Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by corona »

Did anyone else notice this concerning Jacob? For some reason it popped into my head when I was thinking about the motorcycle scene in the Eclipse movie. Quotes are taken from the book.

Regarding Victoria in Ch 3 of EC:

"You didn’t tell her?” Jacob asked, his eyes widening with disbelief. “What, were you afraid she’d take our side?"

&

Jacob was staring at us with incredulous eyes. “You didn’t tell her anything at all, did you? Is that why you took her away? So she wouldn’t know that—"

&

Jacob raised his eyebrows, but made no other move. “Why haven’t you told her?"

Flashback to Epilogue of NM:

"Just one more thing,” Edward said to me, and then he looked at Jacob. “We’ve found no trace of Victoria on our side of the line—have you?"

"The last time was while Bella was...away. We let her think she was slipping through—we were tightening the circle, getting ready to ambush her—"

Funny thing, isn't it? It's OK for Jacob to hold onto info concerning an actual Victoria incident for over a month, but God forbid Edward takes precautions based on a prediction from Alice.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Corona~ It's one more double standard that Jacob has regarding Edward. He doesn't see what he does as any kind of wrong, but all the while, he is trying to turn everything Edward does against him, trying to paint him in a bad light in front of Bella. It's no different than his crazy about the Cullen's not being alive, or him being the "human" choice. It's semantics and point of view, smoke and mirrors. In the end, he can't deal with being second best, so he has to lash out like a three-year-old having a temper tantrum. As if we needed more, just another stack on the pile that is the list of one million one reasons whe Edward will always be the better choice.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Corona & Jazz girl that's true, I agree!! I didn't notice that info about Victoria, but why is it that Jacob can have secrets, but Edward can't? Edward was protecting Bella and he was only looking out for her safety, but Jacob only likes having information that he can use against the Cullens, especially Edward!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

corona:Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed that before. Now I can add it to my list of why I don't like the dog. :lol:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

One last issue I have with Jacob, and then I'll shut up...for a while.

Out of everything, I suppose there were two things I didn't like. One was after the imprinting, when he couldn't even acknowledge that it was a sensitive issue with huge ramifications for everyone. I understand he had no control over it, but his "in your face" attitude was just too much; it couldn't have hurt anything just to understand that people would have been put out over it and that everyone needs a bit of time to adjust.

My primary issue was at the end of Eclipse. Despite all of the digs at Edward and piling on the guilt for Bella, I can forgive everything if he is actually serious about "being good" and just being Bella's friend from now on. If that is the case, then I can grit my teeth and let him unload one last time. His very words indicate that he knows what path he should take from this point forward, and that it is the mature and ultimately most loving thing he could do for Bella. The King Solomon allusion is a bit rich, but I can grit my teeth all the same.

And then we get the wedding in Breaking Dawn. Wow.

"He cradled our hands to his chest; I could feel his heart beat under my palm, and I guessed that he hadn’t placed my hand there accidentally."

Right. From. The. Beginning. And it goes downhill from there.

This is why I loathe Jacob. It was all just a game. He meant none of his words when he told Bella he was going to be good. And here I had forgiven him, and he made a fool out of everyone, myself included. Fool me once...
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Corona~ This has actualy been a bone of contention between the Jacob-ites and the rest of us for a good long while. There are some out there who argue that he did, in fact, "give up" when Bella walked out the door at the end of Eclipse, pointing out that it was, in fact, Edward who invited him to the wedding and that he showed up just to be there for his friend. But, I am completely 100% in agreement with you. Edward even risks his most perfect moment with his Bella, his wedding day, to put her needs ahead of his, to make his Bella absolutely blissful on that day. But, Jacob's actions at the wedding were in no way those of a friend. He may not have showed up with the intention of being a spoiled brat, but that's exactly what happened. A friend might show up, give a congratulatory hug or handshake, maybe even share a dance. And then he turns on his heel and leaves before anything can go wrong. He avoids any and all manner of landmine issues, keeping to light pleasantries and platitudes. But, no, Jacob, once there, just can't resist. He immediately starts with the comments that he knows will kick Bella's guilt complex into high gear, then steps into the #1 issue that he has ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS discussing. I mean, how is her honeymoon any of his concern? Friend or no, best friend or no, wants-to-be-the-one-wedding-nighting-with-Bella or no, that is NOT a subject that is any of his business!! And for him to physically threaten Bella AND Edward??? I have never felt so much rage towards a literary character in my life than I did reading that! And for people to turn around and actually try to convince me, after that, that Jacob had given up and he was just being a friend?!?!?! No way, uh-uh, no how, no sir! Can you imagine the roles being reversed if, *shuddercoughgag* Jacob had been the *gag* groom? Grrrrrrrrr. *pictures Isle Esme and finds a happy place* Okay, better now.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Preach it, Jazz Girl! Preach it, my sister!! :amen:
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Corona and Jazz Girl you two have both said very beautiful words! :lol: I agree with everything that was said from you two! I couldn't have said it better myself!

There are soo many things that I can't stand about Jacob! I think I could probably go on and on with the many reasons why I'll never respect him!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hm ...

Okay, I am Team Edward, not Team Switzerland. Just wanted to say that right up front. Also, I haven't had time to read all the pages, so sorry if I've missed things I should have read.

But I think that there are a few more reasons for Jacob to have done the things you have just mentioned that I would like to raise.

For a start, with him not giving the info about Victoria to Edward, you've got to remember that he views Edward and the Cullens as an evil every bit as great as Victoria. Victoria is vampire intent on taking Bella's life. Jake believes that one of the Cullens will take Bella's life too, either accidentally, or by transforming her into a vampire, which Jake thinks is a fate worse than death. Why would he share the information on Victoria with people he regards as the enemy? Even if this is a mutual enemy, he doesn't trust them any more than he trusts Victoria. I think it unlikely he considers them capable of stopping Victoria.

And of course, he believes that Bella deserves to know the truth about everything. The only reason he didn't tell her about his werewolf secret straight off is because Sam had given him an Alpha order that prevented him from doing so. Even then, he did his best to get around it. He believes, rightly or wrongly, that she should know it all. And of course, he's jealous. He's going to take every opportunity to needle Edward.

Also with the honeymoon thing, he only asks when she is going to be transformed. Even then, he's trying to be good about it (as good as he gets). Bella is the one who mentions the honeymoon, and given that Edward and Carlisle (and probably the rest of the Cullens) realise that it's extremely dangerous for Bella to be having a proper honeymoon with Edward, Jake's reaction is not surprising. He thinks she's going to die. If you're in love with someone, you're going to react that way if they do something you think is likely to kill them. And you're going to threaten the person you think is likely to do the killing, especially if you already hate him.
l_amazone
Settled in Forks

Post by l_amazone »

Hello there, I'm new in town, and I'm glad to join the team Edward!

I am so sorry to answer so old questions, but I can't help it! Do you mind?

JenTheWriter wrote: Say Bella didn't exist. What female human (ones that we were introduced to in the series) would you think would be the best match for Edward?
It's really a rhetorical question, because to catch Edward's attention, you have to be his "tua cantante" and have a sealed mind... Not so many girls, right?
Do you really think Edward would have notice Bella without those specificities? I'm not sure.

I finally answer the question: Angela is for me the only human girl that could match Edward (in the saga). It's the only girl who is enough natural, kind, unselfish. And good for her, she will be able to wear heels!
Bella: Jacob, it won't stay up!
Jacob: It will once you start moving!

The motorbike, of course! What were you thinking, Dude?