I read Twilight to begin with, turns out to have a thing for that snarky wolf!! How do I go on?? *dramatic sigh*
Twilight_Obsessor
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilight_Obsessor »

I got that edition too! The one with the Edward fastforward :D we need a new question... * thinks if new question* ok here's a a simple one:

Why are you on Team Edward?

I would answer my own question but that would take forever especially on my iPod! Maybe later ;)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Twilight_Obsessor wrote:Why are you on Team Edward?
Yeesh... you couldn't pick a more difficult question to ask, and I don't know how to explain.
But i'm trying....

first off, from the moment Jacob started to behave rudely towards Bella about how he wanted her to be in love with him I didn't like him much, so I would never be team Jacob... ( that's the easy part)
second, Edward holds some mysterie I believe every woman is looking for in a man, a bit of a dark side, beautiful, a nice family bond, wisdom, and a shocker smile. From the moment Bella descrips him in the book you can't help but fall in love with him...
And next to all that he is perfectly behaved, opening doors, paying for diner, thinking about a girls virtue, are just some of them. I mean you try and find a man that hadn't have a girl in a hundred or so year and not wanting to jump in your nickers.. ;)
I never ever doubted my team Edward choice, if Bella didn't want him, I'll take him.... :lol:
VirginiaMay wrote:Second totally random thing, I found out the most disturbing news on Friday. Apparently, my sister is a wolf girl!
How could this be??
My baby sister (okay she's 29 but still), the one who insisted I read Twilight to begin with, turns out to have a thing for that snarky wolf!! How do I go on?? *dramatic sigh*
Weird... I usually find the older girls on team Edward... It's mostly the young girls who are team Dog, and that is mostly thanx to Taylor, and his abs...
I have the same problems with two of my close movie friends, they were all team Edward after twilight, but then the dog with abs showed up and they are team Jacob....even after reading eclipse... I told them to read eclipse and see how annoying Jacob is, but it didn't work....
Ah well, here at least we have true team Edward girls
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Hi, VirginiaMay! Nice to see you on Team Edward :)

For me, it was never a choice. I never once considered being Team Taycob. Twilight is a story mainly about Edward and Bella. For me, there was and always will be Bella and Edward, and no other option. Jacob helped her through some tough times and were a good friend. And also a pain in you-know-what... The dog is simply a bi-character, and nothing more.

Edward on the other hand has all these appealing qualities. He is gorgeous, intelligent and has manners. He is selfless, caring and gentle.

I fell in love with Edward from the start, and even more so after reading MS. Like Marielle, I can't really explain what makes me Team Edward. I just...am...

marielle wrote:I have the same problems with two of my close movie friends, they were all team Edward after twilight, but then the dog with abs showed up and they are team Jacob....
Yeah, that is really something that I don't understand. If they have read the saga and were Team Edward, how can that change just because of some abs.... Sure the kid has worked hard, and the abs are definitely something...But come on...If you've read and love the saga, something like that should not matter at all.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Dovrebanen wrote:
marielle wrote:I have the same problems with two of my close movie friends, they were all team Edward after twilight, but then the dog with abs showed up and they are team Jacob....

Yeah, that is really something that I don't understand. If they have read the saga and were Team Edward, how can that change just because of some abs.... Sure the kid has worked hard, and the abs are definitely something...But come on...If you've read and love the saga, something like that should not matter at all.
SO, I think this is what happened with my sister. She read the book in 2006 or 2007, long before the casting of the film actors. She was totally thrown by the actors played to portray Bella and Edward, although we both agree that abs or no, Taylor is a perfect Jacob and always has been. She even went so far as to say that the movie version of Twilight RUINED the Saga for her altogether. :o

I guess she thinks that Kristen "looks like a dude"?? And, she was a part of the group that adores Harry Potter and went, "WTH? Cedric Diggory!?!" She doesn't see Rob as talented or attractive, so she says. I think she just hates being like everybody else and she's just swimming in a river in Egypt... you know, da-nile?

Well, at least I have you all to comfort me in my grief. Tehehe!! :lol:

edwardorbust
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardorbust »

Hello everyone!

My favorite thing about Edward is that his love for Bella, at the very core of it, is selfless and focused strictly on her happiness and what's best for her. I mean, c'mon, I'll leave you no matter how far into the depths of despair my world is thrown just to give you the opportunity to live a normal life and save your eternal soul? What other guy would do that for you?
Jacob, on the other hand, has a more selfish, invasive love. I will give credit where credit is due. He was there for her when she needed him most and helped her through a time that could have damaged her emotionally and mentally beyond repair. But. How many times does a girl need to say "its always been him" before you get the hint and back off?
Bella does nothing to really help the situation by leading him on the way she did. And Jacob is immature enough to not care that she's just leading him on.
Truth be told, I think Edward got jipped by falling so deep for someone who just plays with him for a while so she can figure out what she really wants.

VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

edwardorbust wrote:Hello everyone!

Truth be told, I think Edward got jipped by falling so deep for someone who just plays with him for a while so she can figure out what she really wants.

Uh huh, let me give that an AMEN!!

That statement is absolutely true, Edward deserved better, far better. Frankly, so did Jacob but he decided to play dirty, so what goes around comes around I guess. I think Edward's big problem was that he was his own worst enemy, he's like the king of self-fulfilling prophecies! Seriously, if he'd just stopped fighting things a lot of junk never would have happened. Still, it wouldn't have changed Bella's underlying character and personality, the same character and personality that caused her to TURN DOWN Edward's proposal! Did anyone else want to backhand her the first time they read that?? I did! :lol:
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I am sure my answer has already been mentioned. But when I first started reading Twilight Edward pulled me in. I felt he was a hero and was looking out for Bella's best interest. Whenever he spoke I held my breath because yes he was a perfect gentlemen who expressed such passionate feelings that all of us love to hear.
Banner by TammyAZ
Twilight_Obsessor
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilight_Obsessor »

Ok I read some of the comments and decided to answer my own question.

Edward is the best man you could ever ask for. He's caring, sweet, sensitive, he protects Bella and most importantly he respects Bella and treats her right. He just wants Bella to be happy and to do whatever is right for her. Even if that means choosing Jacob. Only someone who truly loves and cares for you would be so selfless as to do that. He loves her unconditionally and I think that just great. He will always love Bella no matter what. I could go on forever!

Anyway, all I have to say about people who are on team Jacob just because the guy who plays him is hot is this. If you were really a true fan you would realized that
1. The movie is just based on the book.
2. Taylor Lautner just plays Jacob.
3. It's called reading people!!!

The book is the original twilight the way it was intended to be interpreted. You can't see people in books and that's so great. Besides the way Stephenie Meyer describes Edward... Wow!

I just think that people should be able to separate the book from the movie.

PS I can't believe Jacob and Bella won the cutesy couple award at the KCA's. It should have been Edward.

diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Sorry just had to add somethings.
Yes I do believe Edward was religous because of his strong opinion about his soul and Bella's. If he was not. his feelings would not be so torn.
Edward's ability to love Bella as he does makes me Team Edward all the way. The purity of his love is something so great it just sucks you into the story and it broke my heart in Eclipse the way he was treated. I posted this in HH so to those who haven't seen it yet it is my idea of Edwards POV on his love for Bella
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001