Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Re: New Moon~ The movie

Post by Edward_Addict »

I'm afraid that the same thing will happen with NM that happened with Twilight... my favorite moments from the book were butchered or completely left out, and my favorite scenes from the movie were not really standouts in the book. Which makes me worry that the whole cliff-diving-Alice-return-Edward-call won't be done the way it deserves.
Image Image
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Hopefully who ever directs the next film will listen to what the fans want, though I can't complain. I guess there were a few things I would have liked to have seen done differently in the movie version, most especially the restaurant scene, but anyway it would be nice if they would stop by a few forums, likely won't happen but one could wish.
alchemist
Settled in Forks

Post by alchemist »

Even thou all your suggestion for Jane is really good and "Janeish" I Think they should cast an older actor for the part. Like they did with Myrtle in Potter films. Jane is around also in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn so she can't grow and 14 year olds just change too fast. Someone who's actually at her twenties, but just looks younger would work better considering the future films. Ellen Page would be great for the part but she's probaply too well known and expencive due to her oscar nom.
Last edited by alchemist on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to your heart fly, it's fluttering like a hummingbird's wings.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^That is a really great point! Maybe someone in their late teens who looks young could do it. The problem is that they really have to look younger than Bella. I guess we'll see! :)

My favorite parts of the movie and the book are different - but that is to be expected, because the movie ISN"T the book. *shrugs*
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Edward_Addict wrote:I'm afraid that the same thing will happen with NM that happened with Twilight... my favorite moments from the book were butchered or completely left out, and my favorite scenes from the movie were not really standouts in the book. Which makes me worry that the whole cliff-diving-Alice-return-Edward-call won't be done the way it deserves.
For me the biggest fear is the movie adaption as a whole. With Summit not wanting to cooperate with increasing the budget and then..... :x :x -M. Rosenberg & C. Hardwicke in the picture, again... need I say more?

New Moon is too important and in depth to overlook anything in the story. To get the beauty in the midst of extreme heartbreak, love lost, new relationship developed, love returns, truth and redemption(Edward) all of these issues are vital to an incredible movie, but I'm not holding my breath.

Unless Hardwicke & Rosenberg get a clue about this genre of film and story and not see everything through the filter of teen angst/lust like her other movies were, then I have no hope for improvement. SM MUST take the reins in demanding that those two women do her book right and justly. Period!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

I think Cathrine is okay. If they keep her to make New Moon, I'm cool with it. Even though Twilight wasn't exactly like the book. She did a good job bringing the story to life. I mean, I read the article (can't remember the website) which talked about the originally script and storyline. It was totally different from the actual Twilight story. MTV & Paramount Pictures made Twilight into a wannabe Charlie's Angels.

So yeah, either way, Cathrine is alright. Hopefully Summit will grant her the right amount of funds to produce New Moon, and make the movie the way it's suppose to be.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

nafereti wrote:I think Cathrine is okay. If they keep her to make New Moon, I'm cool with it. Even though Twilight wasn't exactly like the book. She did a good job bringing the story to life. I mean, I read the article (can't remember the website) which talked about the originally script and storyline. It was totally different from the actual Twilight story. MTV & Paramount Pictures made Twilight into a wannabe Charlie's Angels.

So yeah, either way, Cathrine is alright. Hopefully Summit will grant her the right amount of funds to produce New Moon, and make the movie the way it's suppose to be.
I understand what you are saying, and I know about that stupid script "Charlie's Angels" style, but Hardwicke still did not get the movie right. Too much was left out to make sense and the script was horrible!!!!
You can give a skeletal presentation of the book as in what we saw in Twilight, but if you leave out key points, like the Meadow scene which was the basis of this book to begin with and the essence which was first love, true love and the sarcasm and witty banter, then all you have is a empty and hollow vision wrought by the director and script writer.

Hardwicke should stick to her teen angst/skate boarding movies and they need to find a director and writer that truly understands vampire genre and this saga in particular.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

navarre wrote:I understand what you are saying, and I know about that stupid script "Charlie's Angels" style, but Hardwicke still did not get the movie right. Too much was left out to make sense and the script was horrible!!!!
You can give a skeletal presentation of the book as in what we saw in Twilight, but if you leave out key points, like the Meadow scene which was the basis of this book to begin with and the essence which was first love, true love and the sarcasm and witty banter, then all you have is a empty and hollow vision wrought by the director and script writer.

Hardwicke should stick to her teen angst/skate boarding movies and they need to find a director and writer that truly understands vampire genre and this saga in particular.
Well yeah, I understand but you can't really place all the blame on her. When it comes to making a book into a movie, things are going to get cut out. Her budget wasn't that big to start off with anyway, and so (I believe) that aspect played a big role in the production of the movie.

Plus a lot of books that are made into a movie never fully justify the book. I think the worst book that was made into a movie was Blood and Chocolate. What a disappointment! I had refuse to watch it since it was wayyy off the plot of the story.

So I'm just thankful Twilight was not like that...LOL
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Masayume
Settled in Forks

Post by Masayume »

This is totally off topic in a way but I'm really rather baffled that more people don't seem to know about this site for any kind of good movie information. Especially box office charts:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

They update every Sunday/Monday with the latest info on US box office charts and that's how I've kept track of how much Twilight has pulled in. Not to mention any kind of information on any movie is there. New Moon has been listed on there for a while ; )

As for other things, I feel like I repeat myself a lot but, I really enjoy Catharine Hardwicke. Maybe it's because she's more underground and indie, but I feel like way too many uninformed people are blaming everything that went wrong with Twilight on her. Honestly I'd be thrilled for her to be brought back on for New Moon because I think once Summit get's its act together and gives NM a bigger budget and more time we could get a truer film. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but Catharine seems to be doing her darned-est to try.
alchemist
Settled in Forks

Post by alchemist »

Masayume wrote:This is totally off topic in a way but I'm really rather baffled that more people don't seem to know about this site for any kind of good movie information. Especially box office charts:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/

They update every Sunday/Monday with the latest info on US box office charts and that's how I've kept track of how much Twilight has pulled in. Not to mention any kind of information on any movie is there. New Moon has been listed on there for a while ; )
This is also very good site: http://www.boxofficemojo.com
Listen to your heart fly, it's fluttering like a hummingbird's wings.