Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

The ''guy'' whatever his name is...is ANNOYING LOOKING. he dosen't look like Jacob...
grr.
ImageImage
E<3B
mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

Sigh, I am really glad that we knowsome of what's going on. Hopefully there will be an officila release about who is playing Jacob. Fingers crossed for Taylor Lautner!!
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Until I hear from Summit, I won't stop hoping. I really don't understand the need to replace Taylor... with another guy that doesn't look different from him... ugh...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

soozabooza54 wrote:Until I hear from Summit, I won't stop hoping. I really don't understand the need to replace Taylor... with another guy that doesn't look different from him... ugh...
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that's he underage. They want to get New Moon out super fast and one of the reasons that Twilight took so long to film was because Kristen was under 18. Particularly if they want to make him look older, they wouldn't want to take the extra time to spend on makeup. That's my guess but who knows what reasoning they will give IF they do replace him.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^I agree with those reasons - they make sense. But it's just heartbreaking if it's true. :(
E<3B
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Yeah, I can understand where they're coming from, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I'd rather have them keep Taylor and take all the time in the world to make the movie. I'll be heartbroken if he's replaced too :cry:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I def. just wrote a letter. If you want to read it, it's over on the Taylor thread.

You ever wonder what the other actors think about all this...?
E<3B
Em24
Settled in Forks

Post by Em24 »

TopazLove wrote:Please don't flame me...But, I am really liking the Taylor to Micheal thing. To me Jacob was a beautiful, sweet, innocent, boy, with a smile like sunshine.... until the change. After that, he was a cocky, obnoxious, hot, butthead, MAN (whom I love to death....like a brother, lol - well, minus the whole hot thing, lol) He was a completely different person to me. He LOOKED like a completely different person in my head, while I read it. This is PERFECT for me. I do feel really bad for Taylor. I really hope he gets to play Jacob until the date at the movies. But, his career is still going to skyrocket because of Twilight.
I agree to a certain extent, but I am conflicted. When reading New Moon it was very hard for me to picture how Jacob as described by Bella could go from how he was in the beginning to what he transformed into, both physically and personality wise. For me, Taylor Lautner was the perfect beginning Jacob. He portrayed that young, lighthearted person in the story just right. Outside of the movie, Taylor as an actor, I truly enjoyed seeing him interviewed as he seemed to love the whole phenomenon. For that reason, I will truly miss him if he does not continue all the way through the movie. He is just a joy to watch.

However, in trying to visualize him as the transformed Jacob, I am not sure. It will be hard for me to watch someone else play Jacob as I identify him with the role in the movie, but aesthetically will it work? I don't know. So, my view is that I will still go see New Moon, as much as I love the novels, how could I not? I will also try to reserve judgment and look at it from a movie making prospective. Will it help tell a better story? Time will tell.
Dazzling Inspiration
A website blog showcasing the many facets of Twilight music.

Icon by vampiresftw
"Lucky" photo taken and made by me!
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

I'm pretty use to Taylor playing Jacob. Even in his interviews he embraced the Jacob persona to a T and to have this takened away from him so fast, without him benefiting from being the star, sucks so much backside. If I was a Taylor fan I would be so friggin pissed. Atleast Michael Copon is a good choice--he looks like an older version of Taylor. I was looking at his interviews and he carries himself pretty well. I don't see Kristen having a problem with any future scenes with this guy lol if he's cast there's going to be a Team Jacob explosion :lol:
Last edited by chichichobits on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

I am looking forward to the movie now that CW posted that little letter on For Stephenie to post! I damn near fell out with the no torches and pitchforks needed remark. LOL