Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by corona »

Good point, JG. My opinion was that this was going to be a timing issue with Bella. It isn't a part of her natural character, so it was going to take a while for her to warm up. I think it is questionable whether or not she takes to the Ferrari in the near future. That doesn't mean she will be like that for centuries.

I put her more in the Alice category, someone who doesn't really need to have their own car, until she does.

The Ferrari itself isn't practical, UNLESS you really need speed and handling. I think that's what got Alice, she really needed that Porsche (well, everyone did) at that particular time, and then and there decided she wasn't going to go without one from that point forward.

That's what I think is blocking Bella from immediately taking to it, she doesn't see it as practical, it's too flashy, so she doesn't have any interest in it. The only two things I can think of that would change her mind is if Edward starts putting a little pressure on her to take it out and something clicks with Bella, or if she is faced with an emergency situation (ala Alice) where the Ferrari's speed and handling suddenly becomes critical (and therefore, practical).

If I was betting on Bella alone, I would give her about a 20% to 30% chance of taking to it on her own.

If SM writes any more stories, bump that up to 80% to 90%, because I think SM would find some way to force Bella into driving it and then getting attached to it.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hello everyone! I had such a busy year off at college so I didn't get much time to properly post here :( so I wanted to stop by to show some support for Edward.

I don't mean to jump into a discussion with something so off topic like that lol so sorry about that!
Jazz Girl wrote:Well, not to throw a monkey in the wrench here... well, yeah that's exactly what I want to do. Remember, a big part of her connection to the truck was that little connection to the mongrel. Once she was turned and free of the dog-Ness pull, she was more than fine letting that connection to her past go. As for the choice of her "after" car, I think we forget that she would continue to change, adjust and find that her new body and new senses allowed her to enjoy things that she hadn't before. She seemed more than willing to change her variety of dress once she got comfortable with her new body (an example is what she wears to meet with Jenks) Sometimes, I think people forget that Edward did have a century of dealing with the change, of watching it happen to others, of seeing how their tastes and understandings and perceptions changed as they adjusted to their second life. Sure, maybe he rushed it a bit. But, can you honestly blame the man for wanting to remove one more tie between his mate/wife and the boy who wanted him dead?
I was reading over the posts and don't really have anything new to add since so many great points have already been made, but I do have to agree with you Jazz Girl! The truck belonged to Jacob once upon a time and that plays a big factor on why the Cullens wouldn't want Bella to have it!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hmmm, we have another birthday coming up in a few days. Any chance a certain someone will be taking questions again this year? After all, Bilbo Baggins thought his eleventy-first birthday (111) was pretty special.

Quick link to last year's birthday special:

http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... =73&t=6743
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

corona wrote:Hmmm, we have another birthday coming up in a few days. Any chance a certain someone will be taking questions again this year? After all, Bilbo Baggins thought his eleventy-first birthday (111) was pretty special.

Quick link to last year's birthday special:

http://forum.twilightlexicon.com/viewto ... =73&t=6743
You know... I was wondering that myself, Corona. Guess we'll have to wait patiently & see. :)
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Looks like it isn't happening. Oh, well.

Happy eleventy-first Birthday, Edward, and send my regards to Bella, Nessie, and the entire family today.

And give a Milk Bone to you-know-who.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Sorry guys!!
I'm the only one around, and I'm packing for the HH CON in Chicago.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'm guessing everyone's tied up with the HH Con!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I know I'm a bit late to post here since it's already night time, but Happy birthday Edward! I've said it so many times today lol, but I just had to post it here too before the day is over :D!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^