Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Twilight Fanfiction Discussion Thread 2

Post by Jazz Girl »

Emancipation Proclamation Chapter 74 ~ Garden of Simple just posted.

*runs off to read, one eye closed*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

EP CH 74 DISCUSSION

I just read it and it feels like my stomach has been ripped out of me. It was the same feeling I had when I read NM for the first time. Empty. I had an idea this was going to happen and I have a few ideas where this is going to lead up to. I think Bella is going to go to school and become the artist that Edward thinks she is. In the mean time I still think Carisle is going to take care of scarface and Aro since I think he is part of all this and Edward will finally be free from the Borgata. Either Alec or Carisle will be the new godfather. Alright gotta take care of the kiddos can't wait to read all everyones thoughts.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

~~EP Discussion~~

Yep, I totally called it. I said, as soon as he knocked on Jazz's door that he was going to pull a NM and disappear after Christmas, asking his brother to watch over her and make sure she got the future she would never have with him. DAMN IT!! I hate it when Im right!! Des~ I'm with you (sort of) on the theory about Carlisle. As soon as he found out about Alistair (Scarface), you could almost hear the wheels turning as he finally put together exactly the depth of Aro's involvement in Lizzy's death, as well as BellaRagazza's kidnapping and torture, manipulating Edward into taking the omerta and probably every other miserable thing that's happened in his feels-way-too-damned-long life. It's like MobWard said, he's going out with a bang. He's going to take the fight to Aro, take advantage of all of the chaos left in the wake of the shoot out. But, he has no intention of living through it. He'll die to take out Aro and as many of his lieutenants as possible. I think Alec may step up and take the reins of the Borgata, but Esme may be the wild card.

Their final night together hurt so bad. You could see it coming, how intense he was with her. When he said, "I meant it, Bella. I'll keep you in my dreams." ... that's when I lost it completely. I was a mess. And, I was reading in my office, mind you. But, the letter...Jesus Holy Christ, the letter tore my heart in so many pieces. "I love you, Isabella. Christ, I fracking love you, and that's the reason I have to do this." ... "And as much I fracking love you and want you in my life, I'm not that go@$*mn selfish. Not anymore. You made sure of that."

But, beyond that, to then see all the steps he took; leaving his phone, making Jazz change her number, leaving all of his things...the Volvo. And then, on top of it all, to not be able to walk out the door... For Alec to have to drag him out after 30 minutes of just standing there... This is the first time I can honestly say I don't think I want this chapter from EPov. I don't think I could read it. My heart would literally break out of my chest.

Oh Khar, I love you dearly. I hope folks aren't giving you too much crap over this. I hate it, but I love him more for it. Stay strong, sister. And, please, don't leave us haning in heartfail hell for too long?

~~End EP Discussion~~

Thank gods for hot set pics and a MoBS chapter update. I might make it through this night sober...maybe.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Deb~ Hi! I don't know what you've read... So I'll just give some suggestions. The one we're discussing now: Emancipation Proclamation is fantastic. I also love How to save a life, by unholy.obsession. She's also writing parts in EPOV now that the main story is complete. Edward is really messed up in this one, and it's beautifully written.
And the one that Caryn recommended a few weeks ago...Finding Home, by jennde. Set during WW2. I just love it.
I hope your exams went well :)

*************EP discussion*************
I haven't been on here in so long. But now I really need to vent, and I need to feel the support from my fellow fanfic addicts :cry:
I had expected it. Everything about Edward's behavior has been giving signs to something major in progress. But it still hit me hard... I cried like a baby when I read his letter. And I cried when Bella left the house, saying goodbye to his picture.

I can understand his reasoning...He wants her to be free and he can't see freedom in his own future. But he is still wrong, just like NewMoonEdward was wrong. They should make a future together. And maybe it won't be perfect, but they could still be happy.

Desiree & Caryn: I really hope you're right. I don't want Carlisle to sacrifice himself, but I hope he can find a way to take down Aro. And maybe that can set Edward free, both physically and emotionally. But I also don't think that Bella can ever feel 100% free without Edward. It seems to me that she'll always feel guilty for what he did for her. Ultimately you can see it as him giving up his freedom for her's, and I think she would feel better by having him with her.

