Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by cullen_kissez »

I'd hope to think that that article is really a credible source.
Besides Summit's website look atrocious!! I wonder if they want to hire me?
I know fair is fair, but I agree - they shouldn't have the rights to no more of the SM books ..
I'm afraid of the outcome ..
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
brandofheroin

Post by brandofheroin »

cullen_kissez wrote:I'd hope to think that that article is really a credible source.
Besides Summit's website look atrocious!! I wonder if they want to hire me?
I know fair is fair, but I agree - they shouldn't have the rights to no more of the SM books ..
I'm afraid of the outcome ..
well then who do you think should have the rights? i mean that I do concur with you and they way they portrayed the books...but i mean...they're getting a new director...hopefully he or she will do a better job than catherine hardewicke...i mean she did it justice to an extent...but it could've been better and im jush hoping that new moon will be better than twilight was!...
!TEAM EDWARD! <3

...you'll learn to hate me...
...but still call me baby...
...oh love...
so call me by my name...
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I think it's time for a petition.

They are changing EVERYTHING.
The cast, the director, they are planning to have a LOT OF Edward in the movie,
which is basically not New Moon, I love Edward and Robert, but I'd love it if they would just stick to the story.

Ugh, maybe with a petion and tons of signs we can be heard and reach Summit somehow.
I'm just freaking pissed.
brandofheroin

Post by brandofheroin »

ana; wrote:I think it's time for a petition.

They are changing EVERYTHING.
The cast, the director, they are planning to have a LOT OF Edward in the movie,
which is basically not New Moon, I love Edward and Robert, but I'd love it if they would just stick to the story.

Ugh, maybe with a petion and tons of signs we can be heard and reach Summit somehow.
I'm just freaking pissed.
who else is getting outsted of the movie other than the director?!...
!TEAM EDWARD! <3

...you'll learn to hate me...
...but still call me baby...
...oh love...
so call me by my name...
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

BREAKING NEWS!
hehehe.
Chris Weitz is the new director for New Moon, if you haven't already heard!
YAY! If you don't know him, he was the director for the Golden Compass, which I have to admit, was a VERY good movie even though I didn't really like the book. I thought the Golden Compass Movie was going to be bad, but my friend took me to see it, and it was actually very good.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Why is everyone criticizing Summit?
The thing that most confuses me, is that if no one likes what they are doing with new moon, don't bother watching the movie.

I am so utterly happy. Incredibly so. First, we get a kicka** director. I am so happy that Catherine is not directing new moon. I am not sure if she's capable of capturing the essence of the heartbreaking months Bella goes through and Edward's pain. I am not sure she can capture the strength of their love as she failed to do so in Twilight. Her directing style was inconsistent and horrible. Twilight was good but it could have been made loads better. I am glad Summit is taking a step forward with providing us with another vision. Chris is perfect. His directing style is sleek and flows and he clearly has experience not only with directing but special effects as well. He's a great choice.

Replacing Taylor - for me, it's not so hard to see someone else in his shoes as Jacob black. I am not sure. i like Taylor, he's a cool dude. But as long as they cast someone good enough. i don't mind much. I just feel horrible for him. poor taylor.

I do not know what's wrong with having more Edward in the movie. It works for me. Either there is more Edward or there is not that much Edward like in new moon.
I would get BORED watching scene after scene of jacob and bella.
-oh there's jacob and bella at the hospital
-there's jacob and bella in the garage
-there's jacob and bella laughing, jacob and bella talking, jacob and bella flirting, jacob and bella seeing a movie, bella and jacob riding their bikes...and endless jacob and bella. I mean COME ON.
I say yes, allow Jacob and Bella's relationship to grow as so in new moon, ALLOW Edward Cullen to appear and show his pain. -- Because if he shows up in the beginning and in the end, it will look CLICHE. the boyfriend dumps her, she goes through pain, and then he comes back into her life. and they are happy. YAY! not.
New moon was written from 1st person. i do not want 1st in the movie. i don't want it filmed as a documentry. I want it filmed where there is Bella and jacob and there is Edward and the cullens. Both in extruciating pain.
Besides, I doubt Summit would want to pay Rob $12 million to be in 30 min of the movie.

