Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Re: New Moon Movie ~ Take 2

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

singingsolitude wrote:ok so maybe I'm just a little slow, but I JUST realized something...

by the time theyre filming BD, the actors will have aged by a few years.

:shock:

I wonder what that's going to look like.
Hm... good point. But I don't think there is actually anything they can do, because they're already rushing through New Moon, and hoping to get it out by Sepetember? 2009, so they'll probably do a movie a year. There's no use rushing through it even more because it'll turn out crap...but if they take their time, the actors will grow old.
I think they could either use heaps of make-up, do some editing stuff on their hi-tech computers, or use the special effect thing they used for Brad Pitt in his new film about that Benjiman kid. They could probably use it for Renesmee too, because she has to grow up pretty fast!
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
brandofheroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by brandofheroin »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:
singingsolitude wrote:ok so maybe I'm just a little slow, but I JUST realized something...

by the time theyre filming BD, the actors will have aged by a few years.

:shock:

I wonder what that's going to look like.
Hm... good point. But I don't think there is actually anything they can do, because they're already rushing through New Moon, and hoping to get it out by Sepetember? 2009, so they'll probably do a movie a year. There's no use rushing through it even more because it'll turn out crap...but if they take their time, the actors will grow old.
I think they could either use heaps of make-up, do some editing stuff on their hi-tech computers, or use the special effect thing they used for Brad Pitt in his new film about that Benjiman kid. They could probably use it for Renesmee too, because she has to grow up pretty fast!
all of that is true...
!TEAM EDWARD! <3

...you'll learn to hate me...
...but still call me baby...
...oh love...
so call me by my name...
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Wow! tons of rumours going around about replacing actors... I guess we will all just have to wait and see.. maybe they will make good changes! These people are professionals...they know what theyre doing.. right?
*crosses fingers*
jasper5485
Settled in Forks

Post by jasper5485 »

Well, my fingers are crossed. Im not sure on the Jacob thing i did not see Taylor and Rob side by side but I will just wait and see. I also agree that we are lucky that Stephenie is able to have some input on the movie script ( to at least be able to stand up and say this is important to my fans) I liked Twilight the book was better but that was my adaptation of the Stephenie's words. I am looking forward to the new director I thought the special effects were not up to par in Twilight and hope they will be in New Moon. I do also hope that the new director has appreciation for the story line and the fans and sticks to the book!!!
shavei7
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by shavei7 »

tomorrow is Sunday and I think Summit will be releasing an official statement regarding NM...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Summit, the screenwriter, and director won't screw this up **

If they do f*ck this up, all hell will break lose ... :twisted: :evil: ....
Thnx for the awesome banner NIKKI/stellar87!
Team ROBWARD. But I get dibs on Taylor's abs!
slut.. skank.. slut.. skank.. turtle..
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Lets hope not! i think it would be reallly weird if they replaced alll the characters.. but a few wouldnt be bad at all. Sometimes actors cant fulfill their roles bc of previous contracts or something.. and thats usually never anything huge.. but idk maybe it will be really distracting if they replace jacob.. replacing Edward and Bella would be a lot worse though..
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

TwilightRose1 wrote:Wow! tons of rumours going around about replacing actors... I guess we will all just have to wait and see.. maybe they will make good changes! These people are professionals...they know what theyre doing.. right?
*crosses fingers*
I completely agree with you :)
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

I really hope they don't replace the original Jacob, I mean the guy is 5'9" and we all know how fast teeanagers grow. I have a 15 year old son who is the same height as Taylor, it was only a few months ago he was my height (5'3"). By the time March comes around and they get to start filming, the chances are Taylor is going to be another 4 inches taller.

Look at how they made the Gandalf and Legolas look taller in Lord of the Rings when they were stood next to the Hobbits and Dwarfs, surely they can make Jacob look taller by doing the same thing. There is no need to get an new actor in at all.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Angel wrote:I really hope they don't replace the original Jacob, I mean the guy is 5'9" and we all know how fast teeanagers grow. I have a 15 year old son who is the same height as Taylor, it was only a few months ago he was my height (5'3"). By the time March comes around and they get to start filming, the chances are Taylor is going to be another 4 inches taller.

Look at how they made the Gandalf and Legolas look taller in Lord of the Rings when they were stood next to the Hobbits and Dwarfs, surely they can make Jacob look taller by doing the same thing. There is no need to get an new actor in at all.

Angel x
I agree. I didn't think about that. They can definitely use the camera to add a few inches to his height or something. It isn't official yet though , so maybe they will realize that..:)
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

If you are upset obout the rumors of replacing Taylor your should write to Summit. The e-mail is [email protected]
This is what I wrote:
Dear Mr. Feig,
I saw "Twilight" at a midnight showing and have returned to the theater 3 more times. I have never seen a movie in the theater this many times, and I plan to return. In part this is due to the marvelous cast, especially Taylor Lautner. Even though he did not have much screen time, Taylor Lautner has imprinted himself in my mind as Jacob Black. I feel I speak for many fans in this regard. Please, please do not recast the role. Work with Taylor Lautner and his many devoted fans to make New Moon as successful as Twilight!
Put something catchy in the subject line like "Team Taylor" or "Team Edward for Taylor" or "Taylor is Jacob." If enough fans clog their inboxes, I think they may reconsider this. Thanks!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *