Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
impatientSpidah
Settled in Forks

Re: Alice's Party Planning Committee - Round #4

Post by impatientSpidah »

Well thanks for the welcome back. It's kind of sad that you're the only ones around here.... Basically, if you could inform me of what we're planning for, that would be nice. And then I could try to help. Oh, I see, the anniversary. Well, I guess I could help give some input or some helping... So, we're planning for this weekend?
I don't know how well that will go down, seeing as no one really is online, you say. Hm.......

I'm on an unreliable network connection for now, so if I actually come online, it's a rarity. But for now, while I have a connection, maybe I'll try to help with the planning.
impatientSpidahKylee
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

It's quite sad, Kylee. I was invited to join the thread on my New Kid in Town post, and did ... and it seemed to be trailing off right about then. :heartbroke: But we will forward with what we have!

So, Suzan, I don't know anything about the practicalities of doing this on a forum, this being the first forum I have ever been part of. But here are my thoughts, if I were planning it as a party;

1. The cake thing has been done. We solve location and nibble issues at the same time if we throw the party in the White Mountain National Forest, which is close to Dartmouth University in Hanover, New Hampshire. They apparently have a lot of bears :D It could be a weekend campout party, reminiscent of the movie scenes of the wedding. It also fits well with Edward and Bella's supposed cover of attending Dartmouth, in case unexpected Italian guests show up. Also, I'm beginning to think that perhaps snacks are just not meant to be a part of vampire parties.
2. Decorating sounds like a lot of fun. I vote for silver (for Edward) and blue (for Bella). I know that we tend to use purple for Bella, but that is a movie bit, not in the books, and we need something to show up against the Lex's background color. Music sounds great - I really suck at picking music. But would love to hear your ideas.
3. I double-checked against the Guide and it is their 5th anniversary. How about a wooden carving of a mountain lion, lioness, and cub?

Should we get a mod involved? Boy, doing these intercontinental celebrations with you is fun! :clap:

EDIT: Just looked back at the last Christmas party to see how it's been done. I will start working on an invite to post on threads with the assumption that you like the White Mountain National Forest idea. I can do invites well. If we are posting invites on other threads perhaps we should invite others to bring gifts as well?
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Brenda, I love the idea's! :D Love the camping out idea too! That's brilliant for food resources, hihi. I'll see if I can come up with some decorations and music tomorrow (it's getting late at this side of the planet ;) ). I think the carving as you described it, is a great idea. I really have no idea what else to give that's made of wood... Unless it's something antique...

I do kinda agree with Kylee that it could be difficult to do this on such short notice. We could start the party tomorrow, but we have to extent it then for at least the whole next week and maybe next weekend as well (instead of just this weekend, you know). To give people a chance to notice it... We can see how it goes and we can always extent it for as long as we want I guess... As long as we're having fun, the party is still going! (or something...)

As for practicalities...From what I know, we will just be posting right here during the party, so I don't think it is absolutely necessary to get a mod involved for the technical stuff or anything. But we can always invite them of course!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

The Staff of Alice’s Party Planning Committee are pleased to invite you to

A Celebration of the Fifth Year of Forever - The Fifth Wedding Anniversary of
Edward Anthony Masen Cullen and Isabella Marie Swan Cullen

An All-Week Woodland Event beginning Saturday, August 13th, 2011
In the White Mountains National Forest in New Hampshire
(contained for the week within the Alice’s Party Planning Committee topic)

Weather is predicted to be cool and overcast with possible thunderstorms. Sport equipment will be available.
Look for the Anniversary Bower in the Dartmouth Range.

Bring tents, if desired, and personal items. Bears are within easy hunting range. The Cullens request that you do not feed locally on humans. Human guests are encouraged to potluck.

We hope to see you there!
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

You found us! We’ve just finished the bower.
Anniversary Bower
We’ll be setting up things in a while. Make yourselves at home!
Last edited by smitten_by_twilight on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Should we get the party started!?

First of all:

Congratulations to Edward and Bella on their
Fifth Wedding Anniversary!

To all our guests: Welcome to our lovely party location!

On the eastern side of the clearing you will find food and drinks. You are welcome to place your own treats on the table as well. (Vampires are asked to hunt in the woods a little further up the mountain. There is plenty of wildlife in the area, so please LEAVE THE HUMAN GUESTS ALONE!) Gifts for the happy couple can be placed on the table next to the food.
If you plan on staying longer (and you're human); toward the west you will find a great camping spot to set up your tent. We have provided several tents for people who were unable to bring their own, so feel free to use them.
We're expecting a thunderstorm later, so we are preparing for some baseball. Maybe the vampires are willing to give us a demonstration of real vampire baseball, but while the human guest are participating; take it slow and play nice!

Enjoy the party and we hope you have a great time as we celebrate Five Years of Forever!

I think I got the CD player to work... Requests are welcome! :D
Let's start of with some party tunes! :cool: :music:
*Fixing myself a drink while dancing to the beat and waiting for guests to arrive.* "Oh, there's strawberries with ice cream! YUM!"
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi all! I've brought my tent!

I brought some delicious food for the humans and some fun food for any vampires.

I also bought some wonderful gifts for the happy couple from all of us at the Lex!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

As an APPC Staffer, I'm bringing some fun gear: baseballs, bats, and kayaks (if you hadn't noticed, there's a lot of rivers). I hope the vampires leave some for the humans to play with in the morning, but we expect to need to bring in more sometime.

As myself, I pitched my tent in the campsite and left my gift by the bower. I brought some bagels and juice for the humans for tomorrow morning!

Whew! I love a party that keeps me busy!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hello everyone :wave:! It is 1:43 am here which means technically I missed Edward and Bella's anniversary :(! I'm so sorry I couldn't stop by on the actual day to celebrate, but I want to wish them a Happy Anniversary :D!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Hey partypeople! Someone still here?

Sorry I couldn't be here today. I had some things to take care of back home. Unfortunately, I'm kinda tired from traveling back and forward to this middle-of-nowhere place ;) so I'm gonna crawl into my tent for the night. Do you think those bagels will still taste good tomorrow? I can't wait to try out the kajaks.

21Twilight21, we were planning on making this a week-long event, so you're welcome to enjoy the rest of the party if you want.

See you tomorrow, bright and early! :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]