Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by nafereti »

navarre wrote:
AmandaRose wrote:I recently saw an interview with Robert Pattinson and he said that his favourite book out of the whole saga was "New Moon", and when asked why, he said that it was because he was hardly in it. I thought that was hysterical.

As far as the "actual" movie or what we can assume will be in the actual movie. I think that it is very important, not only to the story, but in respect of Stephanie Meyer, to really focus on the relationship and the dynamic between Jacob and Bella. I know we all love Edward's character and hate to see him go, but the rest of "New Moon" and "Eclipse" won't have the same affect if we don't truly understand the relationship between the two. What Jacob said in "Eclipse" about him being Bella's "natural" path if all the mythical creatures didn't exist; is incredibly important to the story.

I also think that we need the character of Edward in the beginning, so that we can see the true anguish that Bella is going through. I know most of us can understand heartache and heartbreak, but very few of us (sadly, me included in that few) can truly understand that level of heartache; that debilitating, darkest of dark places. It's crucial, in my opinion. It sets up so much for the rest of the story.

I just think that if Summit is only thinking in dollars and cents then they are going to let down, not only us as fans, but the story we love. It will be cut down to a cheap representation of what Stephanie Meyer worked so lovingly and hard on. I think they owe it to her, to really get the true meat of the story in the movie, even if it makes three hours. I'd pay to see a true love story, and not just a money maker.
Since we all know Edward returns, I can't understand why people would want to vary from the storyline and have him more in the film than he is supposed to be. Why is it so hard to bring a great story alive? FOLLOW THE BOOK!!!!!!! I HAVE RANTED ABOUT THIS A GAZILLION TIMES!!!

Edward is in the first three chapters and the last four. No where else. The audience and especially the ones that have not even read the book, need to understand why Bella is so heartbroken. Since their relationship was not established in the first movie(this at the expense of CH's b.s. 'cool man/hippy crap we saw) then the movie needs to establish that and give us the budding relationship between Jacob/Bella.

If the story is explored completely by the book, then this movie will be the moneymaker that the greedy studios are looking for and we, the fans, will at last be content. This is contigent on a great script, great direction and actors that care about these stories.

I agree with you AmandaRose.

I totally agree with you guys. Edward needs to stay out of the movie. I think the whole time when Bella hears he's voice, then they should just saw his eyes or his mouth speaking then flash back to her. other then that. i think they need to really show why bella started developing feelings for jacob and why they became so close.
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

i just saw on e news the rumors about taylor being replaced....i wanna cry :cry:

this is making me mad :evil:
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

so far they are just rumors...we have to wait until they SIGN a new director and then that choice will come...
nafereti

Post by nafereti »

JenJen2112 wrote:so far they are just rumors...we have to wait until they SIGN a new director and then that choice will come...
i know, but for it to come out on tv even if it is just a rumor....nnnnoooo...
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

nafereti wrote:
JenJen2112 wrote:so far they are just rumors...we have to wait until they SIGN a new director and then that choice will come...
i know, but for it to come out on tv even if it is just a rumor....nnnnoooo...
lol I know I think they will do whats best for the movie...I really like Taylor especially since he's from my 2nd hometown...even if they do recast him, I think he does have a very bright future in Hollywood
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

It would totally suck if they just up and replace come on we already like the guy now :lol: supposively Michael Copon might be the new guy
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

beena wrote:Chris has nothing to do with the movie sticking to the book or not. That is the screen writers job. It was all in Melissa Rosenburg's hands. With a finished script, all we can do is hope Melissa asked for Stephanie's input and that Steph had a final say. Chris has the ability to change a few things here and there but not the entire script.

I totally agree...but everywhere before the movie they were talking about how SM had an input in the script. She even said so herself! After seeing the movie, maybe she just said that to decrease the worry so many fans had about the movie...
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

elizabella
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I think we're panicking a little unnecessarily.

(sorry very random but there's an ad above this message for Microsoft CRM and it knows the date and keeps changing the time so it's always accurate, it's seriously spooky :o )

Anyway, as a Harry Potter fan, I wouldn't have imagined that they could ever replace Dumbledore, he's such a cornerstone of a character but when Richard Harris died, he had to be replaced and I think Michael Gambon has done a great job so even though it can be painful changing the actors (if necessary) sometimes it is for the best.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

AmandaRose wrote:I recently saw an interview with Robert Pattinson and he said that his favourite book out of the whole saga was "New Moon", and when asked why, he said that it was because he was hardly in it. I thought that was hysterical.
that's weird. He said in another interview that new moon is his favourite even though he's hardly in it but that's not the reason.
Robert is confusing me. Can you give me the link to the interview?
I'll try to find the interview when he said that. :D
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

*cringes* Im not going to lie.. I absolutely hated Golden Compass.. i just thought it was a bit.. off.. i cant explain it, But I'm hoping New Moon will be great! I hope it'll get better reviews than Twilight seemed to...