Cullenism #2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Cullenism #2

Post by Nena »

As you were.

Religion: Cullenism

Holy Book: Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (Even more to come)

Originated: On the Twilight Lexicon

Founder: Felicia

Holy Day: Monday

Lex Odyssey Question #4
What is the name of Bella's math teacher?

a) Mr Banner --> page 6, post 5, line 2, word 9
b) Mr Varner --> page 10, post 1, line 3, word 14
c) Mr Connor --> page 2, post 3, line 6, word 2
d) Mr Clapp --> page 4, post 2, line 7, word1
e) Mr Mason --> page 3, post 3, line2, word 5

Important Days:
- January 18 - Meet Day - Bella and Edward met
- March 5 - Legend Day - Jake tells Bella about the "cold" ones
- March 11 - Werewolf Day - Bella realizes Jake is werewolf
- March 12 - Meadow Day - Edward takes Bella to the Meadow
- March 20 - Volturi Day - Alice and Bella go to the Volturi
- June 20 - Edward Day - Edward's Birthday
- September 13 - Bella Day - Bella's Birthday
- September 15 - Leaving Day - A day of mourn

Sacrifices:
- Lauren
- Jessica
- Mike

Sacred Places:
- Forks, Washington
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Chicago, Illinois (Edward's birthplace)
- Rochester, New York (Rosalie's birthplace)
- London, England (Carlisle's birthplace)
- Columbus, Ohio (Esme's birthplace)
- Texas (Jasper's birthplace)
- Biloxi, Mississippi (Alice's birthplace)
- Tennessee (Emmett's birthplace)
- Denali, Alaska (Where the Denali Coven live)
- Volterra, Italy

Beliefs:
- Edward and the rest of the Twilight cast is real.
- Stephenie Meyer is the (or one of the) best authors.
- Twilight and New Moon should be worshiped.
- If you are good in life, then you will be blessed with eternity with the Cullens; If you are bad, then you will go to James' Cave

Prayer:
Ephenie-stay, y-may ady-lay, e-way ay-pay omage-hay oo-tay our-yay authoring-ay, and-ay all-ay ighty-may aracter-chays. Ilight-tway all-shay orever-fay e-bay y-may avorite-fay eries-say, and-ay, our-ay oly-hay ook-bay.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Cullenism #2

Post by navarre »

Amen. :D

Yay!! A shiny new thread. Hello, hello, hello? *echo*

Anyway, major blessings on this new thread.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Welcome, one and all, to the Second Thread of Cullenism.

First, a quick blessing...

May the great sage, Stephenie Meyer, continue to bless us with her wisdom and foresight.
May our revered ones continue to bless us with their inspiration and all of the gifts they bring to our lives.
And may we, the faithful, continue to spread the joy and truth of Cullenism far and wide.
In the name of all Cullens, we humbly ask these things.

Also, I christen this new thread with a bit of tradition. As you all know, all great faiths must adapt to include new information and new traditions. With this revision, some of the original tenets from Felicia at the creation of the thread, were left in place. But, much is updated, as well . Enjoy.

Holy Text: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Blessed Encyclicals of Stephenie Meyer (aka TwiLex PCs). True believers always have at least one holy book with them at all times. The text commonly referred to as Dark High Noon is considered optional supplemental reading material until such time as the sage chooses to bless us with a complete and published edition.

Pillars of Cullenism:
1) Vampires and shape-shifters and other mythical creatures are real and walk amongst us every day.
2) The Cullen family are leaders in an enlightened community where humans and mythical creatures of all kinds can coexist peacefully.
3) As humans in the know, we are honor bound to protect the secrets of the mythical creatures we revere.
4) Stephenie Meyer is the most wise of sages and story tellers. Through her wisdom, she has gifted us with the stories of the Cullens, which we hold as Blessed Text and High Truth.
5) If one leads a good life, he or she may be blessed with eternity with the Cullens. If one leads an evil life, than they are are left to a mortal death. The truly evil may meet that death in a painful and dismembering way through chance encounters with Nomads or at the hands of the Volturi.

Our Blessed Ones:
Carlise Cullen~ our high leader. Revered for his compassion, wisdom, and understanding.
Stephenie Meyer~ our sage. Revered for her dedication for sharing the truth and telling us our stories.
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen~ our brother and teacher. Revered for his strength of will and unbounded love.
Isabella Marie Swan Cullen~ our sister and teacher. Revered for her open heart and acceptance of all.
Renesmee Carlie Cullen~ our faith sister. Honored for her gift of bringing enemies to a common ground, and also as a bridge between our two worlds.
Esme Anne Platt Evenson Cullen~ our faith mother. Revered for her nurturing love and fierce mothering.
Mary Alice Brandon Cullen~ our faith sister. Revered for her vision and unbridled joy in life.
Jasper Whitlock Hale~ our faith brother. Revered for his calming influence and protectiveness.
Rosalie Lillian Hale~ our faith sister. Revered for her tenacity and beauty.
Emmett McCarty Cullen~ our faith brother. Revered for his strength and enthusiasm.

