Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by JenJen2112 »

ilovetwilight wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:
switzgal wrote:
TwilightRose1 wrote:So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?

I just read this...
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

I'm very upset! I HATE SUMMIT!
I think its still up in the air...I don't believe that source since they call Kristen Stewart Kristen Bell...if you can't get the actors names right you shouldn't be in entertainment news...double check names ppl!! (not original poster, the site that put the article up)
I reaaalllllyyy hope that article isn't true!
and I agree with Jen, an article that doesn't get the names of the actors right isn't really a great source for information. lol when i read Kristen Bell in the article i was like; "What? who the hell is kristen bell!?" hey that rhymes... :mrgreen:
yeah I read Kristen Bell and was like the girl from Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall...uhh okay...I could understand if Kristen Stewart and Kristen Bell were anything alike or did similar project but no, two very different actresses...I think in the next week or so we will know for sure...
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Haha, you know what would be so cool? If Hayley Williams from Paramore could act, not that I know she can't...she could be cast as Jane! That would be so rad..
:)
ImageImage
E<3B
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

malaz very well said. I think we all need to take a breath. We have a director who was up for an Oscar. He has tons of experience for a bigger looking film then Twilight was. From reading all the posts on here there weren't many that were all that thrilled with Catherine's vision. Yes, we all loved Robert as Edward etc., but there were tons of posts of how cheesy parts were, scenes left out, let's just let it happen. Let's not pick it all apart until after the movie. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly in awe.

I feel very badly for Taylor and his fans, but as soon as I saw him in Twilight, this is just my opinion, I felt he looked perfect for Twilight, but no way for the morphing into a bigger guy. Seeing him next to Robert on Tyra's show he looked so young and small in statue. Jacob ends up bigger than Edward. Catherine cast him so blame her for not looking to the other books. She probably didn't think it would be this big of a hit. Taylor can act. That's for sure, but if Summit is looking at Twilight and wanting to make it better for us for the rest,... they:

1. got a better director, more polished

2. saw that Taylor isn't going to fit into a major role. HE has to hold the whole movie up this go round. This sets the stage for the triangle. Fans and non fans have to be torn between these two. I love Taylor, but he isn't going be able to do it. He can't help it if he's small and young looking, but Summit can. And I'm betting they will offer Taylor a movie deal, they won't forget him. Hee hee if NM fails then he lucked out, right? But it won't!

3. They are giving us BOTH movies! So I say breath and let happen whatever is going to happen. Why are you wanting to send a petition to a studio that wants to improve the movies for us??? We don't even know if it's going to be bad. It could be amazing!
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

I agree that a petition is a little strong...

BUT

I'm thinking we're all a little bit on edge for this next movie. Most all of us saw Twilight, and recognized how much better it could have been, and we don't want NM to be the same. I'm glad that they've contracted someone who has a lot of experience with special FX, and can handle a big fantasy movie, but I really hope that he has an amazing vision for these movies. I think what most people admired about Catherine Hardwicke (even if they didn't like her style, or didn't think she was the best director) was that this wasn't just another project for her. She really loved the books, and wanted to do them justice. now, in my opinion... the movie wasn't quite up to par... but what we need now is for Chris Weitz to have the same love for these books that Peter Jackson had for LotR, and the same love for these books that Catherine Hardwicke has, and to make them AMAZING.

from what I've heard, he didn't stick to the book when it came to The Golden Compass, so I'm hoping he can stick to the book for this one. I'm anxious to see what happens...

and as for Taylor... I'm kind of drawn. I love Taylor, but he is pretty young looking. I guess, once again.. we're just going to have to wait and see :|
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

Guys I LOVE taylor, but can you REALLY see him, even with platform shoes or something to make hm look 6'5 or whatever, can you see him trying to protect bella, or get romantic with her, trying to be smooth or...hell, can you even see him with renesmee or being alpha? I can't. I can't see it. I will if he's cast and be happy with it, but if they replace him, I'm going to be equally happy. I can't see him as an adult. He's just a kid! He'll look awkward next to Bella trying to mack on her. He's no real competition for Edward and he has got to seem like he is! Michael Copon, if he IS cast, looks JUST like Taylor, IMO.

Also, count me in on EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD about New Moon! I'm happy with Chris Weitz, I'm happy with them replacing Taylor, and I'm happy with them moving forward. There are a TON Of reasons to want to get this started. First, it SHOULD be about money. Summit is a company who has to pay their own bills. It's not just the heads who get paid, you know. There are below the line employees who have families to feed too. It's a business. Their goal is to make money and churn out entertainment for the public.

Without money, our little film franchise wouldn't get made AT ALL. And if New Moon doesn't make money guess what? NO ECLIPSE. NO BREAKING DAWN. Nothing. Nada. The end. They want to keep their fan base before they move on. They want their actors to remain as close to the same age as they can.

And about Stephenie? She sold her rights. She has no say whatsoever in what happens in the films. She gave up her rights to do what she wanted to these. She sold them. They are no longer her stories to tell in film version. We should consider ourselves lucky that they are consulting her instead of pulling a Queen of the Damned with Anne Rice. And did you guys ever stop to think for a moment that maybe she DID like Twilight? Maybe she DID approve of it? And maybe she HAS approved the New Moon script?

We're assuming a hell of a lot here.

Chillax!
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

I love Taylor, I never had any problem with him in Twilight. BUT the other two guys that they've talked about casting, Michael Copon and Steven Strait I think are good Jacob's too. I think Summit is just trying to make this a decent movie as cheap as possible and expect a bagillion fan girls to go see it thinking that they have a hit or something. If I don't like what I see in the trailers, I'm boycotting it.

Bottom line: Summit, this is really getting out of hand.

BTW: Can somebody, please, for the love of all that is holy tell me what the "Why are we talking about a donkey?" thing means.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

ilovetwilight wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:
switzgal wrote:
TwilightRose1 wrote:So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?

I just read this...
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

I'm very upset! I HATE SUMMIT!
I think its still up in the air...I don't believe that source since they call Kristen Stewart Kristen Bell...if you can't get the actors names right you shouldn't be in entertainment news...double check names ppl!! (not original poster, the site that put the article up)
I reaaalllllyyy hope that article isn't true!
and I agree with Jen, an article that doesn't get the names of the actors right isn't really a great source for information. lol when i read Kristen Bell in the article i was like; "What? who the hell is kristen bell!?" hey that rhymes... :mrgreen:
Creepy Realisation!

WHAT IF KRISTEN BELL (chick who plays Veronica Mars) IS REPLACING KRISTEN STEWART !

ikid ikid...
made by ipattz218
E<3B
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

ok so maybe I'm just a little slow, but I JUST realized something...

by the time theyre filming BD, the actors will have aged by a few years.

:shock:

I wonder what that's going to look like.
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I think, we have all taken that into consideration, even the actors themselves...

Summit, get your crap together. Im gonna just enjoy Twilight now, and worry about New Moon when the time comes.

HOWEVER, I am writing a letter for them to keep Taylor, he is cute, and he is a good Jacob.

Im just pass annoyed with all of this crapola! :)
Now to go fantasize aboot Robert!
ImageImage
E<3B
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

All I really hope for from Summit with New Moon is if that they want to churn it out really quick for money that they don't stuff it up. As long as they are true to the book then I'll be happy. Haven't heard much about this new director but again, as long as they do a decent adaptation Ill be happy. If they can do all this and get them out quick, great. As for Taylor, as much as I like him I can see where they are coming from in wanting to cast someone else....im on the fence with that one atm.