New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jaspercookie

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by jaspercookie »

TwilightRose1 wrote:*cringes* Im not going to lie.. I absolutely hated Golden Compass.. i just thought it was a bit.. off.. i cant explain it, But I'm hoping New Moon will be great! I hope it'll get better reviews than Twilight seemed to...
I know! Golden Compass was terrible. I'm really worried now.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I was talking to my sister about how some girls are like, "I am going to not see New Moon, because, Edward is barely in it". That pisses me off...Jacob and Bellas relationship is a very important part of the saga! -headdesk-
Stupid *squee* fangirls.
ImageImage
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

elizabella wrote:I think we're panicking a little unnecessarily.

(sorry very random but there's an ad above this message for Microsoft CRM and it knows the date and keeps changing the time so it's always accurate, it's seriously spooky :o )

Anyway, as a Harry Potter fan, I wouldn't have imagined that they could ever replace Dumbledore, he's such a cornerstone of a character but when Richard Harris died, he had to be replaced and I think Michael Gambon has done a great job so even though it can be painful changing the actors (if necessary) sometimes it is for the best.

I agree if it needs to be done then just do it and don't make a big deal out of it...I know the studio's between a rock and a hard place because they don't want to make a decision until the new director is on board, but as of now a lot of the "rumors" are giving them bad press...I agree about Dumbledore too...In my opinion you can watch the series and not be thrown off by the actor switch (although death is the unavoidable part in that one so they HAD to replace him)...I guess its a wait and see game now...and we should know very soon since pre-production is set to start this month (I think)
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I was talking to my sister about how some girls are like, "I am going to not see New Moon, because, Edward is barely in it". That pisses me off...Jacob and Bellas relationship is a very important part of the saga! -headdesk-
Stupid *squee* fangirls.
Yeah.. I love Edward as much as the next girl.. but youre right. New moon is about a very important time in Bella's life. and even in Edward and Bella's relationship. Jacob is one of the most important characters in the books, and New Moon is where we really get to know him! Im looking forward to there being more Jacob in the movies :)
ipattz218
Wandering Through Town

Post by ipattz218 »

elizabella wrote:I think we're panicking a little unnecessarily.

(sorry very random but there's an ad above this message for Microsoft CRM and it knows the date and keeps changing the time so it's always accurate, it's seriously spooky :o )

Anyway, as a Harry Potter fan, I wouldn't have imagined that they could ever replace Dumbledore, he's such a cornerstone of a character but when Richard Harris died, he had to be replaced and I think Michael Gambon has done a great job so even though it can be painful changing the actors (if necessary) sometimes it is for the best.
That's true to an extent BUT...watching the movies and knowing that Dumbledore had to be replaced... i couldn't tell the difference.
made by ipattz218
E<3B
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

TwilightRose1 wrote:
twilightbelle<3 wrote:I was talking to my sister about how some girls are like, "I am going to not see New Moon, because, Edward is barely in it". That pisses me off...Jacob and Bellas relationship is a very important part of the saga! -headdesk-
Stupid *squee* fangirls.
Yeah.. I love Edward as much as the next girl.. but youre right. New moon is about a very important time in Bella's life. and even in Edward and Bella's relationship. Jacob is one of the most important characters in the books, and New Moon is where we really get to know him! Im looking forward to there being more Jacob in the movies :)
I know! It's like, Jacob is, okay, maybe not JUST as important as Edward, but he is definitley up there. And New Moon was the book that helped strengthen Bella and Edwards relationship...it also showed a time where Bella could realize things she probably woudln't have before. We also learn A TON about Jacob. I don't think I could stomach a major change!

*PS, the guy they casted as Embry is cute. You know? Those two guys that were with Jacob when he goes to talk to Bella on the part of Twilight where she goes to First Beach with everyone? Is he going to be Embry for sure?*
ImageImage
E<3B
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

TwilightRose1 wrote:
Stupid *squee* fangirls.
You definitely hit it...without New Moon, nothing in Eclipse (well at least Bella's struggle between her "natural life, and the one with Edward) would make any sense at all...and in my personal opinion, I think we learn a lot about Bella in New Moon, and she definitely grows a lot as a character...if they don't want to see New Moon then that's on them...but I bet they'll still see it anyway...November/December 2009 is a long ways away...
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

The difference is the original Dumbledore died. Taylor is alive and can stay playing Jacob. If it's the 6'7" height issue, then Summit is concentrating on the wrong details. Jacob's height and looks (he's suppose to look older) DOES NOTHING to the plot. However, Summit can just leave Taylor as is w/ no CGI, and concentrate on the PHASING, and the look of the werewolves. Not how they will make Taylor 6'7".

Alice is suppose to be 4'9", well hello Summit, Ashley Greene is taller than Kristen Stewart, why didn't they worry about that??? Why didn't they replace Ashley? I thought she was a perfect Alice. And Taylor is a perfect Jacob!
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

ipattz218 wrote:
ilovetwilight wrote:Wait who is this guy from one tree hill that might be replacing Taylor? Does somebody have a pic?
And I know that vampires are supposed to be good looking, but I pictured like men in there late 40's or early 50's or something for Aro, Caius, and Marcus, I didn't picture all of these hot young actors that people are suggesting.... but maybe thats just me...
Just IMDB Michael Copon.
It's Felix from One Tree Hill. He was in Season 2 so.. yeah.
He's hot! lol :lol: , he would make a good Quil and they should have Steven Strait play Paul
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:
TwilightRose1 wrote:
Stupid *squee* fangirls.
I know! It's like, Jacob is, okay, maybe not JUST as important as Edward, but he is definitley up there. And New Moon was the book that helped strengthen Bella and Edwards relationship...it also showed a time where Bella could realize things she probably woudln't have before. We also learn A TON about Jacob. I don't think I could stomach a major change!

*PS, the guy they casted as Embry is cute. You know? Those two guys that were with Jacob when he goes to talk to Bella on the part of Twilight where she goes to First Beach with everyone? Is he going to be Embry for sure?*

Exactly. People need to realize that without Jacob, the story.. well.. wouldnt have been nearly as interesting lol Not only did New Moon help strengthen Bella and Edwards relationship.. but Jacob really did help Bella retain her sanity during one of the hardest times in her life. Yes, Jacob was a bit of a twit to Edward later on, but he was a real friend to Bella when she needed him.
I havent seent he guy whose going to play Embry.. IS he cute?? lol Ill have to go see.. ^.^