Other Revered Figures:
Jacob Black~ our protector and liason to the wolves. Honored for his dedication to the family.
The Denalis; Kate, Tanya, Eleazar and Carmen~ our extended family. Honored for their reverence for human life and dedication to the compassionate vampire life.

Holy Day: Saturday. Cullenists do not attend formal worship services. In stead we honor the day by reciting our high prayer first thing in the morning and by reading from the holy text at least once during the day. We then recite the high prayer before turning in for the evening.

High Prayer:(Many thanks to SlightlyObsessed. In all my musings, I could not come up with anything better. I tweaked a little. I hope you do not mind. )
In the Cullen name, I pray that my faith endure.
I pray to Jasper, patron saint of emotion, to grant me serenity, peace and contentment.
I pray to Emmett, patron saint of strength & dedication, for protection against mine enemies.
I ask Esme, patron saint of kindness & nurturing, to take my woes and give me comfort.
I pray to Alice & Rosalie, patronesses of truth and beauty, to grant me knowledge, understanding and good fortune.
I pray to Bella, patron saint of acceptance, to grant my heart be open and understanding of all.
I pray to Edward, patron saint of love, that he may shine his eternal love upon me.
And, to the most high Carlisle, I ask that he bless me with wisdom, self-control and the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and to always choose the right.
I ask all these in Stephenie Meyer's name.

Blessed Symbol:
The Cullen Crest~ Believers can display the holy sign in whatever form they deem appropriate for them.

Sacraments:
Sacrament of First Reading~ The first step toward accepting Cullenism. A believer must complete a full reading of all four novels.
Sacrament of Deeper Understanding~ Through a thorough reading of the Blessed Encyclicals of Stephenie Meyer, a believer answers their own questions about the unwritten truthes in the saga.
Sacrament of Declaration~ Every Cullenist must affirm their true faith through a public recitation of the following prayer:
I am a Cullenist. With faith and love, I honor the sage Stephenie Meyer, praising her for her gift of
knowledge. I honor Carlisle, our leader, praising him for his compassion and patience. I honor Edward, our
brother and teacher. I praise him for his love and strength of will. I honor Bella, our sister and teacher. I
praise her for her love and open heart. I honor our other teachers; Esme for her fierce love, Alice
for her vision and joy, Jasper for his serenity and loyalty, Rosalie for her tenacity, and Emmett for his
strength and ease of heart. I am a Cullenist.
Sacrament of Home Pilgramage~ Every Cullenist, at least once in their lifetime, must make a pilgrimage to our most holy city of Forks, Washington.
Sacrament of Love Pilgrimage~ Cullenists who marry or take a mate can choose to have their love blessed through a pilgrimage to our second high city, Isle Esme.

Calendar of Days of Honor:
January 18th~ Meeting Day; The day Bella and Edward first meet.
March 6th~ Legend Day; The day Jacob shares the Quilleute legends with Bella.
March 12th~ Day of the Wolves; The day Jacob confirms for Bella the existence of shapeshifters and that he is in fact a werewolf (of sorts )
March 13th~ Meadow Day; The day Edward takes Bella to his secret and beautiful meadow, declaring his feelings and wishes for their future together. It is also the day he decides he can, in fact, be with her without killing her. In Cullenism, this is our equivalent of Valentine's Day to the rest of the world.
March 22nd~ Salvation Day; The day Bella and Alice save Edward from dying by his own hand and from the Volturi in Italy.
June 14th~ Day of Rings; The day Edward officially proposes to Bella and she accepts. (The only reason this is considered a less lucky day to get engaged is because of Bella's hesitance to actually do so. That's why we consider the Festival of Edward & Bella a luckier day; that day she actually realizes how much she wants to marry him. Silly girl.)
June 20th~ Edward's Feast; Edward's birthday.
August 13th~ Festival of Edward & Bella; The wedding day. In Cullenism, this is the best, luckiest and most blessed day to get engaged or married.
September 10th~ Renesmee's Feast; Renesmee's birthday. In Cullenism, this is also a day we celebrate future possibilities, honoring the whole new world of futures that Renesmee opened with her arrival.
September 13th~ Bella's Feast/Day of New Life ; Bella's birthday. In Cullenism, this is also a day we celebrate transformation and change; kind of like our Spring Equinox. We honor new life and new possibilities.
September 16th~ Leaving Day; The day Edward leaves Bella to save her from himself (stupid boy). In Cullenism, this is our day of atonement, assuaging our grief by making up for past wrongs.
December 29th~ Confrontation Day; The day of the final (?) battle between the Cullens and their allies and the Volturi.

