Team Onion Skin: A place for Aro adoration

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Team Onion Skin: A place for Aro adoration

Post by Ouisa »

During Bella and Nessie's birthday it was brought to our attention that we had somehow neglected to provide a place for the masses to express their devotion to all things Aro.

The Real Aro wrote:I would like to request a thread for the appreciation of myself.
I have spent all morning looking for the "Team Aro" threads but sadly I have not found a place where your members can express their appreciation of me. Surely this has been an oversight.

I did find the delightful ladies play acting being members of my guard, I'm eager to make their aquaintence!
Oh yes and a thread devoted to meal suggestions for my brothers and i (although your suggestions have been rather unappetizing....)
As I have long been a devoted fan, on behalf of all of the mods, I am remedying this immediately.
We would never wish to insult Aro!

Please use this space tell us why you love Aro......because we know you do
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Team Onion Skin: A place for Aro adoration

Post by SwanCullen »

I am very delighted to know there is a thread for Aro! I have always been fascinated by him as a character!

While he has done some horrific things, aro is such a rich character. He honestly is fascinated by all things supernatural and I like that.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

You have an excellent point SwanCullen! I think sometimes the truly horrible characters are the most interesting. For example, I adore Umbridge in the Harry Potter series. She's horrid. She's just awful but she's so delightfully interestingly awful and so well written as a character that I just adore her. It's the same for Aro, he's just a delightful character despite his wicked ways. I love his curiosity and his joie de vivre! How he manages to still find things to be interested and delighted in after several thousand years is just beyond me. He's such a great host too. Welcome to Volterra dear Bella, come in.....I love that whole section of New Moon!
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Ah, Aro, Aro, Aro... He is by far my favorite of the Volturi, for he has a intriguing, yet creepy, personality! I love how he isn't as dried out as the other Masters... I feel that he, though splendidly evil, still has a bit of a heart. For if he was beyond caring, he would not have his charming curiosity. :D
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Exactly Ousia! He is definitly one character that I would LOVE to have an expanded history on. Espicially when he killed his sister. That amazes me that he was so jealous of Marcus and her that he would kill his own sister just to keep marcus! I loved him in BD as well. I liked how he seemed so diminutive when he asked Carlisle to be friends again.

Sethismine, well said!
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

Aro is facinating to me as well and I just have to wonder what makes such an interesting character tick.
I however don't think he killed his sister out of jealosy. It was a matter of either keeping the peace or his sister/ marcus' happiness, and he took action for the greater good. If Marcus left it would weaken them and would probably provoke attacks from aspiring covens. If one were to imagine the world without the Volturi it would probably be much more dangerous. Vladimir and Stephan don't exactly seem stable and if the southern territory wars continued...??
"No man chooses evil because it is evil;
he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

My favorite quote and I think it applies to Aro as well. :)
Team Aro ---Team Volturi
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

So awesome that their is an Aro thread.
I was just thinking about Aro and why he obtains the vampires that he does. In my theory, it's just like our *secret service.* They want the best of the best, just like the Volturi. If another vampire is stronger, that one could cause a weakness in the Volturi's strong hold. As for Aro, I think he is the Ultimate Bad Guy.. :twisted: The way he speaks to people is so deceiving. Remember in Breaking Dawn when Aro told Nessie that he wouldn't hurt her family and Bella was believing him until (can't remember the name) the vampire that can tell the truth hissed that that was a lie.
Love the Volturi!
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

VolturiGirl, well said!

Aro has a mate right? I cannot remember if he does or not. That would be an interesting take to see a point in time with those two!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

SwanCullen,
Aro has a wife. I could not tell you her name at the moment, but she is Aro's shield. Her gift is when people go to attack, they just find themselves going into another direction.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Ahh okay. thanks!