ANSWERSAlphie wrote:1. Would you have been as reluctant as Bella was to accept the gift of a new car, even one as extravagant as the Mercedes, from someone like Edward?
2. Did you feel Charlie was justified in putting up the various posters of Jacob around town or should he have left that up to Billy? Remember, even as the police chief, Charlie doesn't have jurisdiction over the reservation.
3. What were your thoughts about the way Charlie reacted to the engagement? About how Renee reacted?
4. Were you nervous for the wedding at the end of this chapter? Did you think Jacob would show up?
1. Well i think i would be as reluctant if not more than her because i am extremely clumsy ... probably more so then bella, haha, i would be scared i would wreck it, but then again i guess Edward wouldnt buy a car that could be easily destructed. To answer the question though, yes i would be pretty reluctant.
2. I think its up to Billy to decide that, i mean its his son and i know Charlie cares a lot about Jake but he didnt need to put posters everywhere, unless Billy specifically asked him to.
3. I was actually suprised that Charlie didnt get more upset then he did, and Renee's reactiona was fairly calm to, but i guess they did see it coming.
4. Yes, i was pretty nervous ... i really wanted it to go a certain way. Im not sure if i thought to much about if Jake would show up or not ... i was more focused on the whole point of them getting married, but in the back of my mind i wondered when Jake would be brought back into the story and i wondered if the wedding would be it. I kind of had a feeling he might crash the wedding and make a mess of it. haha