Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

New Moon~ The movie

Post by Nena »

This is the replacement to "If there is a New Moon" thread, but It's official, we are getting a New Moon, Yay!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by Lynzeee »

YES! i knew they would announce it today.

friend of mine in Oregon said she saw summit crews a few weeks ago! awesome.

can't wait!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
pale_hale
Settled in Forks

Post by pale_hale »

I knew in my heart they would make it, but it's so cool to hear that it's official now! Hopefully Twilight will continue to make money so they have a better budget to work with. :D
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

my post fits better on this thread..heree
wildroses wrote:okay! hurray for new moon happening!
theres a lot that i want to happen/not happen.

i agree with whoever said that chapter 4 waking up should be voiced over.
i LOVE that chapter and it should definitely be included.
also, i heard talk about them somehow incorporating edward into those months where bella is alone..
i totally don't think they should. at all.
i think the whole point of those chapters is for us to feel bella's pain, and edwards absence and all the suffering she goes through. that all comes from not seeing him AT ALL. i think showing edward, even if its just flashing to him in pain would sort of dilute that. and i don't think it shouldn't be done, that way at the end when edward comes back it is so much more intense and happy because we are FINALLY seeing edward again, just like bella, and all the rush of emotions comes to us just like it did in the book, just like it did for bella.

oh and something i would really really really want in the movie is the part towards the end where bella thinks shes dreaming and tells edward not to kiss her and he says something like "do you still love me? because if you've moved on that would be...fair." that whole scene is pretty much my favorite and i would be so so so happy if it was in the movie!!

okay, i'm done :) .......for now.
am i allowed to quote myself? :roll:
randomness bum<3
ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

Lynzeee wrote:YES! i knew they would announce it today.

friend of mine in Oregon said she saw summit crews a few weeks ago! awesome.

can't wait!
Are you serious??? So does that mean that they were scoping out shooting locations?

I was sooooo freakin' excited once I heard they announced it, I thought the announcement would come at least after opening weekend! I'm so thrilled I've spent all day dancing around and calling everyone letting them know. I love New Moon and can't wait to see how everything is portrayed, who is cast as the Volturi, how the wolves look, etc. I seriously can't wait to start reading plot synopsis everywhere for New Moon, and pictures, and teasers...and I JUST watched Twilight! :D What can I say, I'm hooked! I do just hope that New Moon is a bit longer than Twilight to allow for proper time for scenes, so they aren't rushed through like in Twilight (at least I thought so). And, though I love Edward and the Cullens, I really hope the writer didn't put them into the movie more (just in Bella's thoughts is good)...it just makes it more exciting at the end when Alice shows up and we see Edward.
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

can anyone please give the link to where they made it official :D
ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

wildroses wrote:my post fits better on this thread..heree
wildroses wrote:okay! hurray for new moon happening!
theres a lot that i want to happen/not happen.

i agree with whoever said that chapter 4 waking up should be voiced over.
i LOVE that chapter and it should definitely be included.
also, i heard talk about them somehow incorporating edward into those months where bella is alone..
i totally don't think they should. at all.
i think the whole point of those chapters is for us to feel bella's pain, and edwards absence and all the suffering she goes through. that all comes from not seeing him AT ALL. i think showing edward, even if its just flashing to him in pain would sort of dilute that. and i don't think it shouldn't be done, that way at the end when edward comes back it is so much more intense and happy because we are FINALLY seeing edward again, just like bella, and all the rush of emotions comes to us just like it did in the book, just like it did for bella.

oh and something i would really really really want in the movie is the part towards the end where bella thinks shes dreaming and tells edward not to kiss her and he says something like "do you still love me? because if you've moved on that would be...fair." that whole scene is pretty much my favorite and i would be so so so happy if it was in the movie!!

okay, i'm done :) .......for now.
am i allowed to quote myself? :roll:
Yup, I totally agree with everything you said...I love the whole ending when they return and Bella wakes up in her room thinking she's dreaming, and the dialogue that ensues, so perfect! I can just hope the movie stays the same or at least does that whole part justice!

Link to official New Moon announcement- Summit Entertainment's website: http://www.summit-ent.com/ (sorry if it's not a link, don't know how to do that), then go the their News section, it's should be at the top. :)
Last edited by ECfan20 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

oh nvm here it is :D

--------------------------

Summit announces 'Twilight' sequel
Massive opening prompts 'New Moon' confirmation
By DAVE MCNARYMore Articles:

'Twilight' soars to $35.7 million Friday

Fresh from a massive opening day for "Twilight," Summit Entertainment has officially greenlit a "New Moon" sequel.
Summit made the widely expected announcement Saturday morning. "Twilight" generated first-day grosses of $35.7 million from 3,419 playdates on Friday -- including $7 million from Thursday midnight shows.

The vampire thriller's a ready-made franchise for Summit with four books in Stephenie Meyer’s series, which have sold more than 17 million copies worldwide.

"New Moon" is the second title in the series and is centered on Edward Cullen leaving Bella Swan in order to keep her safe from other vampires. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart play the leads in the film.

"I don't think any other author has had a more positive experience with the makers of her movie adaptation than I have had with Summit Entertainment," Meyer said in a statement.

"Twilight" had been expected to open in the $50 million to $60 million range, although it looks likely to end up above that.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR113000 ... id=13&cs=1
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I'm so excited. I left the theater thinking "I'm ready for more, they better not keep me waiting long," and Summit has pulled through on that wish! Day after the film's release announcement makes seeing the movie even better b/c I know it isn't going to end w/ one film.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I must have New Moon!

All I can say, is Summit would be stupid not to do it. Ride the wave Summit.

Bad news from Rob... never gona get to cut that hair!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!