But...Khar has said: Everything will be okay in the end. I cling to that in this moment. I will say that even though I am heartbroken, it just goes to prove what an excellent author Khar is. She has made me fall completely in love with these characters, and she writes the story in a way that just captures me emotionally.
***********End EP discussion************************
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Trine~ Oh, sweet Sister!!! What a week for you to return!!! Though I'm very happy to see you back and hope the move went well and nothing...errr...important got lost or misplaced :lol: As for EP, yes, I'm with you 100%. MobWard may have tried to cut the ties binding them so she could have whatever life she wanted. But, what he's forgetting, just like NewMoonWard, is that the only thing she truly wants in her life is him. Everything else is just extra.

Khar's thoughts about HEA keep running in my head. She's said all along that it will be HEA, but that not everyone's ideas of HEA are the same. So, I'm holding on to faith and hope but stepping forward carefully.

~~Company Loves Misery Discussion~~

I don't know how many of you started reading this one by AG. But, I absolutely love her writing and this does not disappoint. Beleive me, it makes WA look fluffy. It's angsty as all hell. But, once again, after updating for the first time in 2 months, she just continues to show why every word she writes is gold.

BoozeWard's guilt and angst are just painful. But, the way he works them out with Jasper...really honestly just made me laugh. I can completely be there. I've had those days where an honest to goodness fight was the only thing that would relieve the pain. And, this Bella (I honestly can't think of a good reference) I really just feel for her. She has absolutely no reason to trust him, no reason to even like him or want to be around him. Her confusion and shame are palpable.

But, the best parts are the light moments between the two of them, the ones you don't expect but just revel in because they are..."amazing" There's a confrontation with Mike Newton (who is a total a$$hat in this one) that just makes you smile from ear to ear.

This one is just so worth the read. I have no idea where it's going, and AG hasn't indicated. But, I don't care. I love her every syllable and this one's no different.

~~End Misery Loves Company Discussion~~
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Jazz Girl wrote:~~EP Discussion~~

Des~ I'm with you (sort of) on the theory about Carlisle. As soon as he found out about Alistair (Scarface), you could almost hear the wheels turning as he finally put together exactly the depth of Aro's involvement in Lizzy's death, as well as BellaRagazza's kidnapping and torture, manipulating Edward into taking the omerta and probably every other miserable thing that's happened in his feels-way-too-damned-long life. It's like MobWard said, he's going out with a bang. He's going to take the fight to Aro, take advantage of all of the chaos left in the wake of the shoot out. But, he has no intention of living through it. He'll die to take out Aro and as many of his lieutenants as possible. I think Alec may step up and take the reins of the Borgata, but Esme may be the wild card.

CAryn~ I think you and I both also agree that Carisle might die saving his son. I believe we both stated that awhile ago. He might kill Aro and CArisle dies in the hospital or shortly after Aro. Whatever Khar decides it won't matter to me because she is a AMAZING WRITER!

End of EP Discussion

Fan Fiction Question

After reading fan fiction for awhile and going back to the original Twilight series how did you feel reading it again? I always loved how SM delivered such a powerful love story without adult content. This series was the cleanest story I have ever read. Although some parents would disagree which I tend to get a wee bit upset and disagree with them. But after reading fan fic and going back to the orignal story it really is a innocent and pure love story.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Edwards Ragazza wrote:Fan Fiction Question

After reading fan fiction for awhile and going back to the original Twilight series how did you feel reading it again? I always loved how SM delivered such a powerful love story without adult content. This series was the cleanest story I have ever read. Although some parents would disagree which I tend to get a wee bit upset and disagree with them. But after reading fan fic and going back to the orignal story it really is a innocent and pure love story.
Des~ Fanfic, to me, can give you a new perspective on things in the series as well. Canon, especially well-written canon, can open your eyes and give you a new point of view through wich to view certain events. But, even the OoC or even AH fanfic can make you look at things a little differently, at least give you a wider lense when looking at The Saga.

