Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by switzgal »

^^ I'm with you!!! The wait for New Moon will be excruciatingly long!!!!

OMJB, how am I gonna stand it???? I'll probably have 4700 posts by the time it's in theaters which will be the exact number of posts that I need to be "In the Garage with Jacob." LOL!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

yeah i agree there are a lot of those scenes that they can cut but they cant skip any of the action and I would love to see Edward in her cliff diving hallucination because that movie is going to be miserable without him lol and Im sure they will have enough money Twilight has been making a killing in the box office there most definetly gonna have a bigger budget for New Moon especially when the La Push guys Phase i hope it dosnet look fake and I really like the director i hope they dont get a new one but i guess i understand why most people dont like her her style is very different and its something u have to get used to
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Apparition wrote:I am excited for them to do New Moon, I just hope they get it right. They are going to need a whole lot more money though. I think the movie Twilight itself could have use a good doubling in the budget, because it looked to be like things we either cut out, or left out due to time, and things were not done correctly due to time, and we all know time equals money. With that said New Moon is was more dense than Twilight, and it is going to cost way more. You have werewolves phasing (and it has to look good). You have the motor cycle stunt work, the trip to Italy. Over all there is just a lot more action. Not to mention you have brand new characters that have to be introduced, which mean more time to introduce, paying the actors to play then, and so on and so fourth. You also have to think of the cost of putting Taylor (Jacob) on growth hormones. I would also like to see a new director, but that is just me.

The key here is MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, and then some more MONEY.
If this weekend is an indicator, I don't see them getting enough money for it any problem at all. Yahoo at this link http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap. ... e-debut-ap said they made 70.6 million at the box office. I'm so excited they green lighted the film. WOOHOOO
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I'm really curious about who's going to play the Volturi.
I picutre the three big vamps as sorta old, but not really. It's hard to explain. So I'm really looking forward to seeing who's going to play them. And Jane! She's going to have to be one terrifying monster!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
MeliR
Settled in Forks

Post by MeliR »

although i absolutely love love love edward i agree with rob and they shouldnt put him in until the volterra scene.. but knowing the directors they will.... boooooo
E<3B
BiteMeEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeEdward »

I'm so thirsty for New Moon (pun intended :P )! I can't wait to see more of the pack! :)

I am very curious as to who will be cast for Jane, Aro, Marcus and Caius.

Also, in the movie, I hope that while Bella is trying to hold herself together, it flashes to Edward to show how much it affects him. I would also like to see the crucial phone call between Rosalie and Edward. :)
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

wonder if there was a preliminary script done? That would shave months off of the wait time.

They can't wait to long between films, we don't want to vampires to age :) However, Jacob could use the time, he needs to bulk up and grow a foot :roll:
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

I'm really excited for New Moon the big screen, but I do have some worries.

First of all, for Twilight, I can tell that Summit "dumbed down" the story so that it can be a teen movie, and it kinda took away the feeling that was actually in Twilight. So Twilight feels like another cheesy teen movies(not that it wasn't a great movie). You know how movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings don't seem cheesy? Because they totally put it in the suspension of disbelief mode, but in Twilight, they made it kinda immature and tried their hardest to still relate the movie with a high school scenery and that's why it seems cheesy. Nonetheless, I still loved the movie :D

So I'm wondering how they plan to incorporate the deep, mature, and intense emotions into New Moon. They can't stretch New Moon too far from Twilight and totally change the whole mood. But if they don't put all the emotions into the movie, then it would totally sabotage the book, which the fans would NOT want. I really hope they would not just depict Bella as one of those stupid teenagers who cries over her boyfriend and that's it. They would really have to express the deepness and greatness of their love.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

aimee_xbella wrote:I'm really excited for New Moon the big screen, but I do have some worries.

First of all, for Twilight, I can tell that Summit "dumbed down" the story so that it can be a teen movie, and it kinda took away the feeling that was actually in Twilight. So Twilight feels like another cheesy teen movies(not that it wasn't a great movie). You know how movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings don't seem cheesy? Because they totally put it in the suspension of disbelief mode, but in Twilight, they made it kinda immature and tried their hardest to still relate the movie with a high school scenery and that's why it seems cheesy. Nonetheless, I still loved the movie :D

So I'm wondering how they plan to incorporate the deep, mature, and intense emotions into New Moon. They can't stretch New Moon too far from Twilight and totally change the whole mood. But if they don't put all the emotions into the movie, then it would totally sabotage the book, which the fans would NOT want. I really hope they would not just depict Bella as one of those stupid teenagers who cries over her boyfriend and that's it. They would really have to express the deepness and greatness of their love.

agreed on every aspect. New Moon is definitely going to take alot of hard work and i'm not just talking about the special effects. I have full faith in Kristen though- i've always been a fan of hers and she never seems to disappoint me when it comes to "heart wrenching scenes". I'm sure she'll be able to pull of depression- and not simply teen love depression, losing TRUE love depression. She'll do great, i have full confidence in her :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
aimee_xbella
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aimee_xbella »

mlola619 wrote:
aimee_xbella wrote:I'm really excited for New Moon the big screen, but I do have some worries.

agreed on every aspect. New Moon is definitely going to take alot of hard work and i'm not just talking about the special effects. I have full faith in Kristen though- i've always been a fan of hers and she never seems to disappoint me when it comes to "heart wrenching scenes". I'm sure she'll be able to pull of depression- and not simply teen love depression, losing TRUE love depression. She'll do great, i have full confidence in her :D
Yeah, and New Moon will definitely have a higher budget than Twilight, so I hope they can put more work into it.

And I think Kristen will do great too! I've seen some of her previous movies, she did a great job!

But lets cross our fingers and hope for the best =D