Post by nafereti »

Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by Miss Cullen »

sarina1113 wrote:
nafereti wrote:Nov. 20th 2009. Is it just me or does that seem a little bit too early?!

I know the reason why they releasing it early is because they're filming back to back due to the vampires never aging. But still!! The best movies are always the ones that take FOREVER to come out.

I just hope that NM is not going to be rushed.
Ditto. I think I heard that March 2009 was when they'll officially start filming? If so, it does seem like a really short time but pre-production supposedly started Monday (according to recent articles I've read) so they've got a ton of time to prepare so things run smoothly.

OH Yea! I just wanted to tell you that I ADORE the picture in your siggy. It brings a smile to my face whenever I see it. They look so cute and comfortable together :)
If you think about it thats how long it took to do twilight, from memory Kristin wasnt cast till close till the end of 2007 and they were filming past april of 2008 (cause its been stated several times that Kristin turned 18 part way through filming) and they still got it out in November. So casting pre-production and everything was done on twilight in probably only a little over 12 months, same almost as what they are intending on New Moon.
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

Okay I am/was stressing over this New Moon stuff from them trying to replace Jacob, who was directing, who was going to cast for this and them and this and that. I am a emotionally wreck because I can seem to get my darn fix of this twilight series. So I have resorted to reading fan fictions and let me just say that on we all have been talking about is something else, from the edward and bella :oops: :oops: scenes I melting at the thought of them and that fact that Jessica gets black eyes from bella Hilarious, that shower scene OMG I think I will be reading these fan fictions to keep me in tact until the movies come out. The darn board has me obsessed with it. when it was down I was literally walking around like a zombie because I didn't have anything to do.

okay I am done ranting gotta go to work. darn it again!!!!
needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

Miss Cullen wrote:If you think about it thats how long it took to do twilight, from memory Kristin wasnt cast till close till the end of 2007 and they were filming past april of 2008 (cause its been stated several times that Kristin turned 18 part way through filming) and they still got it out in November. So casting pre-production and everything was done on twilight in probably only a little over 12 months, same almost as what they are intending on New Moon.
But this time, they have to figure out how to create the wolves. And possibly how to bulk up Taylor Lautner. (Fingers are crossed). And if they are filming in Italy and all the new actors they have to hire. So on and so on... How can they make this work?
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

needwingstofly wrote:
Miss Cullen wrote:If you think about it thats how long it took to do twilight, from memory Kristin wasnt cast till close till the end of 2007 and they were filming past april of 2008 (cause its been stated several times that Kristin turned 18 part way through filming) and they still got it out in November. So casting pre-production and everything was done on twilight in probably only a little over 12 months, same almost as what they are intending on New Moon.
But this time, they have to figure out how to create the wolves. And possibly how to bulk up Taylor Lautner. (Fingers are crossed). And if they are filming in Italy and all the new actors they have to hire. So on and so on... How can they make this work?
Optimism, I tell ya! :) That release date isn't set in stone anyways, right? I'm assuming that the lifecycle for New Moon is well planned and deadlines are met when they need to be so they aren't rushing during the filming and editing.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

mom26ks
Wandering Through Town

Post by mom26ks »

I really think that it's probably the norm to film a movie for 3 months, then have the special effects and editing done. They probably could have it out next November, really CH laid the ground work.
s69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/len...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

sarina1113 wrote:
needwingstofly wrote:
Optimism, I tell ya! :) That release date isn't set in stone anyways, right? I'm assuming that the lifecycle for New Moon is well planned and deadlines are met when they need to be so they aren't rushing during the filming and editing.
That's sadly true for the most part. I mean look at what happened with Twilight, it jumped dates because the WB moved Harry Potter to third quarter next year. I'd rather they didn't rush it, but I'm still betting that Summit will go for the Nov. 20th date.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

If anything, the petitions will show Taylor how much we loved him and the fan-support we have for him. So, that's cool. Unfortunately, I don't think Summit/Chris Weitz are going to change their minds . . . :cry:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

So have the PTB decided to go with a different actor? Is it Michael Copon? If it is, I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing against Michael, but, really, they should have at least tried with Taylor. I mean, they can do the make up thing and he was buffing up for the role.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I see it, if Peter Jackson can have Billy Boyd and Danny Broyles(Merry & Pippin) to be on their knees to shoot the Hobbit scenes and have Sir Ian McKellan up on a crate for his scenes with Bilbo Baggins in his house, why couldn't they have worked this out with Taylor?

Oh well.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

Because CGI work that they would have to use for EVERY SINGLE SCENE with Jacob in it is not cheap, people. Why spend 5 million on extensive, expensive CGI work to make an actor look older, bigger, etc, when they can just hire an older, bigger actor who looks reasonably like the first actor, and pay him 2 million. Just saved themselves 3 million dollars. It could add on months and months of post filming editing. It's just not that easy.

CGI is expensive. Would you rather the money be spent so Jacob can look older, or so the wolves don't end up looking like Prof. Lupin?

You guys are demanding lot and every single thing in this picture costs money. They are going to have to save on something, somewhere.

This is why they won't hire people like Christopher Lee or Jason Issacs. Not going to happen. Too expensive, and the names alone would take away from the real stars of the film, Kristen and Rob.

As for a year to film: I would say this is pretty accurate for most films. Each film can last for filming between 6 weeks or less to 6 months to a year, just to film. I would say shooting March- July, and then editing July-Sept, along with all of the score, special effects being figured out that whole time...That gives them plenty of time to work with. This isn't Harry Potter, guys. Do we really want to have to wait 293847234 years between films?