Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by VirginiaMay »

JillOBean wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Hi All,
Why, oh why did I have to start another one?? :roll:

Because you're weak like the rest of us.
You make me laugh!! I know, I am shamefully weak when it comes to my Twidiction.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Looks like I'll be starting HTSAL since it's almost done. Waiting on the next chapter of Burn Survivors. I love that it's one fanfic not too over the top.
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

VirginiaMay wrote:
JillOBean wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote:Hi All,
Why, oh why did I have to start another one?? :roll:

Because you're weak like the rest of us.
You make me laugh!! I know, I am shamefully weak when it comes to my Twidiction.

You're in good company!

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I was suggested to share my an Idea I proposed on the Science of Twilight and the Writers' Central thread to get more opinions on it.

Does anyone like/dislike or are indifferent to the idea of Bella in the future becoming a Hybrid, sort of(note I said sort of) like Renesmee? She won't be 100% like Nessie, because Bella will still have predominat vampire traits--a 2/3 or 3/4 hybrid, as I like to call her for the sake of discussion. This change will occur sometime after Nessie matures.

As mentioned, she'll regain her eye and skin color, and will look as human as Nessie does. However, her body temperatue will be slightly cooler than Nessie, but she'll be able to eat and digest human food(though, like Nessie, she'll perfer blood), her hair and nails will grow(though I'm undecided on whether or not Bella will be able to have children again, though she very well might), and she'll blend in with humans better than vampires do.

However, she'll retain her vampire abilites and skills, and will have impenetrable skin, and will produce venom, and will be immortal, like a vampire, and "normal" hybrids. She'll also have her normal brown eyes back, but around the irises, she'll have rings around the outside of them that change color depending on her feeding(black-hungry/thirsty, tan-human food, and gold-animal blood).

I was just wondering what you'll think and if it's workable.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I don't really like it, but that's because I am for canon and Bella's becoming a vampire has been one ultimate goal for that character since the beginning. Reverting her somewhat cheapens that whole aspect- not to mention it's going to throw Edward for a loop.

Also, I believe someone somewhere suggested making your story AU. You would actually need to go back through the story and change things to meet your proposed scenario- not just making it start in the future and going from there. What you're proposing is vastly different from what we know, so you need to go back and set things up for your version so it makes sense.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Chernaudi wrote:I was suggested to share my an Idea I proposed on the Science of Twilight and the Writers' Central thread to get more opinions on it.

Does anyone like/dislike or are indifferent to the idea of Bella in the future becoming a Hybrid, sort of(note I said sort of) like Renesmee? She won't be 100% like Nessie, because Bella will still have predominat vampire traits--a 2/3 or 3/4 hybrid, as I like to call her for the sake of discussion. This change will occur sometime after Nessie matures.

As mentioned, she'll regain her eye and skin color, and will look as human as Nessie does. However, her body temperatue will be slightly cooler than Nessie, but she'll be able to eat and digest human food(though, like Nessie, she'll perfer blood), her hair and nails will grow(though I'm undecided on whether or not Bella will be able to have children again, though she very well might), and she'll blend in with humans better than vampires do.

However, she'll retain her vampire abilities and skills, and will have impenetrable skin, and will produce venom, and will be immortal, like a vampire, and "normal" hybrids. She'll also have her normal brown eyes back, but around the irises, she'll have rings around the outside of them that change color depending on her feeding(black-hungry/thirsty, tan-human food, and gold-animal blood).

I was just wondering what you'll think and if it's workable.
Chernaudi: My question for you would be how did this come about? Is the event leading up to Bella's new hybrid change the actual story?

Or is her hybrid status just a plot device and the story is something else entirely?

If it not the story, then I would ask you what you want to accomplish by making Bella more human in appearance and temperature? Can what you need for your story be accomplished in another way?

I've personally tried to consider if there was a way to make Bella the only vamp in the history of forever that could continue to have babies after her change for a potential story. I mean, who wouldn't want an Edward Jr. running around? But, honestly it just does not work with what we have established in Breaking Dawn. As Ringswraith mentioned, I (and you as well) would have to go back and change the story earlier than BD to make it happen. To me it's just not worth it. (Now, write a one-shot where Bella & Edward have twins via natural child birth and they all live happily and fluffily ever after- that I can do. And have done, so no stealing my ideas kids! :lol: )

I am not sure how you could make your idea work in the universe and mythology of Twilight, as we know it. I think you would have to do this completely AU and change Twilight history to make it happen. Just my humble opinion though, don't take too much stock in it, after all it is your story. Best of luck.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I haven't even written this story yet, and probably won't for a while, due to me working on other things and I haven't gotten this down yet.

But the basic premise is this(possible future spoilers): Renesmee matures into her adult form, and shortly after this, Bella starts to exhibit strange symptoms-elevated body temp., a slight desire to eat human food, her eyes start to turn chocolate brown, and the big kicker(possibly, I haven't decided this yet), Bella starts to have periods again.

As for her changes, I'd refer one back to my original post on this: "...she'll regain her eye and skin color, and will look as human as Nessie does. However, her body temperatue will be slightly cooler than Nessie, but she'll be able to eat and digest human food(though, like Nessie, she'll perfer blood), her hair and nails will grow(though I'm undecided on whether or not Bella will be able to have children again, though she very well might), and she'll blend in with humans better than vampires do.