Anyways, that was my opinion. And i am STOKED for new moon. Whether it's the way I want it or not. i will still love it because i have a feeling it will be amazing and if not, well...that's too bad i say. There's always the books.
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

I totally agree with everything you said, malaz. Everything but the thing about Taylor. But if they hadn't chosen him from the beginning to play Jacob Black, I wouldn't have been as mad, but I've just grown to like him so much, and he's what got me excited for Jacob.
I hated Jacob when I read the books, but when I found out that Taylor Lautner was cast to play him, I couldn't wait for New Moon.

Catherine Hardwicke, I think, didn't do as good a job I think that she could've. I reckon Chris will do and AMAZING job of New Moon cause I seriously loved the Golden Compass. I hope he goes on to direct Eclipse, and if they're succesful enough, Breaking Dawn.

Yay for Chris!
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:I totally agree with everything you said, malaz. Everything but the thing about Taylor. But if they hadn't chosen him from the beginning to play Jacob Black, I wouldn't have been as mad, but I've just grown to like him so much, and he's what got me excited for Jacob.
I hated Jacob when I read the books, but when I found out that Taylor Lautner was cast to play him, I couldn't wait for New Moon.

Catherine Hardwicke, I think, didn't do as good a job I think that she could've. I reckon Chris will do and AMAZING job of New Moon cause I seriously loved the Golden Compass. I hope he goes on to direct Eclipse, and if they're succesful enough, Breaking Dawn.

Yay for Chris!
yeah I think we will hear about the Jacob stuff over the weekend since pre-production is supposedly starting Monday...as for Chris I'm glad someone other than me likes him! I think CH was more into the independent feel of it and Chris Weitz will bring the real hollywood feel with spectacular special effects...I did like The Golden Compass and I knew that movie would be NOTHING like the books so I walked into the theater will no expectations, much like I do with most books turned into movies (with the exception of the Chronicles of Narnia, some things should never be messed with lol)...I think he is the right man for the job and if he is close to the president of summit, yay for us in case he needs any favors from up above, lol
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

From http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

"According to sources that talked with Entertainment Weekly, the fast-paced schedule for production which begins with pre-production on Dec. 15 in Vancouver, was a big turn-off for the director. 'She'd love to do the sequel if she could do it better than Twilight,' the spy said."

Of course Hardwicke wanted to make New Moon better than Twilight. We ALL want that, but she didn't think it was possible with Summit's time frame. She would know better than any of us...

"In addition, the role of Jacob is now up for grabs as Taylor Lautner will not be reprising it in the sequel. Summit Entertainment deemed him too young-looking and slight of frame to play the maturing werewolf."

It seems to me that Summit didn't think this through when they gave Taylor the role. Why didn't they choose someone who could make the transition the way they see it from the get go? Then this wouldn't even be an issue. "Sorry Taylor, but we didn't read New Moon, you know, the sequel to Twilight? And, well, turns out that you don't fit as Jacob anymore...oops." :roll: [I'm being sarcastic, don't take me literally.]

Malaz -- I disagree that "if no one likes what they are doing with new moon, don't bother watching the movie." Well, let me rephrase. I agree if you don't support it then don't see it, but I don't feel so blasé about that. I mean what a BIG disappointment for Twilight fans to feel that way. I think it's worthy of complaints. Someone finally took the bait to turn these books into movies (yay Summit), but now some people feel that it's ruining them (boo Summit).

Personally, I'm not holding my breath for a great movie. I felt that way before I even knew NM was official though. All of this speculation just adds to my doubts. Oh well, time will tell.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

JenJen2112 wrote:
switzgal wrote:
TwilightRose1 wrote:So.. they are definitely replacing him? Or is it still up in the air? I havent done much research on it.. but that seems somewhat pointless doesnt it?

I just read this...
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archi ... bfm_page=0

I'm very upset! I HATE SUMMIT!
I think its still up in the air...I don't believe that source since they call Kristen Stewart Kristen Bell...if you can't get the actors names right you shouldn't be in entertainment news...double check names ppl!! (not original poster, the site that put the article up)
I reaaalllllyyy hope that article isn't true!
and I agree with Jen, an article that doesn't get the names of the actors right isn't really a great source for information. lol when i read Kristen Bell in the article i was like; "What? who the hell is kristen bell!?" hey that rhymes... :mrgreen:
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!