Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Re: New Moon~ Lines/Scenes you would like in the movie

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I agree with most people on this thread... I really want to see in general how Taylor Lautner will play Jacob.. if he does... and I hope he does! But I'm interested to see when Bella jumps off the cliff. And when Jacob comes back and sees Alice! I can't wait for this movie...
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

lexxaayy(: wrote:One thing that is absolutely crucial is the Romeo Juliet thing.
her comparison of Paris to Jacob,
what if Romeo left and didn't come back..
etc. all her thoughts along THOSE lines must be kept in there.

also i'd like to point out - which fans would actually have a problem if the movie was a little overtime?
take lord of the rings. like 3 hours. that can be breaking dawn. new moon, not so much. but still.
i think most of us here would rather wet ourselves than walk out of a cinema watching new moon.

ALSO - my most important point that is vital to the whole series!
LAURENT MUST DIE.
Otherwise tanya's family fights with them in the clearing against the newborns in Eclipse,
and how do the volturi get warned without Irina coming to reconsile?
No, laurent must die.

(:

Also, I think everything with Edward needs to be kept in there.
there are an intimidating-amount of edward fans, and really anything with edward ought to stay.
i must say, i want Carslile, Edward and Esme's and ALICE'S please please Alice's... anyway, i want all of their histories in.
Alright, I'm good now.
First of all I want there to be no misunderstandings because I agree completely that Laurent has to die but SM did have another way for the Volturi to get warned. In that version Riley was sent by Victoria to tell the Volturi and Laurent survived and fought by the Cullens' side with Irina and her family. But, since that isn't how it ended up happening in the final book version, then he should indeed die as he's supposed to.

Anywho...I agree with the other posts. The R&J scene would be awesome. R&J was referenced so much throughout the book, it should really be in there. And I, for one, would not be upset in anyway shape or form if any of the movies went into overtime.

The birthday party scene also really needs to be in there. They cut Jasper (and Alice) out of the Twilight movie way too much for my liking. They never even mentioned that Jasper could control emotions.

As for everything concerning Edward, they really need to show how much in love he and Bella were. The break up would be better if they didn't give any clues that he still loved her and didn't want to leave. It was so heartbreaking in the book that any clues in the movie would ruin it. I think for the hallucinations it would be better if Edward was just a voice (though I did like the idea of the one shadowy appearance that wasn't really there). Edward needs to stay out of the movie for the most part, otherwise it changes the flavor of the story. Though, when it does come time for Edward to be back in the story, they need to get that right. Especially everything after they return to Forks.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
teamedward9420
Settled in Forks

Post by teamedward9420 »

Edward- If you could have anything in the world anything at all what would it be?

Bella-You

Edward-Something you don't already have.

Edward- If you don't mind, I'd much rather you didn't hide your face. I've lived without it for as long as I can stand.

Edward- Your epiphany?

Bella-You love me

Edward- Truly I do
These are probably my all time favorites!
StephieTelli
Wandering Through Town

Post by StephieTelli »

- When Bella n Edward are watching Romeo and Juliet and Edward is whispering the lines to Bella. New Moon is very much inspired by Romeo and Juliet..u have to do this.

- There must be that discussion Bella has with the Cullens about turning her into a vampire

- Where Alice is stealing the porshe

- “She runs with vampires!!”

- The birthday party scene of course…hot Jasper and Edward fight scene right before…give Jasper a bat to flip too…super hot

- Carlisle’s car in the Bella’s driveway…that’s when I will start crying tears of joy

On a side note, I have watched a wholllleee lot of Rob Pattinson interviews and he would rather not keep coming into the movie while he's not really around and instead he rather do a biggggg comeback scene in the end. In a way this works bc Edward fans can feel the same torture Bella is going through by not seeing him. The only thing is, how big of a comeback can u make by stopping a guy from walking into the sun????
I want to be your stupid lamb!
louise
Wandering Through Town

Post by louise »

It is interesting how little I think they developed the Edward and Bella love story in the movie (Twilight) and I think they really need to develop that a little more in the beginning of NM to make it believeable. Everyone is so concerned about developing Jacob and Bella's relationship which is a friendship where Edward and Bella are soulmates so I think they need to get that right first. Must scenes for me..

1. proposal at the end along with vote first
2. romeo and juliet at the beginning to develop love story better
3. new moon passage as to why it is called new moon
4. passing of months text

Also, I think they need to have Edward in the movie more. By having him in the movie, they are not sacraficing anything just letting the viewers know how tormented and sad he is...obviously they will not rewrite it to put him in it with Bella, but they need to show him as well and what he is going through. That would make the ending even MORE dramatic than the book or why would anyone think a guy who broke up with his girlfriend would want to kill himself...along the lines of "you are my life now" or "I don't have to the strength to stay away from you" which they killed in Twilight since they did not develop the story...it felt rushed without the development. I don't want that to happen again. The love story is the story...that needs to be the focus.
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

the part when jacob is trying to teach bella how to ride a motorcyle and when jacob brings bella home and then alice and jacob fight with eachother for the first time and when alice and bella go save edward from the volturi
Dragon's_Gypsy
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dragon's_Gypsy »

Not that it is especially needed, but the scene were Jacob turns werewolf in front of Bella for the first time when he fights Paul would be really cool.
Team Edward
Because Jacob just can't fight with an eclipse
Imagine
Settled in Forks

Post by Imagine »

"How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you and I will always love you."

This line is melt worthy.
Team Edward :D I made my own icon!
clumsy
Settled in Forks

Post by clumsy »

I absolutely cannot wait to see the scene where Bella is running to save Edward in Italy. It was totally heartwrenching in the book, and I bet that it will be even better onscreen. I just hope that they film the scene in Italy, and not just some other place.
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

Imagine wrote:"How can I put this so that you'll believe me? You're not asleep, and you're not dead. I'm here, and I love you. I have always loved you and I will always love you."

This line is melt worthy.

uhhh you just made me get all gooey!!
i LOVE that line!
*wistful sigh*
randomness bum<3