However, she'll retain her vampire abilites and skills, and will have impenetrable skin, and will produce venom, and will be immortal, like a vampire, and "normal" hybrids. She'll also have her normal brown eyes back, but around the irises, she'll have rings around the outside of them that change color depending on her feeding(black-hungry/thirsty, tan-human food, and gold-animal blood)."

To be honest, I was thinking that Bella was full-on vampire due to Edward's venom, and to protect Nessie until she was able to fend for herself, and Bella would revert to being a mostly vampire hybrid creature as a way to regain some of her humaninty but stay immortal and be with Edward and his/her family forever. Renesmee is immortal and is half and half human and vampire, why can't Bella be immortal if she's a venom producing hybrid that's still predominantly vampire and is fixed(like Nessie) in that state? As a plot element, I think that Nessie biting her may have something to do with it, but the canon sticklers would probably argue about why that was dormant so long.

I'm starting to think that this isn't a good idea anymore, because I don't feel like basically completly re-writing Stephenie's work just to explain something I made up and though would be a good idea for a future story. But then again, everything I'm writing is kinda out of canon anyways(In one completed story, Nessie and Jake break up, and when one of Nessie's friends confronts the Volturi, they don't retaliate), and the story I'm working on now has two original characters(a half-vampire emo girl and her half-vampire boyfriend) retelling some Twilight Saga events from their POV as they're friends of Bella's(and Twilight exhisist in novel and movie forms in that story, so it can already be considered AU in a way).

Maybe all I have to do is figure out a convincing way for it to work, because I've created original characters for my fan fictions, and introduced them in the Twilight universe where they normaly wouldn't exhist. With that said, is their a semi-canon way to get a start on explaining what I'm proposing for Bella?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

You've gone into more depth here, which only solidifies my advice in the Writer's Central thread: put a hell of a lot of work into making it AU or don't write it at all. Canon readers will either ignore it or rip you a new one lol--they can be vicious little things, I know from experience. When in LAF and TPC, Nessie's ability began to grow I got a BUNCH of unfriendly PMs, and that was over something pretty small which I had a perfectly good explanation for and was directly related to her and Jake's imprinting bond.

Adding new characters to canon is very possible. I have two in mine which were openly embraced(Audrey and Ramses for those who read the stories)... but they were 100% MY creation. They were not versions of ANYONE. In the thousands of years vampires have been around in SM's world, as far as any of the Twilight vampires(cullen, denali, volturi etc) go, none of them knew hybrids existed until Nessie was born. You can play that "one in a million" freak mutation, but in the world of canon I wouldn't try it.

I don't want to sound like I'm demeaning your idea...I'd just hate for you to put the effort into writing something the isn't well received.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Can I just reiterate that I have read some seriously crazy stuff out there and, some of it is very good writing! Just because your idea isn't what we see over and over and over again, doesn't mean it isn't good. Just because people may not except it or may decide to whine about it, doesn't mean it isn't good. Conversely, just because something is well reviewed and popular doesn't necessarily mean that it is good.

You should write your story for you. Maybe through the process you will learn something, or it allows you start an original fiction that ends up rocking the universe. It sounds like you've put some thought into it. Let it happen, but try not to exhaust yourself or lose your mind in the process.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I also just asked on Twilighted(the king of Twilight Saga fan fiction) about if my plans for a story would make any logical sense.

Just to let you know, I do have a timeline, that's somewhat complicated because I'm not writing the stories in the order of the timeline, but bear with me. The time line(in order of events) is as follows:

Dark Side of the Moon(approx. 6 years after BD), The Wall(original character story that's an extra from DSotM), Echoes(direct sequel to DSotM), Bio-Booster Armor Nessie(semi-canon/crossover story, and where the Bella hybrid question comes from info on Guyver if anyone cares to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver ), and some Top Gear themed shows with the Cullens.

Also, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall and Echoes are blanketed by a quasi-AU story called The Division Bell about a human-vampire hybrid emo/goth girl and her boyfriend that takes place within the Twilight universe with TS characters being major players, especially from the middle of the story onwards, and covers the girl and her boyfriend meeting(before the events of Twilight), dating and being in a relationship, breaking up(a nod to New Moon), both dealing with their separationg(a nod to the Pink Floyd rock opera, The Wall, especially for her boyfriend, who is the main character in the story of the same name that I'm planing), and them getting back together and living hand and hand for ever, with their POVs on Twilight Saga events(real life and in the novel) along the way. TDB takes place over 2004-2013, when Renesmee is an adult.

I hope that you can keep up with that. But as for the Bella hybrid deal, I'd like for BBAN and the Top Gear stories to have their place on the time line, but since they're not intended to be the main canon stories for the TDB blanketed stories, I guess that they can kinds skew on a tangent to their own alternative but connected story line, since they take place after those stories.

Have I lost everyone? If not, I hope my timeline, as crappy as it is, helps explain it. And hopefully it'll provde a solution-just do the Guyver and Top Gear crossover stories as their own related but separte place on the time line, which might help on the AU stuff, or just leave the Bella element(or modify it to suit) out and just write it as a canon story.