That being said, I agree. Even among YA romance fiction, The Saga sticks out as a true pure love story. It's one of the reasons why I love reading that The Saga is banned from schools or put on "restricted" lists because it promotes promiscuity or encourages lustful thoughts. It seriously makes me laugh out loud. I mean, first and foremost, you KNOW these people have never actually read any one of the novels. But, beyond that, I feel sorry for the students in question because you know that these are the parents/communities who are taking the position that ANY mention of anything sexual will encourage sex. So, in stead of talking with their students, teaching them, they are just avoiding it altogether and pushing their kids towards sex without even realizing it.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

The reason why I asked is because at one point on the main page of the Lex when SM announced the novella of Bree there where comments about how they use to love Twilight but after reading fan fiction they think SM stinks at writing and how there is better stories out there. I have only read 5 fan fics I think in total all adult content which I felt I had to re think a little bit and remind myself that I am reading a YA book when going back to the series.

I still feel just as strong as I did when I first read them I have a HUGE obsession. Would love to understand out of all the books I have read why has this series captured me the way it did and others who feel just as strong.

Going back to fan fiction comments I will agree with you Caryn that a lot of the canon stories especially well written you can see the parallel. Have you read MOTU one yet. This one and EP are my two favorite so far. I know you didn't comment on this so this doesn't apply to you. This has come from 2 places . Someone commented that if you like the fact that Edward uses the f word what does that say about you cause he would never say that. I think when someone states that you like a certain fan fiction or you wrote a fan fiction that might use the MF word or was about Dom and Sub lifestyle that it in NO WAY says what kind of person you are. I think it is very disrespectful to make that assumption based upon what some likes as a book or writes about. People need to respect that we all have many flavors in everything and what might not appeal to you will appeal to someone else.

That is why this is a lovely world we ALL are different coming from different backgrounds and lifestyles. That what makes us all unique and interesting.
Last edited by Edwards Ragazza on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Dovrebanen wrote:I also love How to save a life, by unholy.obsession. She's also writing parts in EPOV now that the main story is complete. Edward is really messed up in this one, and it's beautifully written.
And the one that Caryn recommended a few weeks ago...Finding Home, by jennde. Set during WW2. I just love it.
I hope your exams went well :)
[/color]
Trine! Hey!! Good to see ya! I hope everything went well with the move :) I too love HtSaL. The EPOV's are fantastic so far! Being in his head is so gutrenchingly (is that even a word? :lol: ) painful ...the last update after the dance was just so unbelievably sad :( But it's written very very well I believe. I hope the EPOV's continue for a while :)

Finding Home sounds quite good to me too, I might check that out!

Deb - Hiya :) Are you reading MoBS just now? I can't remember if you had mentioned that you were or not... if not, I really really reccomend it! It's just so freaking funny I think! The way Bella thinks in this story has me cracking up in practically every chapter!

---

EDIT:

MoBS Ch19 Discussion

Again, this chapter was hilarious!! The way Bella just rambles on and on :lol: I especially loved when she was trying to get into the hockey bag and when she was talking about Canada...and Edward says "I'm going to pretend you didn't say any of that $*&# about Canada being an extension of the US, Bella, because I know you don't really mean that" :lol:

Annnndd....he called her his girlfriend!!! Yay!!!!

Looking forward to when they go to Carlisle and Esme's house...I'm sure Bella will embarrass herself a few times there!

HH rocks my socks with her writing!!

End MoBS discussion
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Aghhh!! Holy Cow, for some reason I had not gotten a message that this topic had been updated in days! Now you are all back and chatting away and I have tons to catch up on!

Ok, rant over. It's nice to have some old names and faces back again, missed you! Also good to see some new stories being discussed. I personally cannot wait for Perfect Forever (OH) and Finding Home to be completed, no more WIPs for me right now. I have started Singularity however, and am trying to decide if I should print some out to take with me when I go out of town. I should probably be fair to my family and just step away from the fanfic for a week, but the idea makes me twitch a little. J/K :lol: