EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew #6

Post by Suzan »

No posts in three weeks? How did that happen? Seems like the whole "In the Twilight Zone" forum is kind of slowing down :( Well anyway...

Thanks for explaining the ruler and the OC, Shannon! Makes sense now.

So I came by this today and couldn't help but think of Emmett and the EDC as soon as I saw it. Do you think Emmett had something to do with that? ;)

Did I see The Real Emmett Cullen lurking around on the Lex yesterday?! Hi :wave:
Just thought it was funny that I was online while one of the real caracters was online as well for the first time and it was even the lovely Emmett. :swoon: hihi
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Suzan I like what you've got so far. I'm trying to remember, Edward & Bella did NOT write their own vows right? I wonder if Emmett did it instead if they would (to help keep him in check)? Sorry I'm tired and my brain is not working right now. So I'm not going to add to your wonderful Emmett speech you started.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Jenn ~ Edward and Bella did not write their own vows. I think Alice wanted them to, but Bella was to nervous and scared to do it or something (from what I can remember). I like the thought that they would write it themselves if Emmett was marrying them. I think it is definitely a possibility, although there is still the issue of Bella being afraid to speak in public and it would be funnier if Emmett wrote it. So wichever option you want, I guess. I like both. :D

It's ok if you (or anyone else) don't add to it. I certainly wouldn't want you to feel obligated. It's just something that got stuck in my head and I have actually no idea myself on how to continue right now. Doesn't the wedding official (hope I'm using the right word, it's the translation of the Dutch word that I know for it) usually talk a little about the bride and groom -how they met or a story about them- before the vows or is that only a Dutch tradition?
piya
Settled in Forks

Post by piya »

-What inspired you to join the EDC. Inc?
well emmett is one of my favourites and hence i am here :)
- What was your first impression of Emmett?
dangerous for enemies and fun loving and humorous for everybody else
- What is your favorite Emmett quality?
he is fearless and knows to maintain his calm and smile even during worst of situations. he symbolizes hope and happiness even in the darkest times
- What is your favorite Emmett moment and/or quote?
everything. i cant be biased about any one quote or moment when it comes to Emmett.
- What do you think about the casting of Kellan Lutz as Emmett in the Twilight movie?
the perfect cast
-Any last confessions concerning your love for Emmett?
he is the best. :swoon:
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Hey there Piya!! Welcome to the EDC!! I'm sure one of the bosses will be by soon to officially welcome you and give you your rank, but until then, it's just me!!! I'm really glad you decided to join, the more the merrier!! xD

Oh, and also, do I detect another Indian? My name's Fatima/Fat (: Anywhoooo, feel free to start posting and answering questions!! Be sure to keep it Emmett-related though, otherwise Shanon will chase you down with THE RULER OF DOOM! xD

Hey Suzan and Bri and Mez and Sky all my other EDC besties!! I'm soooo sorry for not being on more, but what can I say? I suck at being here everyday :/ Anyways! I'm back for now xD

So ohmigoodness, what is UP with these new emoticons?? They're like... AMAZING! I mean, they're just sooo cool and they MOVE!! And is there still a 10-smiley limit??? Because I wanna use all of these in one long string of emoticon-osity!!!!! :clap:

Bri ~ Thanks sweety!! It was a great B-day!! :D And I feel like I've missed a lot too! *scoots over in the boat of missing-outness to make room* xD

NICE speech Suzan!! It was awesome and sounded a lot like Emmett!! And yeah, the forums tend to slow down a WHOLE bunch and then speed right back up in the summertime xD

SOO! In order to avoid ze Ruler of Doom, I will now answer some very Emmetty questions!! :ugeek: :write:

If Bella & Edward asked him to do you think he really would have got a clerical liscence off the internet to marry them? And would he have done it? Were you disappointed when you first read Breaking Dawn that he didn't marry them?

Umm, yes! For sure! Emmett would love to be the one to marry them, and if he went through the trouble to get the license, then I'm sure he'd end up doing it! I was a little teensy-tiny bit disappointed ( :banghead: ), but being a huge romantic, I loved how Edward & Bella got their wonderfully amazing mushy-gushy ( :mrgreen: ) totally cute wedding moment!! If Emmett had done it then it would have been totally funny and all, but it might not have been as wedding-y.... Y'know? xD

If Rosalie hadn't sided w/Bella on keeping her little nudger what stance do you think Emmett would have taken?

I think Emmett would have been for it, because he has this really curious way of being... Emmetty... *ahem* ... and I feel like he would have wanted to go through with it just to see how things would play out. Also, I don't think Emmett would have felt threatened by the baby and could have "taken it out" if the need to do so came up... Soooooo either way, Emmett would have thought it wasn't such a big deal and would have just let things take their natural course... Am I the only one that thinks that? :blush:

Awwwwwwwwwww! I just previewed the post and had to take out like 12 smileys... Guess there IS still a limit... :heartbroke:

Anyways, now that I've said everything that I needed to say (which strangely, wasn't a whole lot) and also made my post Emmett-related, it's time to leave and give the other threads some love too!! :cry: :bye:

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey piya! :wave: Glad to have you join the EDC. It's a really nice place to be! (See the little rhyme? LOL)
piya wrote:he is fearless and knows to maintain his calm and smile even during worst of situations. he symbolizes hope and happiness even in the darkest times
Aw Such beautiful words to describe Emmett :D

Hey Fat! Great that you could stop by! 8-) I love the new emoticons too. This one's my favorite :tease: (now I have an excuse to use it again LOL)
It's ok that you couldn't be here in a while, I completely understand. Just because I'm procrastinating so much to spent time on the Lex doesn't mean others should too. ;) I wasn't here yet last summer so I'm looking forward to this one if what you say is true. :D
Renesmee_Bella wrote:If Rosalie hadn't sided w/Bella on keeping her little nudger what stance do you think Emmett would have taken?
I think Emmett would have been for it, because he has this really curious way of being... Emmetty... *ahem* ... and I feel like he would have wanted to go through with it just to see how things would play out. Also, I don't think Emmett would have felt threatened by the baby and could have "taken it out" if the need to do so came up... Soooooo either way, Emmett would have thought it wasn't such a big deal and would have just let things take their natural course... Am I the only one that thinks that?
I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that. As I said before, I also think he would let the baby live, especially if Bella tells him how much she wants to keep it. But at the same time he loves Bella and would be concerned for her safety. That's why I think he wouldn't hessitate if things turned ugly. If it came down to it he would choose Bella over the baby.
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Aww thanks Suzan!!! I'm glad you understand!! Life just gets to me sometimes =D

And pishposh!! We EDCers don't need an excuse to use emoticons!!!

:banghead: :rant: :swoon: :beg: :scratch: :clapping: :yahoo: :tease: :taunt: :think:

See?? Only sad thing is... now I'm out of smilies!! *sad face*

Anywhooooo! xD The Summer thing is totally true! Last Summer I was on the lex for almost an entire day posting and re-posting...

You see, I have this thing where I have to be the last one to post on every thread before I log off... It's hard because there's people on different time zones so when I'm almost done for the day, someone else is just starting!! So I'd post at the speed of light and when it was 2 am and I'd posted everywhere, I'd finally log off and go to bed exhausted but incredibly happy! Hahahaha xD
Suzan wrote: I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that. As I said before, I also think he would let the baby live, especially if Bella tells him how much she wants to keep it. But at the same time he loves Bella and would be concerned for her safety. That's why I think he wouldn't hessitate if things turned ugly. If it came down to it he would choose Bella over the baby.
That is totally true. Emmett has always been extremely protective! I imagine that back when he was human, he had many little siblings that he looked out for. Of course he probably picked on them and whatnot, but if someone else were to bother his little brother or sister then he'd bite your head off... I'm glad it wouldn't have been quite so literal when he was human... hahahaha xD

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

*sneaks back into EDC through back door whistling*
Yepp, nothing new here *nervous laugh* it's not like I was gone for months or anything...whaaat?! Who said that!? Not me, I've bene here aaall the time, the WHOLE time, yep! That's me, I never left and was never MIA... okay I feel like maybe this isn't very believable anymore...and I'm SORRY! :cry: but but but a new school and friends and the whole moving process and life in general has been so busy and I haven't even had a life until now (summer break!) because of the aforementioned school :evil: and even now that I'm on break I have to take a class during summer so I can be all caught up to start college :shock: in a few months :swoon: well okay for those of you that know me, and know my age, its the Finnish version of college which starts right after 9th grade, and in Finland Swedish is a mandatory language you learn in school and since I never learned it in the states I had to make up 2yrs of it this school year and am currently making up the last year of it in 2 freakin weeks! :swoon: AAaahh the stress is eating away at me, but has my excuse successfully disguised the fact that Ive been missing for half a year? ;) Just trying to use the skills I've learned to seem like a better member :D my point being, I will be sorry about my absence forever and I've missed you ALL so darn much that I'm popping back in here because I can't stand being away any longer! And Emmett, I apoligise to you as well...I will love you always!! <3

Aaahh, now that I've got all of the guilt and sadness out of my system...FRESH START!!! Becaaauuusseee we have a NEW MEMBERRR!!!!!!!! *throws streamers around and blows up welcome balloons in excitement* Welcome welcome welcome Piya I am so glad you found us! It seems you've already got quite a welcome (compliments to Fat and Suzan) oh and please disregard the above paragraph, that was not really the ideal first impression that I wanted to give, but I had to get it out of the way! Anywho, like I said, you've got some welcomes already, BUT you haven't got a welcome from an EDCCS cheerleader yet! *twirls into a tornado and is magically wearing her EDCCS uniform* As a member of EDCCS (Emmett's Demolition Crew Cheer Squad) I am here to perform for you our one and only, WELCOME CHEER!!! *horns and whistles and other ecitement-expressing noises go off* So here goes nothing... :D

WELCOME TO E-D-C!
WHERE WE TALK ALL THINGS EMMETT-Y
YAY!! WOOOO!!!!
*does flips*
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! FROM ALL OF US TO YOU!
WE HOPE YOU HAVE FUN, WORKING ON OUR CREW!!!
*jumps and claps*
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's great to be cheering again! *does another flip* and for once, I'm not even that out of practice or sore! *cheers more* must be all that swimming I've bene doing... =D Now to welcome myself, I'm Mrs.TeddyBear but I simply go by Ted, very nice to meet you *offers hand to shake* Once you're officially a member of EDC, if you'd like to take it a step further and become a part of EDCCS as well, just PM Sierra (ilovetwilight) or Elise (eliselovesedwardx) and you'll be on your way! Shannon (skylarblue) was around earlier, she's the one to go to with any questions you've got about EDC since she's our New Trainee Supervisor and Carrie (urcoolcarrie) hasn't been seen in awhile (miss you Carrie!), but when she comes around she'll officially put you in the books and give you your first rank! It's quite exciting, I can still remember the day I got my first rank... *reminesces*

Well Im glad I got that cheer and welcome in to keep this post on topic, because I'm going to set a horrible example for our new member by not answering any questions in this post ;o I've got to get back to studying, so blame school and not me! For those in regions of the world where it is warm, enjoy your summer! And keep the thread alive! *leaves flamethrower by door* feel free to borrow that if worst comes to worst and the crickets invade :O I will be back...well, no promies when, but I WILL be back! Until then,

XOXO TED

EDIT: It seems it was a good thing I didn't answer any questions, because this post is dangerously close to monstrous proportions even without the questions! How in the world do I manage to ramble so much...? Perhaps this is a problem I should work on improving... :S
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi again!

I’m just popping in to remind you all that tomorrow is the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH! Please come and celebrate Edward’s 110th Birthday with us!

We are all SO excited to share our gifts with Edward and see what you’ve come up with!

You can come on and post your birthday wishes on one thread, and your gifts on another.

Remember, this year, you can post your gifts as images (make sure you link to the image, not the whole site) that will show up in the thread!

Also, you can post birthday cards / banners for Edward. Isn’t that wonderful!

If you want to post a picture of a gift, you need to do the following:
1. Make sure the image is smaller than 640 by 480
2. Post the link INSIDE the img coding you get when you push the img button. It should look like this [img]THELINKHERE[/img]. Again, link to the image only.
3. You need to preview your post first, to make sure it works right.
4. If the image is too big, just post the direct link for others to open.

To post your banner or card:
1. Just make your card / banner and make sure it is smaller than 640 across by 480 tall
2. Post it to an image hosting site (like DeviantArt or Photoshop) and then get the IMG link.
3. Paste the IMG link directly into your post, and voila! One super special birthday gift!

AND to make it a little more fun, Esme and I are judging your entries, so do your best!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

TED!!! Great to see you! :D Never stop your rambling. I love reading ramble-posts. ;)
Hope you're settling in over there in Finland and that your summer course goes ok. Unfortunately, it is pouring rain here even though today is the official first day of summer. :roll:

So I guess it's time for a new question?
I posted this on Edward's birthday thread: Have you or any of the other Cullens or one of the Denali's ever tryed the blood of a great ape? The taste must be much closer to human blood than mountain lion? Or are they so much like humans that they also fall in "the vegetarian category"?
And here's what Edward had to say:
The Real Edward Cullen wrote:I don't much care for apes, but you might want to ask Emmett. I find them rather smelly beasts.
So what do you think, would Emmett like apes?