** The calendar was determined through careful examination of our holy texts. If anyone can show reason why my calculations might be incorrect, please feel free to correct me. After all, high priestesses aren't perfect.

I tossed back and forth about including prayers for each high day. I decided against it as it would make this post just astronomically long and probably lead the mods to defrock me. I have spent an absurd amount of time putting way too much thought into this. If there is anything I left out, it was unintentional and I probably have it in my journal somewhere. Just ask. Enjoy, mark your calendars, say prayers, bask in the faith.

A few closing thoughts;

Happy Birthday to Ms. Elizabeth Reaser, the human embodiment of our faithmother Esme. May Esme's true spirit continue to inspire her.

As a reminder, our next high day of celebration is approaching rapidly; June 20th, Edward's Feast. Keep eyes out for party details.

Sister MiniMe, Keeper of the Names, I now task you with posting the ever growing list of the faithful.

Carlisle's Blessings Upon You All~
Last edited by Jazz Girl on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Thank you High Priestess for that wonderful opening post of yours and the blessing.

Below is the list of all the active Cullenists, in alphabetical order:

Our High Priestess, Caryn (Jazz Girl)
The High Priestess' High Protector, David (ringswraith)
Keeper of the Names, Ashley (♥midnight_ sun♥)
Adrielle (cassis_rose)
Ali (JazpersGrl)
Blue (BlueWolf)
Bri (Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3)
Chloe (threethings)
Christy (navarre)
Deb (despoina92)
Derek (DudeRocksTheTwilight)
Emily (vampirenerd)
Jade (Jadey)
Jen (JenTheWriter)
Julie (JulieM)
Kiki (KikiMasenCullen)
Kristiner/Kristina (DarkMuse)
Naureen (who_needs_fangs?)
Rem (Remmett_Until_Dusk)
Sandy (twilightsagaaddict)
Trine (Dovrebanen)

And, as our High Priestess said, our next high day is this Saturday, otherwise known as Edward's birthday.

~Carlisle's Blessings Upon Us All
Last edited by ♥midnight_sun♥ on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Excellent update, High Priestess - very thorough and a big help with so many things going on in Cullenism.

On another note, it occurred to me that I posted before you had a chance to bless this new and shiny thread. I hope I have not offended you or our patron saints of Cullenism. If so, please accept my humble and sincerest apologies as I did not think about it at the time.

Blessings in the name of Cullen
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

Hello fellow Cullenists! How exciting to have a new thread.

What a great way to celebrate Edward's birthday this weekend. Do we have any info. on that yet?
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

Hey Cullenists!

Sorry to butt in and interrupt, but I come here on behalf of the Garage (AKA Team Rosalie) to invite all of you to our upcomingparty!

This'll be a great chance to hang out with old friends and even make some new ones!

If you have any questions please PM me.

I hope to see you there,
Ted, 2nd In Command
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

A lovely Tuesday to you all.

Christy~ Worry not, Sister. No offense was intended or taken. You just win the Bozo Button (that's a good thing by the way! :D ) for being First on the Second Thread. And, believe me, our patrons understand the "You snooze, you loose: nature of our lives very well. :lol:

Ted~ Thanks for the invite. I am sure many of our number will join you.

Julie~ I am going back and perusing the previous thread to hopefully bring together all of those details we compiled. I am hoping to post on Friday.

Carlisle's Blessings Upon Us All~
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

A wonderful Tuesday to all.
A beautiful new thread for us to bask in the glory of our faith.
Amen. And I would like to finish my post off with the holy prayer.

High Prayer:(Many thanks to SlightlyObsessed. In all my musings, I could not come up with anything better. I tweaked a little. I hope you do not mind. )
In the Cullen name, I pray that my faith endure.
I pray to Jasper, patron saint of emotion, to grant me serenity, peace and contentment.
I pray to Emmett, patron saint of strength & dedication, for protection against mine enemies.
I ask Esme, patron saint of kindness & nurturing, to take my woes and give me comfort.
I pray to Alice & Rosalie, patronesses of truth and beauty, to grant me knowledge, understanding and good fortune.
I pray to Bella, patron saint of acceptance, to grant my heart be open and understanding of all.
I pray to Edward, patron saint of love, that he may shine his eternal love upon me.
And, to the most high Carlisle, I ask that he bless me with wisdom, self-control and the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and to always choose the right.
I ask all these in Stephenie Meyer's name.

Amen.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Hello to all fellow Cullenists! Wow, new thread! Seems like I've lots of catching up to do.

Sydney is a wonderful place, and not to mention, cold. Really enjoyed myself there.

Carlisle's blessings to all~
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle