EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Hey Kat, I love your new banner! I spotted it last night and had to sit and stare for a while.

Time for the answer to yesterday's question. Emmett expanded on the answer a bit instead of just saying how old he was. I'm posting his full answer because it's worth seeing. But don't worry, if you only gave the number as your answer that was all I was looking for. :D
Emmett_Cullen_* wrote:How old was Emmett when he was changed?
It was 1935 when my angel, Rosalie, found me being mauled by a bear. I couldn't believe my luck. She was so beautiful. She took me to Carlisle. At the time, since I thought I was dying or already dead I thought he was God. We've all had a few good laughs about that. When what I thought was the fires of Hell finally faded away, Carlisle and Rose were waiting to explain everything to me. I had a new and improved body that would never grow older. A body that would forever look 20 years old.

Congrats to those that answered:

Pandancer = 10 points
Carrie - no points since they don't do her any good, but she was 2nd to answer
Skylar - no points because they don't do her any good either, but she was 3rd to answer
Willow = 9 points
Kat = 8 points

Question of the Day 11/8/09
How does Stephenie describe Emmett's hair? (Hint: NOT what it looked like in the movie)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

woot woot! 8 points! :D

and BHG, thanks.
sorry, I should put a warning up in my sig.:
"WARNING. Banner may induce staring, drooling and other socially awkward behaviour. these are normal every day symptoms invoked by the physical wonder that is Emmett, but if symptoms persist, condition can become serious. over-staring may lead to eye injury, which will prevent you from staring at Emmett in future. please exercise caution."

QotD ~ I am loving this thing!
How was Emmett's hair described? freaking beautiful, is what. :lol:

toodle pip!

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

HELLOO BOYSS AND GIRLS :)

Sorry I havent posted in a few days.. life has been hectick :(

HOLY LORDDYY EMMETT ALMIGTY! i am a Hydraulic Broom Trainee! :| i have no idea what that is ;) but imma google it right now.. wait it is a broom? X0. is this right--> http://www.superiorequipment.net/images/broom.jpg cuz if it i i like it and want it in pink :)

kat: sorry the pms are messed. on that note BHG are you getting my pms? because i sent you the last one and i dont think you got it.

i have to go to a meeting thingy so i will be back soon !!!

LOVE YOU ALLL,
CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist

Ah!! Looks like the last question was just a tad bit tricky. There was only 1 person that got it absolutely 100% correct and that was Kat. She even gave me the quote from the book. So thanks Kat, I'm copying the quote here as the answer.

How does Stephenie describe Emmett's hair? (Hint: NOT what it looked like in the movie)

from Twilight:
"Of the three boys, one was big - muscled like a serious weight liter, with dark, curly hair."
(page 18)

I was looking for the key words "dark and curly"

Everyone got very close and I at least gave you partial credit.

Skylar got close (I would have given you a point for it) and was the first to answer
Kat = 10 points
Cam = 1 point - I thought your answer at least deserved a point because you had the basis of it.
Mez = 9 points
Nezzie = 8 points

This made me remember a discussion from a couple of years ago where we tried to decide exactly what color Emmett's hair was. How do you envision it? In my mind it's dark brown. Many people think it's black, but my reasoning is that Stephenie used the word "dark" instead of "black". For everyone else she is very desciptive on how black their hair is. Since she didn't do that for Emmett I've always interpreted "dark" to mean dark brown.

Question of the Day 11/9/09
According to the book and Stephenie, what does Emmett drive? (I'm looking for make, model and color - NOT his vehicle in the movie)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

BHG- I totally would have goteen the Emmett's hair question if I had been here in time to answer it!!!

I have to think hard about today because I will not cheat by looking in the book ~lol~ :D

hm...
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

woot woot! ten whole points. :lol: *does butt-shaking happy dance*

wait.
brunetterebel010 wrote:...I will not cheat by looking in the book...
^ BHG, is it cheating?? :x no way. it's being accurate... right?

also, to answer your question, BHG, I always interpreted it to mean that Emmett's "dark" hair was dark brown. otherwise, she would have been descriptive the way she is for the others, saying something about Alice and Emmett having the same eyes with "bruises," the same pale skin and dark hair, yet looking nothing alike. *shrugs*

anyways, I just have one last question before I go: the most recent promotions received, were those taking into account the points from the QotD? or were they from posts, etc, from the previous thread?

just wondering...
see you all later.

pip pip!

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

To answer a quick question...

Kat, those counted the QotD's before that post. I have not added the last one or two. Getting to it soon. :)
Oh, and yes, I suppose you DID get two promos! Wow! I usually combine them, but I guess I just didn't see it on this one! Haha! Congrats!

BHG, concerning the hair question, I always saw it black, but probably only because stephenie gave a few details and I went ahead and made my own picture. I did that with some of the other characters as well, even though I probably shouldn't. To tell you the truth, you couldn't have gotten closer to what I imagined Emmett looking like than what is in the movie. Kellan exactly like my version of Emmett. :)

See you guys! I'm off again!

~Carrie :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
dreamer
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Laxing with Gabriel.. cause Kait is long gone ;) we're both star struck by hanny

Post by dreamer »

Hi EDC, I'm back! And this time I mean it! I haven't posted here in a looong time.. :shock: .. It's a whole tread a go!
EDC is so confusing though. So much activity, so many hard questions, so many weird stuff going on xP
It's like starting all over again :?

First! I got a promotion, and didn't even notice :o I really need to be here more often! Squuuuuueeeeeeee!!! *does promodance, and runs off changing sig* Okey back!

The idea of The Twilight University sounds cool, but could someone explain it more closely? Also, I think Emmett should get his own building, or at least his own floor ;)

And what is this whole quiz thing? Me confused again :? :?

And then it's question time!
What do you think Emmett's room looks like? His house with Rose?
I see that many of you have answered that Rose would dominate the place, and it wouldn't show much sign of Emmett except for the electronic stuff, but I don't think so. I think it with be pretty 50/50..
I know Rose can be a little bossy, but I don't think she would make their home in to a girly space. Emmett would never allow that :lol: It would probably be a little feminine, but with this clash of maskuline in it. If that makes sence to anyone?
Like a glass table with a vase of roses on, in front of a black leather couch.
ImageImage
J&Bsig+avatarbyemaleth@vesperarium[/b]~on the list~team taycob~
EDC Crane Operator~SBS Combat Trainee~ APPC: bouncer~ Paiy and Puce, the ninja girls of the lex~
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

.. OH :P boo on me i gott emmetts hair colour wrong... that is like my... 5th favourite feature about him :P

I allways saw him as just haveing really dork brown curly hair. like say the new moon movie coloured hair but long and curly :)
But other than thsa kellan is like absolutly on a tee perrrrfecttt!

ILL ADD ON TO THIS! I HAVE TO SWITCH CLASSES ( IM AT SCHOOL)

2 HOURS PROMISE

cam<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist

copper curls wrote:
brunetterebel010 wrote:...I will not cheat by looking in the book...
^ BHG, is it cheating?? :x no way. it's being accurate... right?
I won't consider it cheating. The questions are going to get harder, asking for minor details and even exact quotes, so looking it up in the book will probably end up being a must. In fact, I've got some questions listed from when I started making a quiz a while back. I need to go locate all my books (I recently moved and they're still packed up somewhere) so I can make sure I have the correct answer for the questions before I post them. :D

I think the previous discussion about Emmett's hair color was on the old boards. The point I had made on there was that Stephenie described the blackness of anyone who had black hair - shiney black, black as oil. There were similar descriptions for anyone with black hair. Since she only said Emmett's hair was dark I came to the conclusion that it was dark brown rather than black. My husband has dark hair that is almost black, but not quite. It's just a very dark brown. That's how I've always imagined Emmett's hair.

dreamer, each day I post a Question of the Day (aka, the quiz). Send me a PM with your answer. The next day I post the correct answer, who all got it correct and post a new question. You get points for a correct answer and the points count toward moving you to your next promotion.

Speaking of points. I am going to keep using the current point system for the QotD until the New Moon movie comes out. After that I am going to drop the points down to everyone receiving 1 point for a correct answer. The reason for the change is because the same 4-5 people are answering the questions. That's not a bad thing, I'm really glad they are involved. But I had hoped for even more involvement when I set it up originally. As it is, those 4-5 people are going to blow through all the ranks in no time at all if I keep the current point system very long.
Banner by urcoolcarrie